• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So it still has 1080p upscale? Sweet.

Yeah, and LPCM audio.

ps3.jpg

You can make it out here.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No backcover details yet for the 360?

BTW, how big is the game on the PS3 and 360?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Awesome OT, clean and stylish!
Let's hope the game will rock too.

Andriasang linked this thread :?

And jeez OT reminds me of Windows 8 images ehhh, dw bro your Type-0 thread was still amazing. <3

Anyways, any word If we might see Jihl Nabaat anywhere in the game?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
God Noel's swords look ridiculous... as is Serah's costume.

But I suppose it's not Final Fantasy without ridiculous weapons and costumes.

Kay sent.

Oh and I knew that, but If there is anything more to her in the next game (With the time travel thing). She can't be swept under the rug and forgotten for good now can she? ;_;

Perfo

Kay sent.

Oh and I knew that, but If there is anything more to her in the next game (With the time travel thing). She can't be swept under the rug and forgotten for good now can she? ;_;

Keep in mind anyway that the Invisible World (/Valhalla) is a sort of after-world, so it could be that some previous characters make an appearance in there as dead souls.

Keep in mind anyway that the Invisible Door (/Valhalla) is a sort of after-world, so it could be that some previous characters make an appearance in there as dead souls.

are you actually giving him hope?! While there's nothing wrong with that and I applaud you for for doing so but I don't mean to sound like an ass but I'd say expect the worst if I were him.

/pessimism.

Perfo

are you actually giving him hope?! While there's nothing wrong with that and I applaud you for for doing so but I don't mean to sound like an ass but I'd say expect the worst if I were him.

/pessimism.

I don't see reasons to put Jihl back anyway, unless they want to recycle her model to make this time a real use of her. Still, she wasn't an important character and I doubt she's going to be one in here now. I'm just telling to everyone that, being the Valhalla the place where deads go, some surprise could be hiding in there :D

/pessimism.

Hope looking to try and see If he can get his mom back gave a few ideas. :p

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Even though i'm not really interested in the game, I just wanted to drop in and complement that OP. It's pretty amazing, seriously.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Serah's weapon you get from gamestop is only included with your order if you are a powerup member. The DLC Costume is the only thing you get by just ordering it from gamestop. Amazon looks to be the way to go with this game.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I guess I'll be playing this game... (because my boyfriend is getting it and we'll be playing it together.)

It's weird, I actually enjoyed the first game but I haven't really been hyped for this one at all (probably because Noel and Serah as the main characters just... doesn't do anything for me. I didn't hate Serah but I didn't love her either. She wasn't exactly a strong presence. And Noel... I'm not getting into that.)

But well, I'll see how it goes.

louis89

I never actually finished XIII (stopped after I reached Cocoon), but I'm thinking of picking this up next week as I've lost the will to go outside with how cold it's been here lately. I just have one question.

Did they fix the linearity?

Tizoc

A Final Fantasy game that takes over 30 hours? NO WAI!!!! :p

Seriously, people are shocked? 30-40 hours is about par for the course. Sometimes it's even shorter. I think FFX is possible at around 20 hours.

Oh, and apparently FFIX is doable in, wasn't it 12 hours to get that sword or something?

FF9 is beatable in 12 hours but that isn't an easy thing to do I believe.

Man after seeing this thread I went and started my 3rd FF13 playthrough lol.
As I thought: the prologue up until you get Paradigms is an hour long if you skip cutscenes and some battles.

Cheska

Don't think it's been mentioned yet but the newest episode of Qore is based around FFXIII-2. If you're a PS+ member it's free :) It basically gives you some insight on the game and interviews with Kitase and Toriyama. Pretty interesting so far.

Not sure who's doing it in the US, but in Canada if you pre-order from Future Shop's web site they include a separate steel book (whether it's actually nicer than the CE digipack, well...)

Description: http://www.futureshop.ca/Marketing/Promotions/PromotionPopup.aspx?Id=4579
Pic: http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/Products/500x500/101/10186/10186335.jpg

I had a $10 off promo code for FS so I just pre-ordered the CE from FS. I can probably buy the rest of the pre-order DLC for less than $10 anyway so I think it's the best deal for me. Plus I get the steel book :)

I never actually finished XIII (stopped after I reached Cocoon), but I'm thinking of picking this up next week as I've lost the will to go outside with how cold it's been here lately. I just have one question.

Did they fix the linearity?

Yep. In 2 months, people will be complaining that it's too open.

Even though i'm not really interested in the game, I just wanted to drop in and complement that OP. It's pretty amazing, seriously.

You changed your name again?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yep. In 2 months, people will be complaining that it's too open.

Lol. That's certainly possible.

The last direct FF sequel, FFX-2, was very open too.... in a way that was both really good, and also kind of irksome, if you're attracted to the traditional one-way narrative of an FF game.

Luthos

Sweet OT.

I'm not sure if I'll get this one right away, but I will eventually. I actually quite liked FFXIII. It had it's problems, sure. But I beat it twice, and got the plat, so that shows that I enjoyed it.

Ricker

Great OT,I can't wait for this game,getting the NA version and it looks awesome...JRPG's are still one of my favorite genres and considering how little we are getting on the HD consoles these days,this will be sweet.

This game is gonna be very good. I think they git it right this time.

Also I was hoping for a more interesting title like:

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Finally some Hope inside on a Lightning of quality.

neoism

A Final Fantasy game that takes over 30 hours? NO WAI!!!! :p

Seriously, people are shocked? 30-40 hours is about par for the course. Sometimes it's even shorter. I think FFX is possible at around 20 hours.

Oh, and apparently FFIX is doable in, wasn't it 12 hours to get that sword or something?

wtf why does people run through their games.... 20 hours lol

FFX-2 is beatable in like 20 hours, or even less, although you might to try and reach the ending in 10 hours so the suffering ends sooner.

Of course that excluded all side-quests, I assume something similar happens in this case.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
100%-ing FFX-2 takes a long, long, time.

There were a lot of alternate paths/scenes and sidequests, some of which were very easy to miss completely if you weren't playing with a FAQ.

One of the reasons I've been optimistic about XIII-2 from the start is that in retrospect X-2 was one of the most enjoyable games in the entire franchise from an extra content standpoint. The main storyline was certainly not the best part of the package.

TheExodu5

Banned
I guess I should be pre-orderding the Collector's Edition for it. It was pretty nice, IIRC.

edit: CE and Hardcover guide pre-ordered.

anddo0

Nice OP! Very hyped for this title.

That's still a decent chunk of time. FFXIII took me 39 hours or so to beat.

Yeah. 30-40 is a decent length.

It took me much longer to beat FFXIII. I was done at around 80, and it took 120 to platinum.

Did you do any of the optional stuff, or just straight story?

george_us

Yeah. 30-40 is a decent length.

It took me much longer to beat FFXIII. I was done at around 80, and it took 120 to platinum.

Did you do any of the optional stuff, or just straight story?
Did a handful of the optional stuff but said "fuck it" after five missions in or so. There really wasn't any point since you couldn't really use any of the stuff until after you beat the main story.

Wish this was coming out in the US in December. Would of made a nice Christmas present.

Kikujiro

Really nice OT, I still don't know if I should buy the PS3 or not (would be my first PS3, since I'm playing on a borrowed one). It's like 550€, 300€ more than the price of a normal PS3. It feels like wasting money just because.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
100%-ing FFX-2 takes a long, long, time.

There were a lot of alternate paths/scenes and sidequests, some of which were very easy to miss completely if you weren't playing with a FAQ.

Well I got the perfect ending in that game. The bigger problem was, if you skipped a cutscene, you were pretty much screwed from getting a 100% completion.

Top Bottom