• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster has been delayed to 2014 according to SE reps @ PAX

Amon37

castlevania lightning returns and now this. I swear if this also comes out in February my wallet will be destroyed

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster has been delayed to 2014

7069.gif

Roto13

So I guess there are still people who think doing an HD remaster is as easy as flipping the HD switch?

A lot of work goes into them. Especially this one.

Please understand. I guess hd masters of towns really are that hard, or squeenix is trying to figure out how to squeeze lightning into x/x2.

MechaX

2 and 1/2 years worth?

Really?

HD Remasters are hard man.

It's not like there's a danger of KH 1.5 being completed in a shorter timeframe depending on when this is released, even despite how there was a year where KH 1.5 was the project of like two programmers

Rpgmonkey

Kinda saw it coming.

Not the first time their progress derailed or moved very slowly with one of their projects and it's probably not the last. Oh well.

MrDenny

So I guess there are still people who think doing an HD remaster is as easy as flipping the HD switch?

A lot of work goes into them. Especially this one.
It shouldn't take them longer to remaster the game than creating it originally from scratch.

HeelPower

HD ports are hard?

God Of War Collection took 15 weeks to port with no issues.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...s-god-of-war-collection/1?csp=34#.UiP8LjZwqSo

its not that its hard...SE never cared much about this project to begin with...We had long periods of silence about this one...the first we ever heard of this game was in that vita event in feb 2013...about 1.5 years after announcement( I believe the game was first announced in sept 2011).And all they showed was this

Valnen

its not that its hard...SE never cared much about this project to begin with...We had long periods of silence about this one...the first we ever heard of this game was in that vita event in feb 2013...about 1.5 years after announcement( I believe the game was first announced in sept 2011).And all they showed was this
If they didn't care they wouldn't have put so much effort into it and we would have gotten a basic port. To say they don't care about this project is silly at best.

If they are not going to update the lip animation, they need to keep the dialog the same so the lips match. The lips matched the English voice acting the first time...

HeelPower

If they didn't care they wouldn't have put so much effort into it and we would have gotten a basic port. To say they don't care about this project is silly at best.

it was never a priority and it clearly shows...Sure they are updating the character models and I am grateful for that...but at least do it in a fairly timely manner...or just go all out and remake it completely..Then I'd be prepared to wait 8 years.

Meier

Why even release it? What's the market for it at that point? So many people will have traded in their old systems as credit by then.

jackdoe

Wow. If it really is delayed then S-E's barebones fall line-up becomes even thinner. What are they even releasing in the west this fall? KH 1.5 and what else?

See but I thought SE had gotten their act together and everything they were making was actually on schedule and hahaha oh man I can't even finish this sentence.

This company, man.

Top Bottom