• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster has been delayed to 2014 according to SE reps @ PAX

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Aww why ya gotta do this to me?? I was super looking forward to some new (to me) console rpg goodness this year.

ohlawd

Dammit. I was hoping to play this before I traded in my ps3 towards the ps4. Looks like beyond will be my last game for ps3. Unless Xillia 2 gets localized in 2014, then I might hang on to play this and Lightning returns.
Xillia 2 is confirmed to come stateside 2014.

Probably on the same day as LR or FFX/X-2. We might even get all 3 games on the same day!

jackdoe

Probably on the same day as LR or FFX/X-2. We might even get all 3 games on the same day!
I doubt it. Tales of Symphonia HD has a higher chance to launch on the same day than Xillia 2. Which is hilarious since this is an HD port of a JRPG with some added content that took less than two years to make.

FlipWilson

Neo Member
good shit square....taking longer to re-master the game than the actual making of the game...

probably pushed it back to so it can help mask what will be the semi-flop that will be FF XIII: LR

I guess that shoots the the 2014 FF XV out of the window...-_-

ohlawd

I doubt it. Tales of Symphonia HD has a higher chance to launch on the same day than Xillia 2. Which is hilarious since this is an HD port of a JRPG with some added content that took less than two years to make.
.... all 4 on the same day my god

Squire

Banned
Did they change some of the lines in the voice acting to where they will actually refer to Tidus by his name?

They call him by his name in the new epilogue (at least the girl in the preview clip does), but none of the original script/voice recording is being altered or re-recorded for either game.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if for the English voice work for Last Mission they switch out "him" for "Tidus". They may as well.

Aurizen

I just found this on zavvi...

bEC0c1C.png

well TGS is our only hope... maybe we might get a response from SE by then..

Reveirg

To be fair though, X/X-2 is seemingly getting a much, much better treatment than Tales of Symphonia.

Biker19

Banned
Ugh. They better make sure to do some extra work on the graphics for this delay (like Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX style).

To be fair though, X/X-2 is seemingly getting a much, much better treatment than Tales of Symphonia.

What do you mean by that?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm okay with this. I don't have the time to play it at all this fall.

Seda

Tales of Symphonia seems to be literally an upres + trophies where FFX and KH got either some gameplay/UI tweaks or visual upgrade outside of resolution.

However, if ToS contains the PS2 additions with a 60fps battle system than it could be considered worthwhile. Of course Kingdom Hearts and FFX|X-2 are getting similar content upgrades for the west so it's not unique to ToS.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Tales of Symphonia seems to be literally an upres + trophies where FFX and KH got either some gameplay/UI tweaks or visual upgrade outside of resolution.

However, if ToS contains the PS2 additions with a 60fps battle system than it could be considered worthwhile. Of course Kingdom Hearts and FFX|X-2 are getting similar content upgrades for the west so it's not unique to ToS.

I just wanna collect all the pokemons in ToS2! lol.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

To be quite frank, I think Tales of Symphonia is more of a catch than FFX|X-2 and KH HD collection because Tales of Symphonia (+ DotN) never appeared in English for the PlayStation 2 system and the PS2 was the JRPG system. Sure Symphonia sold a lot in the West but I think the late adapters of Tales (like me) missed this out.

Although there's no denying that FFX is a better game IMO.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Lies, FFXII was objectively the better game, with me being objective deciding it is. =P

No it's not.

Japan's reception and sales are basically proof. :p

Mengetsu

I mean I can understand why it's being delayed but I'm not too worried about it right now because we have next gen coming and I guess we can just live with that for the time being. I just don't want this to close Dark Souls 2 release then I would be really sad..

S-E must be (still) having a hard time with HD gaming, similar to what Nintendo is now showing.

This is compared to last gen btw when the titles were much more frequent (and used different art assets).

Maybe S-E needs more Western-style management? I mean LR is going Open World now so they are obviously chasing a trend.

SirNinja

Psssst!
Hey S-E, announce a Steam version and I'll double dip!

The real reason for the delay, right here. Calling it now.

Just kidding, that's way too awesome to ever exist.
Playing it 1080p on PCSX2 is a close second though!

cafemomo

dang, I haven't even opened up xillia 1 and they are comming out with a new one?

If Japan gets X HD earlier I might consider importing it like with LR.

damn square eating my money

The real reason for the delay, right here. Calling it now.

Just kidding, that's way too awesome to ever exist.
Playing it 1080p on PCSX2 is a close second though!

God, imagine FFXV on a good PC... and not a crappy port either. Really supported.

Steam Big Picture in my living room all day.

Japan only maybe?

PS: Scans are a no no except the cover. I don't think famitsu is excluded from that even though it is in Japanese.

Bladenic

Remove that STAT.

Anyway

Their faces look WAY better in those screens than they do in everything we've seen from FFX. FFX-2 getting the superior treatment? :p

Ugh. They better make sure to do some extra work on the graphics for this delay (like Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX style).

Extra work on fixing up the facial expressions would be great, but I'd much rather they add a few new things to the game (maybe a couple of new weapon/armor abilities or something, or tweak some of the Celestial Weapons so that Rikku's isn't shitty, for example).

Obviously new game+ would blow my mind and wouldn't be too difficult to implement, but I don't expect to see it.

Top Bottom