• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Flandy

None. In fact rip out the existing luck nodes.
Why should I rip it out? So I don't have to grind fortune spheres?
Shouldn't I level it up a bit since you have to fight Dark Yojimbo 5 times? Doubt I can get him to cast Zanmato 5 times lol

Atlantis

Why should I rip it out? So I don't have to grind fortune spheres?
Shouldn't I level it up a bit since you have to fight Dark Yojimbo 5 times? Doubt I can get him to cast Zanmato 5 times lol

If by 'most' you mean 'everything except Yojimbo' you'll be fine with 60 or higher.

With Earth Eater, if you are watching Flares or letting him attack you are probably doing it wrong.

The Earth Eater strategy I use is to give Tidus Loner overdrive mode. Have the other two players escape. Use Slice & Dice to knock Earth Eater down. Defend until he stands back up. Slice & Dice again.

With base luck it will take 8 Slice & Dices to kill him. Once you get Luck high enough to always crit it's 4 Slice & Dices.

You can replace this with Yuna and the Magus Sisters/Delta Attack, but the extra summon/dismiss animations make it take longer.

I can't even kill one Yojimbo with 255 str, def, agi, mag def and 80 luck. Can only hit him twice. I think I'm too burned out from the game already...

Aim x5 and Luck x5 make a huge difference. With just those two you are up to ~50% hit chance with base luck. With 80 luck you should never miss once buffed up.

Ourobolus

Banned
For Earth Eater I have just been going in with 3 full overdrive bars.
Wakka uses Attack Reels
Someone Entrusts their bar to him
Wakka uses Attack Reels
2x Quick Hit

You should never see Flare since Attack Reels won't knock him down, the first Quick Hit knocks him down, and the last one finishes him off.

Fight a Dingo in between; everyone uses Victor Overdrive mode.

daoster

Goddamn... I'm looking at requirement for
Magus sisters
, and I'm thinking to myself... Did I really do all that when I was younger??

Took me almost 3 hours to beat the Goers in that first tournament last night. I didn't have the jecht shot (i was completely caught off-guard when the QTE happened on the boat) and the Aurochs are freaking terrible. Finally, in a moment of weakness, i looked up how to cheese that game. all you have to do is get the ball and stay in and around your own goal and it totally confuses the AI.

Glad that's over with. hah. It was a real bummer playing it 3-4 times with all those unskippable cutscenes making it torturous.

Wakka uses Attack Reels
Wakka uses Attack Reels
2x Quick Hit

You should never see Flare since Attack Reels won't knock him down, the first Quick Hit knocks him down, and the last one finishes him off.

Or just have Wakka with loner OD mode. 3 turns and OD again.

Atlantis

I can't even kill one Yojimbo with 255 str, def, agi, mag def and 80 luck. Can only hit him twice. I think I'm too burned out from the game already...

Unfortunately, defensive stats are pretty inconsequential against the Dark Aeons. The strategy changes, but when it comes down to just being able to win, there's really no difference between 255 and 0.

Like Birgiette says, using Aim makes all the difference. Since your Defense is maxed you can tank Wakizashi with the right armor, but blocking with your aeons works just as well.

So I just need to get Auron's Triple AP weapon w/ two free slots and I'm done fighting One-Eye. I got one w/ one free slot, but I can't be having that. Gonna grind up Gillionaire next so I can bribe Lvl 4 spheres all day. Does anyone know if it's possible to bribe Chimera Brain that are fought from the Monster Arena? Or do I have to find them in the wild?

Also, for the purpose of defeating Dark Aeons and Pennance, is there anything crazy I should be doing in terms of filling up the blank spheres on the grid? Some of these guides are insane w/ clearing certain spheres and replacing them.

Holmes

Beat Trema and oversouled every enemy! Happy days are here.

But on a more sombre note, I should be at 96% right now but I appear to be at 95%. I won't lose sleep over it. Is the 100% trophy just for getting 100%, or beating the game with 100%? Regardless, the game can be really fast to play through.

Wakka uses Attack Reels
Wakka uses Attack Reels
2x Quick Hit

I'm not even bothering with overdrives. I him once, someone dies to his counter, full-life the person, then just attack him normally, pausing to heal if someone is one flare from dying. Requires less concentration, since I don't have to worry about messing up Wakka's reels.

I used Attack reels for the Greater Sphere, glad I'm done with that though.

I'm not even bothering with overdrives. I him once, someone dies to his counter, full-life the person, then just attack him normally, pausing to heal if someone is one flare from dying. Requires less concentration, since I don't have to worry about messing up Wakka's reels.

I used Attack reels for the Greater Sphere, glad I'm done with that though.

The concentration factor is why I use Tidus with Slice & Dice. If I am off slightly no big deal, it still takes only 4 now that I have > 115 luck with him. Up to that point I used all my fortune spheres on him first.

XJF

Urgh, I can't seem to find any Simurgh even though I'm looking at the right place with the sun, it sucks :(

I found all mine at the top of the Djose highroad, where the road forks to Moonflow or Temple. Good luck

Where are all the easy Sphere Break players in chapter 10? every has like a 60-100 quota. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Mitama

FFX. 33 hours in, just beat Yunalesca. Started doing all the sidequest stuff, getting the most difficult sigils first and capturing 10x of most monsters; 48 hours on the clock, haha. This game is such a time sink! :D

FFX. 33 hours in, just beat Yunalesca. Started doing all the sidequest stuff, getting the most difficult sigils first and capturing 10x of most monsters; 48 hours on the clock, haha. This game is such a time sink! :D

Just broke 51 hours myself. Got a lot to go. I'm expecting 80-90 hours to clear w/ full sphere grids on everyone.

Levyne

Banned
I found all mine at the top of the Djose highroad, where the road forks to Moonflow or Temple. Good luck

Where are all the easy Sphere Break players in chapter 10? every has like a 60-100 quota. Ain't nobody got time for that.

There was a guy in Luca basement A, right in the middle, that I think had 20 (maybe 30).

krae_man

Kind of bummed that the 1mp cost skill doesn't work outside battle. Would save me putting no encounters on and running back to the save point every time Yuna runs low on MP.

Working through the Omega Ruins now. Figure I'll tackle these before I go take out Sin.

XJF

There was a guy in Luca basement A, right in the middle, that I think had 20 (maybe 30).

Damn, i was on the wrong side then lol I'll try that after i finish up the Mi'ihen Dungeon

Did you ever post a link to your Cat-Nip free VI boss strategies?

ZeroX03

Banned
My Sphere Break trophy glitched, I played only two practice matches and after beating my first real opponent in the tournament it popped. Only three games! :D

ZeroX03

Banned
I have yet to do 1 loner battle, much less what I need to get the OD mode. I think I'll pass on that for now :p

Can't you unlock Loner in one battle? Versus a Besaid enemy, have two people escape, and sit there tapping Triangle for a few minutes. Loner is based on turns spent alone, not battles. 110 for Wakka.

EDIT: Yeah it takes all of two minutes.

Korezo

The sphere grid, monster hunting, arena battles and blitz ball were grinds and time wasters in FFX which was why I bought the vita version, does FFX-2 have anything that requires a lot of time to? I don't remember anything about FFX-2 and if it's less a grind I'll just sell my vita game and play through on the ps3.

The sphere grid, monster hunting, arena battles and blitz ball were grinds and time wasters in FFX which was why I bought the vita version, does FFX-2 have anything that requires a lot of time to? I don't remember anything about FFX-2 and if it's less a grind I'll just sell my vita game and play through on the ps3.

Grind in a sense that you need to be reading a FAQ while playing the game if you want to 100% it.

Saphirax

:(

100% the story, PR and marriage side-quests, getting all monsters and their oversouled versions, paying off O'aka's debt, etc and then there's the Last Mission as well.

My suggestion is that you keep the vita version.

Ourobolus

Banned
Can't you unlock Loner in one battle? Versus a Besaid enemy, have two people escape, and sit there tapping Triangle for a few minutes. Loner is based on turns spent alone, not battles. 110 for Wakka.

EDIT: Yeah it takes all of two minutes.
Ah. For some reason I thought it was # of battles. I can give it a shot then. Thanks!

aett

I can't believe that I missed out on getting the Mascot dressphere because I went to Zanarkand before doing all of the other Episode Completes. What the hell.

Saphirax

I can't believe that I missed out on getting the Mascot dressphere because I went to Zanarkand before doing all of the other Episode Completes. What the hell.

From the FF wiki :

"In the International and HD Remaster versions, the Mascot dressphere can also be obtained by completing the Youth League Cup in the Fiend Arena once."

aett

From the FF wiki :

"In the International and HD Remaster versions, the Mascot dressphere can also be obtained by completing the Youth League Cup in the Fiend Arena once."

Well, that's good. Thank you. The Zanarkand thing is still a bizarre requirement/glitch. I just finally beat Angra Mainyu and I thought it was for nothing.

Question for you guys who have done the Don Tonbrerry level trick:

My current config is as such:

Yuna: Triple AP, Overdrive > AP - Comrade
Tidus: Triple AP, Overdrive > AP - Comrade
Auron: Triple AP - Stoic

Attack Don Tonberry with Auron, he dies, revive him, Block with Tidus and Yuna, repeat until Don Tonberry no longer moves forward, and then Flee. When the battle ends, Yuna and Tidus receive a metric fuckton of AP, whereas Auron receives a whopping ZERO. Is this normal? Something I also found strange is that both Tidus and Yuna's overdrive gauge do not fill. This is normal, because of Overdrive > AP, right?

So my main question is why isn't Auron receiving any AP?

Saphirax

Attack Don Tonberry with Auron, he dies, revive him, Block with Tidus and Yuna, repeat until Don Tonberry no longer moves forward, and then Flee. When the battle ends, Yuna and Tidus receive a metric fuckton of AP, whereas Auron receives a whopping ZERO. Is this normal? Something I also found strange is that both Tidus and Yuna's overdrive gauge do not fill. This is normal, because of Overdrive > AP, right?

He doesn't have anything to get AP from. The reason Yuna and Tidus are getting AP and Auron isn't is because they have OD -> AP on their weapons.

And yes, their OD bars won't fill as long as they have OD -> AP.

XJF

What? You only miss it if you do Zanarkand LAST, as the Z EpCom doesn't send you back to the Celsuis Automatically.

He doesn't have anything to get AP from. The reason Yuna and Tidus are getting AP and Auron isn't is because they have OD -> AP on their weapons.

And yes, their OD bars won't fill as long as they have OD -> AP.

Ohhhhh I see I see. I'll keep grinding One Eye until I get Auron's weapon w/ 2 slots. Thank you!

I was doing this last night and getting AP for everyone. are you Fleeing with Auron alive or dead?

EDIT: oops didnt see that Auron didn't have OD->AP

aett

What? You only miss it if you do Zanarkand LAST, as the Z EpCom doesn't send you back to the Celsuis Automatically.

Really? The guide I checked said otherwise. I read that if you do Zanarkand before Bevelle, Isaaru doesn't show up in Bevelle and you don't get an episode complete there, which happened to me. Guess I'll finish getting the last few episode completes and see what happens.

XJF

Really? The guide I checked said otherwise. I read that if you do Zanarkand before Bevelle, Isaaru doesn't show up in Bevelle and you don't get an episode complete there, which happened to me. Guess I'll finish getting the last few episode completes and see what happens.

I did Zanarkand First in chapter 5, and I got the Mascot DS. Official guide even says to do it first. idk.. I just got Ribbon on Yuna's. AP Egg is amazing!

now that im doing DonTonberry I'm running out of power/speed/magic/ability spheres fast. thinking about trying Kottos but i'm not sure if im strong enough yet. each character has gone through 2-3 character paths so far.

Saphirax

I'm getting about 9 per battle. Triple would give me 99!!?! Sounds like it'd give me 27.

9? No, nooo :D, you're supposed to be getting 99 or as close to it as possible. I presume, Auron isn't getting hit by Karma for 99999 damage?

The more damage Karma does, the more AP you'll get. If you've been using Tidus in fights he should be getting hit for more than Auron does.

About 9 hours in on X and at the end of the highway and feel like I have been steamrolling everything. Not a lot of grinding at all. Was this game always this easy? I even
won the blitzball match
on my first go.

Oh and seeing the paths on the sphere grid is a bitch on the vita.

9? No, nooo :D, you're supposed to be getting 99 or as close to it as possible. I presume, Auron isn't getting hit by Karma for 99999 damage?

The more damage Karma does, the more AP you'll get. If you've been using Tidus in fights he should be getting hit for more than Auron does.

Derp. Should've thought of that. Here's what mine looks like now. I'll change it around to Tidus in a little while. Thanks for the help!

ipzKAHn.jpg

Is there a better way to get Gil aside from Gillionaire in a Mimic fight?

Saphirax

Derp. Should've thought of that. Here's what mine looks like now. I'll change it around to Tidus in a little while. Thanks for the help!

Yeah - if he's not getting hit for 99999 just do the Monster capturing side-quest. The amount of damage Karma does is higher the more enemies the character who's attacking has killed.

Top Bottom