• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
30-40 hours? HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derrick01

Banned
You can beat the story in 30-40 hours.

Ok that seems reasonable. Add in all the extra stuff and it seems about normal for a FF.

Most of the reasons why FFXIII was on 3 discs was because of the FMV. The reason why this is 1 disc is because they did away with the FMV and made almost all of the cutscenes in-engine.

Ah I see SE's finally seen the light in that regard. Better late than never lol.

I guess I'll be preordering from Amazon for the boss. I had gamestop credit but ohhhh welll.

Paches

Really though, how good is it? I got halfway through FF13, and apparently quit right before it got good, I never made it to Pulse.

There is your issue. I mean if you didn't like it enough to continue then don't play it by all means, but once you get to Pulse that is when it becomes a more traditional FF in that you can begin doing lots of side mission stuff and get crazy weapons.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Really though, how good is it? I got halfway through FF13, and apparently quit right before it got good, I never made it to Pulse.

I didn't bother watching it, lol.
I wanted to play the game since there was a time limit...

Ok that seems reasonable. Add in all the extra stuff and it seems about normal for a FF.

Ah I see SE's finally seen the light in that regard. Better late than never lol.

I guess I'll be preordering from Amazon for the boss. I had gamestop credit but ohhhh welll.

There's still CG scenes. They looked just as sharp as they did on FFXIII PS3, so you can look forward to those.

A Final Fantasy game that takes over 30 hours? NO WAI!!!! :p

Seriously, people are shocked? 30-40 hours is about par for the course. Sometimes it's even shorter. I think FFX is possible at around 20 hours.

Oh, and apparently FFIX is doable in, wasn't it 12 hours to get that sword or something?

I'll be grabbing this day one, so I'll be sure to chime in with my thoughts once I get a few hours in.

Awesome OT by the way. Really pro stuff.

jackdoe

I think this game is screaming for me to get it a couple months after launch. That way, I get the game for cheaper AND there will be a rather nice selection of DLC costumes to replace the shit default costumes that the characters have.

There is your issue. I mean if you didn't like it enough to continue then don't play it by all means, but once you get to Pulse that is when it becomes a more traditional FF in that you can begin doing lots of side mission stuff and get crazy weapons.

Can you blame me though? I played for 34 hours, more than twice as long as most games, and people were still telling me that I just had a little while to go before the good part. I couldn't handle it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No avatars Kagari? :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm playing Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 and WoW at the same time... and I still can't make time pass quick enough! I NEED THIS GAME!!!

Paches

Can you blame me though? I played for 34 hours, more than twice as long as most games, and people were still telling me that I just had a little while to go before the good part. I couldn't handle it.

34 hours seems a bit excessive, but if that is how long it took you then I guess I can't blame you. Most people claim it takes them somewhere around 20 hours for what it's worth.

Can't believe two years has passed already and we are getting FFXIII-2 in few days / weeks only.... Veeeeery excited and I know this will be a huge blast for me :D

SOLDIER

I can't wait to read everyone calling this the best Final Fantasy ever, then wait four weeks later when they call it the worst Final Fantasy ever.

Yoshichan

Can't wait for your eventual "guys, this game really isn't that great" posts.

Stop hyping yourself up so much.
Wait, you do realize I'm one of those few (7-8?) people on GAF that absolutely loved FFXIII, right? Why the fuck would I not be hyped to death when it seems to improve upon almost everything from XIII?

MooMoo

The thread title should totally be Final Fantasy XIII-2 |OT| Yoshichan will be disappointed. :p

Anyways, thread subscribed and the work done on the OT is freaking awesome!

Wait, you do realize I'm the only one with a few 5-6 other people on NeoGAF that absolutely loved FFXIII, right? Why the fuck would I not be hyped to death, it seems to improve upon almost everything.

I didn't love it but I enjoyed it, and I just remember your Dark Souls posts really well :p

Mik2121

I like the colors on the OP, but the fact that all the text is on images, renders it impossible to search using Ctrl+F :/

Also, it breaks when watching on an iPhone :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So Serah and Noel are the only characters you have in your party for most of the game? No other party members? At all?

Other characters like Snow appear as temporary guests that you can't control or upgrade... similar to Larsa in FFXII.

Main party is Noel/Serah/Monster Ally.

I like the colors on the OP, but the fact that all the text is on images, renders it impossible to search using Ctrl+F :/

I will be linking a text only version.

Yoshichan

I didn't love it but I enjoyed it, and I just remember your Dark Souls posts really well :p
Yes, Dark Souls was a huge disappointment and that had nothing to do with expectations (later parts of the game was simply put 3/10, and that couldn't be changed with lowered hype of the game). And this has nothing to do with this thread, so mind your own business :)

I'm unbelievably hyped for this game. Waiting for another month and a half sucks, but it's a very fast turn around compared to the past, so there's that. It still feels weird that the game is almost out, honestly.

Reveirg

Great OT! Can't wait for importers' impressions of the game.

Listened to the new OST samples, I'm really happy they dropped the "lalala" from Yeul's Theme for a new lyrics track. The singer was really off-key on the original... voice is great on the new.

I really enjoyed the first one. I was actually kind of glad it wasnt a FF12 life encompassing RPG where i finally have to force myself to beat it at the 90 hour mark or risk getting tired of it and never beating it at all.

It was a streamlined, polished, roller coaster which is exactly what i needed after so many wrpg with 'choices'

Seda

Please let Caius be a better villain than those in FFXIII. That was my biggest gripe with the first game.

Rpgmonkey

Can't wait for this. It's much closer than the actual FFXIII is at being what I expected FFXIII, and my first Final Fantasy experience on new hardware to be like.

I've unintentionally passed over a lot of spoilers and info, so I'm just going to keep it that way and save some surprises.

Top Bottom