• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Luigi87

Same, man... I'd kill for auto fill in this game haha. Move three spots... use three spheres, move 3 spots... and the nightmare of accidently moving one spot to far and seeing its like 60 levels away... and having to wait for it to slowly travel just to say "no I did not want to move there" ugh!

god, I know what you mean. Watching the active spot have to travel the entire grid is just... Just skip to where I'm pointing dammit >_<

That shot of Rikku's ass during her first conversation with Tidus is so similar to the one of Miranda in ME2, couldn't help but laugh when I made the connection.

Finally started grinding out the Triple AP weapons from One Eye. Got 4 so far and a bunch of armor. I am actually looking forward to this grind, oddly enough. Then again, I master all materia in 7 every time I play it haha.

Balphon

Anyone know if this Flan cooking minigame in FFX-2 is possible to complete? Or is it just one giant tease letting me think I can win but really it's out of my control?

Any advice would be great.

For the fiend tale? It's possible; I did it after a couple tries, though the reward wasn't particularly memorable. Some of those QTE-ish mini games won't fail if you hit the wrong button, so if you're having trouble you could try just mashing everything on the controller.

The only one of those I've given up on completely so far is the Pop Fry blitzball one. Once it rejected 4500 points I just said screw it.

Joni

A certain fiend in the Omega Ruins - Final Fantasy X got downed quite easily, except the part where I accidentaly decided to try Holy instead of Flare. They should have made him a bit better, make him a real step-up to Nemesis.

OmegaDL50

Man...I changed the video display on my TV to Game mode to reduce lag and I still can't do that stupid Flan Cooking minigame.

It's not like it's a matter of skill either because I can play twitch shooters like Ikaruga, Raiden, Gundamomium Collection and sorts without issue. 1CC's too.

I just wanted to see the "good ending" to this fiend tale. Meh

Died in the Omega Ruins last night after 1.5 hours of farming with no saves to cap out my monster captures there. Sooo pissed. After that I went and bought 3 empty 4-slot armors, farmed Ahrimans at the arena for about 30 minutes for Musks, and put Confuseproof, Stoneproof, and Darkproof on all 3 armors. Fuck you, Great Malboro.

Atlantis

Died in the Omega Ruins last night after 1.5 hours of farming with no saves to cap out my monster captures there. Sooo pissed. After that I went and bought 3 empty 4-slot armors, farmed Ahrimans at the arena for about 30 minutes for Musks, and put Confuseproof, Stoneproof, and Darkproof on all 3 armors. Fuck you, Great Malboro.

Should have customized First Strike instead. :p

Robert7lee

Neo Member
I'm currently making armour for the dark aeons in x, does anyone know a way to beat all 3 magus sisters in 1 battle without BHPL. I've beaten all bosses without this and I don't remember how....been too long.

Also I didn't use double casting ultiima method either.

I think I used auto haste, ribbon, auto potion and auto Phoenix but doesn't seem right.

Balphon

Man...I changed the video display on my TV to Game mode to reduce lag and I still can't do that stupid Flan Cooking minigame.

It's not like it's a matter of skill either because I can play twitch shooters like Ikaruga, Raiden, Gundamomium Collection and sorts without issue. 1CC's too.

I just wanted to see the "good ending" to this fiend tale. Meh

Did button mashing not work on that one? I know it does on a few others.

OmegaDL50

Did button mashing not work on that one? I know it does on a few others.
You are trying to cook a flan and are basically rotating the dpad as if stirring a pot.

it requires you to do 360 degree circles and you have a time limit and must do so many inputs at once. Every now and then a buttons will pop up on the screen for a split second (Not unlike Rikku's Thunder Plains calibration game) and you must hit these inputs to add "seasonings" to make the Flan supposedly taste better.

Failing to stir the Flan enough times and screw up on the seasoning prompts causes the game to fail and you result making a "Bad Flan"

The game would be infinitely easier if you could just rotate the analog to make the circles, but no...you are forced to use the dpad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB3uHgoLQRM&t=30m10s

Balphon

You are trying to cook a flan and are basically rotating the dpad as if stirring a pot.

it requires you to do 360 degree circles and you have a time limit and must do so many inputs at once. Every now and then a buttons will pop up on the screen for a split second (Not unlike Rikku's Thunder Plains calibration game) and you must hit these inputs to add "seasonings" to make the Flan supposedly taste better.

Failing to stir the Flan enough times and screw up on the seasoning prompts causes the game to fail and you result making a "Bad Flan"

The game would be infinitely easier if you could just rotate the analog to make the circles, but no...you are forced to use the dpad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB3uHgoLQRM&t=30m10s

I know the minigame you're talking about. Like I said, I completed it without a ton of trouble. It gave me a cutscene with three "miniflans" and an item that was so unremarkable I can't even remember what it was.

What I'm trying to tell you is that some if not all of the fiend tale minigames like that (e.g. Flan Rojo's) will not fail you for giving the wrong input, allowing you to complete them by just mashing every button until they're over. However, I didn't have to button mash to finish the flan cooking one, so I can't tell you if it works there, but it's worth a try.

Personally, I would be due to the possibility of having extreme bad luck (missing attacks, screwing up overdrives) and running out of aeons.

Low chances of that happening, but still.

Very low. I never got closer than 3 Aeons left when DY went down.

I mean, it's possible you can miss enough since you only get up to like a 50% hit rate with base luck, but it seems pretty unlikely.

I don't even really know why I took out DY with such low stats, since I've been farming luck between then and now. Have my luck up to ~140. More than halfway there.

XJF

This thread isn't getting a lot of love recently. I just ordered FFXIV Before Meteor OST and FFXIII-2 OST PLUS. i'm pretty far behind on physically buying OST's as you can tell lol

Is there anything special I need to do with Omega Weapon before I kill him in FFX? I know I need to Lancet him, but anything else special? Or just kick his ass and be done with that place?

I think I've officially hit my breaking point for grinding.

I was enjoying the build up of various stats and the dark aeons battles I did do, but earth eater ad infinitum is just killing me.

Just gonna Zanmato, clear those luck nodes and fill with MDef. Even I've got my limits. :(

Luigi87

As someone who's never played Kingdom Hearts before...is this a good thing?

I personally love KH's combat system, but it may not necessarily be for everyone.

It's an action RPG.

I think I've officially hit my breaking point for grinding.

I was enjoying the build up of various stats and the dark aeons battles I did do, but earth eater ad infinitum is just killing me.

Just gonna Zanmato, clear those luck nodes and fill with MDef. Even I've got my limits. :(

That's what I've done, and it's still taken me well into 10-15 hours of just activating nodes... and I still have Auron and Kimahri's left to complete.

That's what I've done, and it's still taken me well into 10-15 hours of just activating nodes... and I still have Auron and Kimahri's left to complete.

Yeah, it's night and day compared to the other stats.

Str/Def/MDef/Agi are easy enough to all do extremely quickly (like an hour or two each, if that), but Earth Eater alone taking multiple times that is painful. Let alone Magic Flan. Just can't do it. Especially with cheese strats being so much quicker.

Luigi87

Yeah, it's night and day compared to the other stats.

Str/Def/MDef/Agi are easy enough to all do extremely quickly (like an hour or two each, if that), but Earth Eater alone taking multiple times that is painful. Let alone Magic Flan. Just can't do it. Especially with cheese strats being so much quicker.

Indeed.
The fact that it takes three full Attack Reels at max STR to kill Earth Eater, and again, not even mentioning Jumbo Flan), I just didn't have the time and patience to go beyond the four stats you mentioned.

Atlantis

what are the best Accessories to have in X-2?

I'm pretty boring, my favorites are probably just plain +stat items. Besides those, I love any kind of Tome.

Stat stuff

People go pretty crazy with the stat grinding IMO. If you want to take down the Dark Aeons, you really only need to focus on your Strength, Agility, and Luck. The latter two don't even require reaching the hard cap. (Or even the soft cap for Luck)

Penance is a bump up in stat requirement, but grinding is so tedious you're really best off just using Zanmato. Even if you're not using Zanmato, I STILL wouldn't softcap Luck, it's just not worth the time unless you're perfecting it for the sake of it being perfect.

People go pretty crazy with the stat grinding IMO. If you want to take down the Dark Aeons, you really only need to focus on your Strength, Agility, and Luck. The latter two don't even require reaching the hard cap. (Or even the soft cap for Luck)

Penance is a bump up in stat requirement, but grinding is so tedious you're really best off just using Zanmato. Even if you're not using Zanmato, I STILL wouldn't softcap Luck, it's just not worth the time unless you're perfecting it for the sake of it being perfect.

Yeah, I agree. Normally I don't even mind this sort of party prep. I wasn't even aiming for 255 luck or anything ridiculous like that. EE is just that tedious of a farm (the counter flares, the reflect animations, the fact that very occasionally sometimes his ass don't get knocked down when you OD him, etc.) that the process goes from scratching that leveling itch to stabbing it with a fork.

clem84

Gold Member
What is the best way to get lots of standard spheres (power, mana, speed, ability)? I need to have a bunch of them after doing the tonberry upgrade trick and also to upgrade my aeons.

What I do is go to Besaid island and fight monsters there. They're all 1 hit kills and you can accumulate spheres pretty fast. I was also thinking of using auto-haste and first strike to speed up the process. Is this the best way?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
What is the best way to get lots of standard spheres (power, mana, speed, ability)? I need to have a bunch of them after doing the tonberry upgrade trick and also to upgrade my aeons.

What I do is go to Besaid island and fight monsters there. They're all 1 hit kills and you can accumulate spheres pretty fast. I was also thinking of using auto-haste and first strike to speed up the process. Is this the best way?

Kottos in the area conquest from Mi'hen highroad.

He has 440k hp (15k overkill), and drops 40 healing springs when overkilled.

However, if you use extract/distill abilities/weapons, it changes to the sphere in question.

Depending on how fast you can kill him, it's the fastest way to be rolling in spheres.

Acc/Evd is useless with max Lck right?

And where's the best spot to find Master Tonberries in Omega Ruins?

Distiller against Kottos usually gets you 40 spheres.

SirNinja

I thought there would be an ultimate set up for accessories

There's no "perfect" setup, but the closest you can get for general purposes is probably Iron Duke (HP +100%, MP +100%, Strength +100, Magic +100, Defense +100, Magic Defense +100, Agility +10, Accuracy +100, Evasion +100, Luck +50) and Key to Success (HP +100%, MP +100%, Luck +100, Double AP, Double EXP, Double Gil, Double Items, Double Item Effectiveness).

Getting the former requires defeating an incredibly cheap difficult boss at the very bottom of the game's bonus dungeon. Getting the latter is much easier, but you won't be able to get the Mascot dressphere on that playthrough, as it involves deliberately not doing a prerequisite event for completing one area.

XJF

Acc/Evd is useless with max Lck right?

And where's the best spot to find Master Tonberries in Omega Ruins?.

YOu could do it on the platform trail to the area boss, but personally i capped all my OR monsters right by the save sphere. Found it to be easier...

Atlantis

I thought there would be an ultimate set up for accessories

The game has tons of ways to combine Dresspheres, Garment Grids, and accessories. What's best really depends on what your strategy is and what you're fighting at the time.

Like SirNinja says, Iron Duke is probably the closest thing the game has to a 'best' accessory.

Atlantis

Omg I'm here trying to fight nemesis for a while now and I didn't know he could be zanmato killed...

GOH-Arya.gif

Except Yunalesca and Braska's Final Aeon that haven't reached their last form, and Overdrive Sin >_>

XJF

Is there a place in-game I could go to get info on how many species kills are needed to get an Oversoul?

Top Bottom