• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Luigi87

Finally completed the sphere grid with Wakka. Now it's just a matter of grinding Kottos and Don Tonberry to get everyone else through.

I just did the same with Tidus, and have everyone else left to do.

I'm just glad I no longer need to fill in any more empty nodes, but god this takes forever.

Ostinatto

1- I did not complete the sphere grid, but i did filled the grid with 255 luck points, now, to have the perfect sphere grid trophy i need to turn every luck node with all the characters? meaning i need to kill Earth Eater 200 times?

2- i'm farming Dark Yojimbo now, what is the best drop from this guy?

The fact that party members who are stoned and then "shattered" can't be replaced and thus you're forced to 2 or 1-man the boss if it happens remains the most complete bullshit, inexcusable, terrible design decision in the history of Final Fantasy, possibly also in the history of JRPGs or even all video games.

I mean, not being able to replace dead members until you scrape them off the floor with a phoenix down is understandable, since otherwise you have to deal with the element of "how do you target someone with a resurrection if they're not in the party?" But if they're shattered and thus un-resurrectable there's no reason why someone else can't just take their spot.

The fact that bosses that use this tend to be right after long cutscenes just adds to the frustration.

(Yes, I am mad because I just died to
Braska's Final Aeon
.)

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Oh boy I'm off to a dumb start! I made mister mysterious attack himself and totally failed Tidus' overdrive

i r good at targetting and timing puzzles

edit: I can fly through the sky foreverrrrrr
or until I hit an invisible boundary bleh

The fact that party members who are stoned and then "shattered" can't be replaced and thus you're forced to 2 or 1-man the boss if it happens remains the most complete bullshit, inexcusable, terrible design decision in the history of Final Fantasy, possibly also in the history of JRPGs or even all video games.

I mean, not being able to replace dead members until you scrape them off the floor with a phoenix down is understandable, since otherwise you have to deal with the element of "how do you target someone with a resurrection if they're not in the party?" But if they're shattered and thus un-resurrectable there's no reason why someone else can't just take their spot.

The fact that bosses that use this tend to be right after long cutscenes just adds to the frustration.

Braska's Final Aeon
.)

Okay well step one would be to breathe. Wow that was a rant lol

I guess Great Malboros in Omega Ruins has First Strike. Initiative has never ever failed to guard me against ambushes except against those specific Malboros.

Yeah, I'm doing the 'capture 10 of every enemy grind' and I got my ass handed to me by them. So I customised armour for Wakka, Auron and Tidus(my 3 capture guys...) that have Stoneproof, Confuseproof, Berserkproof and Auto-Med. Easy win, works well for the big stone slab guys that counter with Pharoah's Curse every time you attack as well.

Ourobolus

Banned

Braska's Final Aeon
.)
Stoneproof is a thing, so it's not that terrible.

Stoneproof is a thing, so it's not that terrible.

Yeah, who would have thought you'd actually need to prepare to fight the final set of bosses? :p

Anyways... Confirmation the Kilika Beats are easily the worst team in Blitzball:
d8K2UzG.jpg

QP3

So, what is the downfall to Sonic Wings with Valefor?

It is essentially limitless attacks without allowing the opponent to attack. Are some enemies fast enough to where this isn't always the case?

Ourobolus

Banned

It is essentially limitless attacks without allowing the opponent to attack. Are some enemies fast enough to where this isn't always the case?
It's just like Delay Attack/Buster. It can knock enemies' turns back, but yeah, eventually enemies will probably get a turn.

Atlantis

It's just a delay attack with a short recovery time. Seems really great, but most bosses are immune and it's pretty weak.

It's very good against anything not immune to delay though.
Lord Ochu
and
the Chocobo Eater
spring to mind.

Saphirax

1- I did not complete the sphere grid, but i did filled the grid with 255 luck points, now, to have the perfect sphere grid trophy i need to turn every luck node with all the characters? meaning i need to kill Earth Eater 200 times?

2- i'm farming Dark Yojimbo now, what is the best drop from this guy?

You have a very long grind ahead of you....

You just made the most tedious trophy in the game even more tedious :p.

QP3

It's just a delay attack with a short recovery time. Seems really great, but most bosses are immune and it's pretty weak.

It's very good against anything not immune to delay though.
Lord Ochu
and
the Chocobo Eater
spring to mind.

It's just like Delay Attack/Buster. It can knock enemies' turns back, but yeah, eventually enemies will probably get a turn.

Ok thanks! I was just using it against the Garuda and noticed that I never allowed it to even get an attack in!

So, when you first get yojimbo, and he gives you his three options :

Option 1.To train as a summoner.
Option 2. To gain the power to destroy fiends.
Option 3. To defeat the most powerful of enemies.

Is there any difference between the three outside of certain options being cheaper than the other? I don't care about the gil, but I picked 3 because I figured that would make him more likely to use zanmato on stronger fiends ( like the ones found in monster arena) even though that's just a baseless assumption on my part.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Hooray for random battles and swimming! Someday I'll get ta go back and beatup that first boss-ish enemy Tidus runs swims away from right?

Gotta say that whole sphere tutorial thing went wayyyy over my head @_@

Saphirax

Hooray for random battles and swimming! Someday I'll get ta go back and beatup that first boss-ish enemy Tidus runs swims away from right?

Gotta say that whole sphere tutorial thing went wayyyy over my head @_@

Yep - but he's optional. You don't have to worry about him until you're close to finishing the game.

The Loner/Slice & Dice method of killing Earth Eater is at least a little tolerable, especially once you get enough luck to crit with every hit.

That's what I've been doing today.

Boy does Dark Matter tick me off when I'm doing this.

*EDIT* Oh, and you guessed right about Yojimbo. Option 3 makes Zanmato quite a bit more likely against tough opponents, but less likely against weak ones. But seriously, who Zanmato's dingos and hornets?

Saphirax

wait, so after i kill Penance i should clear all those luck nodes right?
i have a ton of magic defense spheres xD

Well if you want to kill Penance the long way, you'll need two more characters with high luck.

Definitely use clear spheres after. I think around 30% of my sphere grid is filled with m. Def.

The Loner/Slice & Dice method of killing Earth Eater is at least a little tolerable, especially once you get enough luck to crit with every hit.

That's what I've been doing today.

Boy does Dark Matter tick me off when I'm doing this.

*EDIT* Oh, and you guessed right about Yojimbo. Option 3 makes Zanmato quite a bit more likely against tough opponents, but less likely against weak ones. But seriously, who Zanmato's dingos and hornets?

Thanks for answering; and yeah, using Zanmato against weak fiends is a complete waste, which is why I had to be sure I was going with the right option.

Seyyyymore. Forgot he spams magic.

No clue how I best him as a kid. Think I got lucky with shiva.

It's crazy how good looking summons and their overdrives are still.

Levyne

Banned
Still no advice on how to get a quick Blitz win in X-2?

I recruited a goalie kid with something like 8 catch, and then I trained Paine to improve her shot, also did some random training with some other people, I forget.

Ended up taking like 4 losses but finally won one against the Kilika team, that team is apparently pretty bad.

I recruited a goalie kid with something like 8 catch, and then I trained Paine to improve her shot, also did some random training with some other people, I forget.

Ended up taking like 4 losses but finally won one against the Kilika team, that team is apparently pretty bad.

They're still bad in FFX-2? :p

Balphon

Yeah, who would have thought you'd actually need to prepare to fight the final set of bosses? :p

Anyways... Confirmation the Kilika Beats are easily the worst team in Blitzball:

They're actually the best of the starting teams at max level.

So, when you first get yojimbo, and he gives you his three options :

Option 1.To train as a summoner.
Option 2. To gain the power to destroy fiends.
Option 3. To defeat the most powerful of enemies.

Is there any difference between the three outside of certain options being cheaper than the other? I don't care about the gil, but I picked 3 because I figured that would make him more likely to use zanmato on stronger fiends ( like the ones found in monster arena) even though that's just a baseless assumption on my part.

Your choice affects the calculations for what attack he'll use on any given turn. Option 3 makes him generally more likely to use Zanmato.

XJF

So there's no like sure win way like in X? That blows. Was really hoping not to sink that much time into Blitz in this game... It's. So. Bad!

A_Gorilla

Banned
I'm going through FFX using the standard sphere grid and I have to ask: am I overgrinding? I'm only in the Kilika woods (Yuna already has Ifrit) and everyone is over 1000 HP, Titus knows all of his overdrives except Blitz Ace, and Lulu knows all the mid-level spells like Fira and Thundera...

katkombat

Banned
so I got the game Saturday and have put in like 12 hours...finished djose temple.

I've been dying to know...what's the name of the first "battle music" in the game in Zanarkand when you first meet auron? Loved the music since I first played the ps2 version and haven't bothered to look it up till now...well I couldn't find it when I did haha.

Atlantis

I'm going through FFX using the standard sphere grid and I have to ask: am I overgrinding? I'm only in the Kilika woods (Yuna already has Ifrit) and everyone is over 1000 HP, Titus knows all of his overdrives except Blitz Ace, and Lulu knows all the mid-level spells like Fira and Thundera...

Yes, you're pretty far ahead of what most would consider 'normal' at that point.

Levyne

Banned
hmmm i forget was X a long game if you don't mess with end game side stuff?

was getting shiva the halfway point or further along?

I'd say that's about half way, yeah.

The -ra spells at Kilika? Usually if I want to show up a certain someone at Mi'ihen, I end up grinding those spells out at the end of that highroad. I think you're well ahead.

Levyne

Banned
I don't remember. I know the trophy popped in the battle with the last oversouled monster, but I forget if it was when I met it or when I killed it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wait, do i have to kill all the Oversoul'd monsters, or are they added if I just encounter them?

Just encounter. You can just get a weak enemy to Oversoul and flee, then go and encounter all their stronger counterparts who'll Oversoul immediately and just run from them as well.

Holmes

Just encounter. You can just get a weak enemy to Oversoul and flee, then go and encounter all their stronger counterparts who'll Oversoul immediately and just run from them as well.
Oh, you don't need to defeat the enemy to have their Oversoul data in the bestiary? That's great.

Mario007

Do the weapons in FF X give give status boots apart from the abilities that they say they have? Basically what I'm wondering is, if I buy a new weapon will it automatically be stronger than my last weapon?

just need to catch 10 each of every fiend(finished up to Mushroom Rock)curbstomp the Dark Aeons, and kill Penance, then on to FFX-2
not worrying about the Plat
5 chest chocobo race is too frustrating

Carbonox

Killed Dark Bahamut, Dark Anima, Dark Yojimbo and the Dark Magus Sisters last night. On to Penance for the first time in my life!

Beat the two former ones with Zanmato (only Dark Aeons I did beat with Zanmato actually) cos Bahamut is a bitch and Anima was taking far too long. The latter two were easy to fight normally.

You don't need to avoid the poles if you only want the trophy.

Yeah once this sets in in your mind, it's pretty easy. 3rd attempt for me was all it took.

Killed Dark Bahamut, Dark Anima, Dark Yojimbo and the Dark Magus Sisters last night. On to Penance for the first time in my life!

Beat the two former ones with Zanmato (only Dark Aeons I did beat with Zanmato actually) cos Bahamut is a bitch and Anima was taking far too long. The latter two were easy to fight normally.

Yeah once this sets in in your mind, it's pretty easy. 3rd attempt for me was all it took.

still though i have other games i need to play still
i havent even started Symphonia Chronicles yet

Do the weapons in FF X give give status boots apart from the abilities that they say they have? Basically what I'm wondering is, if I buy a new weapon will it automatically be stronger than my last weapon?

There are three hidden weapon bonuses:

Weapons dropped from Dark Aeons and some Arena bosses types have slightly higher critical chance (+3%).

Weapons dropped from Penance has a significantly higher critical chance (+7%).

Celestial Weapons ignore defense.

Top Bottom