• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster has been delayed to 2014 according to SE reps @ PAX

ampere

Why not just move this to PS4 altogether...

For real.

I'm bummed about this, but at the same time it was looking likely they'd get delayed. I hope there's a PS4 version in the works, that way I'd be able to play it on my Vita too without buying two versions :p

At least I'm getting my FF fix with XIV. Playing it a lot and surprised at how fun it is.

Erigu

Not convinced by some of the faces, textures and lighting so far, so I really don't mind a delay if they can use it to iron all that out.

They should have outsourced it to Hexadrive.
At this point, I think all HD ports should be outsourced to Hexadrive.

Squire

Banned
What has Hexadrive ported? I only know them from The 3rd Birthday. (And T3B is awful, of course, but I don't have anything against the studio.)

Aurizen

I've heard about the delay from private sources as well. It's going to happen, folks.

yeah, you've been saying that for a while now.. Guess its true.... that sucks :( any rumored release date in 2014? I think January..... or dare I say March :|

lets hope were lucky and they put more work into this game.... and release patches later

CLBridges

You know what? I'm ok with early 2014. Especially since FFXIV is turning out to be so good. Also, with GTAV coming in September and late fall with the PS4 and Xbone. Then, the WiiU end of year releases (Yes! I've decided to purchase one lol). There's so much to play in upcoming games it's ludicrous lol.

HeelPower

In Japan, yes. I expect holiday 2014 for japan, or Q1 2015. NA and EU will clearly be at least a full quarter later, so I don't expect to get a hands on impression until 2015 ):

tumblr_msamjcZh1J1r6dsjro1_500.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Can't say I'm surprised. Too bad I prepared the OT back in June. :p

Big-E

This is the perfect way for SE to cap off a generation. Can anyone name a publisher that has failed so hard for an entire generation like SE has? Delaying an already long in development HD remake is just a perfect way to cap off the ineptitude of SE.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Please God, no... No, no, no :( waking up to this shit...

Robbler

Banned
This is the perfect way for SE to cap off a generation. Can anyone name a publisher that has failed so hard for an entire generation like SE has? Delaying an already long in development HD remake is just a perfect way to cap off the ineptitude of SE.

FFXIV 1.0 pretty much sums up this gen for Square.

I feel 2.0 is the start of the next gen for them (because its really good).

RaijinFY

I agree, 3 years in development?

MilkBeard

It seems like they are taking way too long on this. SE needs to stop announcing games before they even start working on them.

Either that, or they just can't seem to have an efficient dev cycle anymore.

That's ok. Plenty of stuff to play this holiday season, and it's not like the game isn't already available to play already.

It does further underline Square's incompetence at more or less everything.

Disappointing news for sure. That being said, it's a good thing I'm not dying to play a game I beat over a decade ago.

They could delay it 2 more years and it wouldn't really change my hype or expectations for it.

This one hurts, but I'd rather them take the time to actually do the game right. At least 2014 should be pretty damn nice between this and Bravely Default.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I still don't want to believe these rumors :(

Roubjon

I'm not surprised at all really. I always thought it was really weird for them to release KH 1.5 and FFX HD close to one another. You'd think they would spread them out a decent chunk of time considering they will probably both sell relatively well.

Yoshichan

For how long did Kagari know about this? God, this is frustrating... 2013 was a shit year for gaming.

LuuKyK

Clearing the way to the much superior game, Lightning Returns. It will have all the spotlights now.

Wise decision imo.

Lucent

FUCK THIS...You were right Kagari...Its embarassing how this remaster is taking longer than the original development 15 years ago...Damn SE

I imagine FF15 is coming 2017 at the earliest at this point.

It's freak'n crazy how long it takes them to do stuff anymore. I guess they weren't exaggerating when they said it'd take them like 7 years to remake FFVII.

It's taking them so long to do this remaster. And FFXV got some more hope up during E3 but that was probably just to help people wait longer so they can work on it for another 3 years or something.

This remaster is gonna come out during the same month as Lighting Returns and Infamous Second Son. And...I dunno what else, but yeah it just doesn't look good. =/

Yoshichan

Clearing the way to the much superior game, Lightning Returns. It will have all the spotlights now.

Wise decision imo.
Thanks for giving me hope.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So in Q1 2014, we will have 3 SE games, namely FFX|X-2 HD, LR:FFXIII, and BD:FF?

IrishNinja

damn, if the lesser FF's take this long to remaster...maybe they were right about VII and their problems with towns

Seda

So in Q1 2014, we will have 3 SE games, namely FFX|X-2 HD, LR:FFXIII, and BD:FF?

Well, Bravely Default was developed by Silicon Studio and will be Nintendo published in the west so I'm not sure how much of an SE game it is.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
damn, if the lesser FF's take this long to remaster...maybe they were right about VII and their problems with towns

SE's management sucks. Flat out. Nothing else in all honesty. Despite ARR being a pretty good game, it has taken a severe toll on SE's ability to operate properly. Not that it would've operated properly to begin with anyway.

There are clearly some things they need to work on, so I'm okay with this. It's not likely to get another upgrade after this.

Well it would probably get murdered by other releases in holidays season so moving it to slower period of year might be better for the game (and our chances of FF XII HD)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
For Jan, Feb, and March? Give us time to play these games evenly damn it!

LR and Thief are confirmed for February and March respectively. My guess is that FFX will come out in February as well which is the dumbest thing SE can do at this point. Though in all honesty, this delay is the dumbest thing they could've done.

Top Bottom