• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

This is nice, now Im brought back to memories of the FFXIII OT back in the day. Though shame we have to wait so long in the US.

Though why no love for Hope or Noel in the OP (lovely design of the first post though)

Lingitiz

Invidious didn't get banned for that OT did he?

Nice OT btw. Looking forward to this, and hoping the story as a whole is much better than 13.

Stylish OT!

Looking forward to impressions. I'm so ready for this game. Thank god the wait for the NA release is bearable.

I wonder if the NA release will be region locked like FF13 was. It really bites. Most square enix 360 games aren't; I know Last Remnant wasn't, and i'm hoping this isn't either.

Yes summons are returning.

Yesss!

is there a list of all the ingame preorder bonuses? (for NA)
they really killed any excitement i have left for this game :/

listing the preorder bonuses would take up half the page

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
is there a list of all the ingame preorder bonuses? (for NA)
they really killed any excitement i have left for this game :/

Amazon - Omega boss battle.
Best Buy - Episode i book.
GameStop - Serah costume and weapon.

Aeana

I won't be importing since the NA date is so close and I'll be able to get it for like 1/4 the price. Plus Troy Baker. So I'll probably just slip out of here now to avoid seeing more than I've already seen.

Joei

Nice OP. I'm cautiously optimistic, though a little more interested after reading your preview. If they really took into consideration many of the complaints from the first game, then hopefully this will be a much better game. Any ideas on the full length of the game?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nice OP. I'm cautiously optimistic, though a little more interested after reading your preview. If they really took into consideration many of the complaints from the first game, then hopefully this will be a much better game. Any ideas on the full length of the game?

You can beat the story in 30-40 hours.

zlatko

Banned
Game is shaping up much better than I expected.

As someone who actually enjoyed FF13 I'll be picking this up January if I can. :)

jiggle

SMH@less FMV
the one thing left that they are still great at
wtf

ugh
these actually have the opposite effect of making me want to wait for price drop

Izayoi

Banned
Serah is the main character? Why the fuck would they take Lightning, arguably the only good thing about the original, and get rid of her?

I don't understand.

Admit it, it makes you want to buy the game from all three places.

Actually, the presence of preorder-based DLC makes me want to wait.

I'll buy the game at launch if it isn't region locked (the NA version), and i'm getting the limited version too. If it is, i'll wait until the inevitable budget version w/ dlc included before I bother dusting off my other xbox.

Why does it matter if it's region locked?

Why would you region lock a game released in the West? Square Enix is practically the only company that does it. Star Ocean 4/FF13 being big-name offenders. Dark Souls isn't region locked, nor is last remnant or tales of vesparia. I'd also like to note that ff11 isn't region locked, nor is virtually any FPS. I just don't see the point in them continuing to invest in anti-consumer practices such as region-locking a game, especially one released in the west. I can play my entire library of 360 games on my 360---except Star Ocean 4/ Final Fantasy 13, all because of region-locking. I don't understand why Square does it, when they're the only company that does it.

Also, if you have a PS3, that version in all regions is region free.

Zzzzt. Curses, you have me there. Before I consider jumping to ps3 i'll wait until closer to release to see if the reviewers mention the 360's optional install and if it helps the loading times at all.

Paches

Serah is the main character? Why the fuck would they take Lightning, arguably the only good thing about the original, and get rid of her?

I don't understand.

They didn't get rid of her at all. There are some parts of the game where you control her directly.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Actually, the presence of preorder-based DLC makes me want to wait.

I'll buy the game at launch if it isn't region locked (the NA version), and i'm getting the limited version too. If it is, i'll wait until the inevitable budget version w/ dlc included before I bother dusting off my other xbox.

Why does it matter if it's region locked?

Also, if you have a PS3, that version in all regions is region free.

Paches

Mog Clock sounds pretty awesome. I always thought getting randomly thrown in to ambush/preemptive was a little dumb and there is a way to alleviate that.

Yes, the very beginning.
Oh, is that the only place where all the footage is coming from? I just assumed there was more than that battle they showed off, shoot.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Mog Clock sounds pretty awesome. I always thought getting randomly thrown in to ambush/preemptive was a little dumb and there is a way to alleviate that.

Oh, is that the only place where all the footage is coming from? I just assumed there was more than that battle they showed off, shoot.

The game begins with you playing as Lightning, on rails. After the prologue it switches to Serah/Noel from there on out.

Izayoi

Banned
What a joke.

They didn't get rid of her at all. There are some parts of the game where you control her directly.
For how long?

Is Serah less obnoxious than she was in the first? I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to suffer through the game with her as the main fucking character, of all people.

Edit:

The game begins with you playing as Lightning, on rails. After the prologue it switches to Serah/Noel from there on out.
:(

Oh joy, no Lightning for pretty much the entire game?

It's like Christmas came three weeks early.

To be fair, it's sounding like Lightning will be the guest character for the final act, ala Riku in KH2.

I'm still crossing my fingers for the ability to save-edit Snow into my game wherever, like ff13.

Any estimations on how long it is? The 1 disc on 360 kind of has me suspicious it's really short.

It's not as long as ff13, but it's replayable due to multiple endings. So i'm guessing if you try to get all the endings it'll be just as long.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
OT looks great on my PS3 browser.

Derrick01

Banned
Wow a lot of changes it looks like, I haven't followed this at all but I think I may end up getting it in february.

Any estimations on how long it is? The 1 disc on 360 kind of has me suspicious it's really short.

burgerdog

Oh snap, looking forward to what the importers think of it. Getting the domestic release either way, but it'll be good to know whether it's good or bad before I get it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wow a lot of changes it looks like, I haven't followed this at all but I think I may end up getting it in february.

You can beat the story in 30-40 hours.

Nice OP, got me a little hyped for the game. (Although my plan is to get the game day one, then shelve it until I finish XIII....which is... whenever; or if GAF gushes for this)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Most of the reasons why FFXIII was on 3 discs was because of the FMV. The reason why this is 1 disc is because they did away with the FMV and made almost all of the cutscenes in-engine.

Top Bottom