• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Letep

What happened to that so called early release? Gamestop seems to be advertising 3/18 again.

Need this in my Vita!

Flandy

What's the spoiler policy for this thread? Saw someone talking about a certain boss without any spoiler tags a few pages back.

September 2011 - FFX HD is announced for the Vita

February 2012 - I buy a Vita at launch because of that announcement

March 2014 - My Vita purchase is finally justified

I really can't wait for this game. Easily one of my all time favourites and to be able to have it on the go is just perfect

I remember at the time thinking that I'd get most likely get the PS3 version first and then maybe the Vita version later. Thought it wouldn't take them this long to release it since they had announced it for the 10th anniversary. Surely it wouldn't take them over 2 years to release it.

Getting the Vita version too. Maybe I'll get the PS3 version later if I can find it for $20 or less.

RPGCrazied

This one I might be able to platinum. I don't see any speed beating trophies, or no dying, nor not changing equipment. Dodging the lightning and getting wakka's reels will be a bitch though. I hate blitzball. :(

sasuke_91

1000 Words
I didn't like X-2 that much, but this song is easily one of my favourite game soundtracks of all time :D
I don't know if the video counts as spoilers. If you don't want to get spoiled, just let the song play in the background^^

Can't wait for this game. I have the LE pre-ordered and will hopefully get it in less than two weeks (Germany).

My interest in this dwindled considerably since it was announced, but I was still gonna Gamefly this on Vita until I saw this:

8eP2wef.png

I guess what I'm reading on the cover there is that X-2 is a download code?

Flandy

My interest in this dwindled considerably since it was announced, but I was still gonna Gamefly this on Vita until I saw this:

8eP2wef.png

I guess what I'm reading on the cover there is that X-2 is a download code?

You were going to rent it? :lol
Yeah only 10 comes on the cart due to space limitations. X-2 comes as a voucher. I'm assuming they take out the voucher for those who rent it

Aeana

Any Utada Hikaru fanboys/girls here? - 1000 Words
I didn't like X-2 that much, but this song is easily one of my favourite game soundtracks of all time :D
I don't know if the video counts as spoilers. If you don't want to get spoiled, just let the song play in the background^^

Can't wait for this game. I have the LE pre-ordered and will hopefully get it in less than two weeks (Germany).
That's not Utada Hikaru. The Japanese version is performed by Kumi Koda and the English version is performed by Jade from Sweetbox.

sasuke_91

That's not Utada Hikaru. The Japanese version is performed by Kumi Koda and the English version is performed by Jade from Sweetbox.

Oh god, you're right. Now that's embarrassing. I will edit my post o_O
For some reason I always assumed it was her.

Cheddahz

Banned
I have a dumb question, will you be able to buy each game separately on the PSN store? I would just like to get FFX for my Vita right now and I was wondering if this was possible

Persona7

Banned
What happened to that so called early release? Gamestop seems to be advertising 3/18 again.

Need this in my Vita!

It was always 3/18. It says that on the receipt and the release page gamestop hands out. It is also on the giant poster they have in store.

Shahed

Getting both to play on the 21st! Digital PS3 so we can play on multiple consoles, and retail Vita because even with 2 PS3's it might not be enough! Doing bits and pieces on the go during breaks at work will be useful as well.

A combined £50 quid to be able to play FFX HD on 3 devices at the same time is worth it. Now if only we didn't need to get FFX-2 with it! Would have cheaper and more worth it

B.K.

It's going to be nice to be able to play Final Fantasy X International without having to use Swap Magic and swapping discs every time I want to play it.

Ridley327

Square Enix Members ‏@SQEX_Members_NA 9m
Customers who received a Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD backorder email this morning should please disregard the message. It was sent in error.

I feel better now, but I'm still trusting them about as far as I can throw them.

So help me if there's a repeat for Drakengard 3.

ohlawd

Finally, people get to play one of the finest games in the entire franchise and it's prequel.
I hope so. I finished X and hated the shit out of it. I'm ready for X-2, never played it before and has Rikku in skimpy clothing. What can go wrong?

gonna be stalking the BST thread.

The_Monk

Nice OT fellow GAFfer, simple and clean. ;)

Okay, we all know March is going to be a busy month and I had to budget really hard, however I decided to pre-order this game for my PS Vita. It's been paid since January and I hope I can play it on the next Friday (hoping the mail to not delay my order).

However, I think I need some advice from my good and amazing GAFfers. I love these games but I always have trouble finishing them. In fact I have left some unfinished some RPG's with a lot of hours put into it, at which I stopped around the final Boss or near it (FF XIII-2, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, etc). So I would like to know what's the best strategy to level up and have fun. I'm not really looking for a challenge, just want to focus on the Story mostly, so with that in mind, what should be the best approach? Grind really hard at the start or that does not make sense? Any tips you could provide will be good, thanks in advance my good people!

Reveirg

I love these games but I always have trouble finishing them. In fact I have left some unfinished some RPG's with a lot of hours put into it, at which I stopped around the final Boss or near it (FF XIII-2, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, etc). So I would like to know what's the best strategy to level up and have fun. I'm not really looking for a challenge, just want to focus on the Story mostly, so with that in mind, what should be the best approach? Grind really hard at the start or that does not make sense? Any tips you could provide will be good, thanks in advance my good people!

My advice for FFX would be simply not to run from random encounters. It has a pretty natural difficulty curve if you simply fight your way through regular fights, upgrade your sphere grid normally and upgrade your weapons/aeons/etc. when each new system unlocks.

If there's any grinding needed, it'll be around the end once you unlock the omega dungeon, but even that is not quite necessary to complete the game.

Of course that stands for the regular game, I have no idea how the international version's (optional) expert grid factors into that.

Seik

Banned
Nice OT!

FFX is one of my favorite FFs. It came in a part of my life where I kinda needed it. I was young and my father just left the house to never come back, so I felt a bit connected to the Tidus/Jecht situation.

It'll be more than a pleasure to do it again!

Shinta

Banned
Nice OT!

FFX is one of my favorite FFs. It came in a part of my life where I kinda needed it. I was young and my father just left the house to never come back, so I felt a bit connected to the Tidus/Jecht situation.

It'll be more than a pleasure to do it again!

gfue8dw23keown7kbpyb.png

Levyne

Banned
Wakes is an interesting case.
His design and mannerisms are annoying, but he is a useful character. He's pious and superstitious and stubborn, which can be seen as undesirable traits, makes it hard to sympathize with him much. He's reluctant to push back against what he was taught, doesn't want to make ripples, as it were. He blames those sorts of actions for his brother's death to justify his position. Having a playable party member like that coming around to slowly accept what needed to be done was an interesting enough dynamic, even if the result was a character that few people care for.

(general character spoilers, just in case)

Shahed

I can't stand Wakka. Little irks me more than religious fanaticism and Wakka's constant Yevon devotion made it impossible for me like him. Yeah it's necessary to give the player an idea of how the world works in order to deliver meaningful impact for future revelations. But the byproduct of it all just makes me hate him, something which is very rare for me in anything, let alone games and other entertainment mediums

I never knew Wakka was so disliked until this thread. He's alright, I thought. Kind of annoying in his views, but he comes around eventually. I just imagine him as Bender when I play the game. :p

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Square Enix Members ‏@SQEX_Members_NA 9m
Customers who received a Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD backorder email this morning should please disregard the message. It was sent in error.
THANK GOD.

I came home late from a party and i was actually awake at 5:30 am when that dreaded message came in.

Picture me screaming like Kirk in Wrath of Khan: "DIGITAL RIVEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!"

Kain

So, we europeans got the international version of X for the PS2, right? There is nothing new in terms of content for us (dark aeons, alternative sphere grid...), or am I mistaken?

RPGCrazied

I never knew Wakka was so disliked until this thread. He's alright, I thought. Kind of annoying in his views, but he comes around eventually. I just imagine him as Bender when I play the game. :p

Its just a shame though in order to get his reels, you have to play blitzball.

I can't stand Wakka. Little irks me more than religious fanaticism and Wakka's constant Yevon devotion made it impossible for me like him. Yeah it's necessary to give the player an idea of how the world works in order to deliver meaningful impact for future revelations. But the byproduct of it all just makes me hate him, something which is very rare for me in anything, let alone games and other entertainment mediums

I, too, only played half the game.

Shahed

So, we europeans got the international version of X for the PS2, right? There is nothing new in terms of content for us (dark aeons, alternative sphere grid...), or am I mistaken?
We get an all new special 60Hz mode!

Its just a shame though in order to get his reels, you have to play blitzball.
Blitzball can be cheesed easy enough if you recruit the right people early on. Even more so if you wait till later in the game. A certain midfielder breaks the game.

And instead of playing several tournaments and leagues, you can keep resetting the mode until you get the prizes you want.

Top Bottom