• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

H3xum

Is Omega a US only preorder bonus?

What's his story supposed to be, is he end-game like he has been in the past where you won't consider fighting him until later or is he supposed to be somewhat accessible to capture and have fight along side of you early and throughout the game

RPGCrazied

So anyone canceling the CE version due to the ost?

Is it really that bad?

No. One heavy metal song won't kill it for me. There are many others I like. Plus you are saving $$$$ by buying the CE, and not the game and soundtrack together. Plus the sweet box and artbook.

DarkChild

Banned
Good to see 360 version is getting some love with trailers. Seems like they put more work this time around, looks marvelous. And yea, just listening to some tracks from OST. My GOD ITS GOOD! I just want to dive in and get lost in this game :O

PK Gaming

0_0

Has anyone been watching the stream?!?

MASSIVE SPOILERS, I'M DEAD SERIOUS DON'T HIGHLIGHT THIS TEXT IF YOU'RE MIDLY CURIOUS. Back away while you still can.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

I just saw Lightning get killed by Caius, Yeul dies(Caius ended up spitting on her corpse) and Hope dies via robots. Obviously there will be some way to rectify this with time shenanigans but still... nice going SE, its always fun to see them try different things.

Heavy stuff.

0_0

MASSIVE SPOILERS, I'M DEAD SERIOUS DON'T HIGHLIGHT THIS TEXT IF YOU'RE MIDLY CURIOUS.
I just saw Lightning get killed by Caius, Yeul die(Caius ended up spitting on her corpse) and Hope die via robots. Obviously there will be some way to rectify this with time shenanigans but still... nice going SE, its always fun to see them try different things.

Heavy stuff.

holy shit

DarkChild

Banned
Junior junior...you never highlight that kind of stuff mate. Thats...thats, more than a spoiler. Fucking GAF OCD. Whenever people put spoiler tags i highlight them.

anaron

0_0

MASSIVE SPOILERS, I'M DEAD SERIOUS DON'T HIGHLIGHT THIS TEXT IF YOU'RE MIDLY CURIOUS. Back away while you still can.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

I just saw Lightning get killed by Caius, Yeul die(Caius ended up spitting on her corpse) and Hope dies via robots. Obviously there will be some way to rectify this with time shenanigans but still... nice going SE, its always fun to see them try different things.

Heavy stuff.

Hahahahaha the gifs of this will be wonderful

Dunan

Pretty useful!

And right at the top of the page, I like this: Price: ¥ 5,950

I just up-voted this guy, whose review was very informative:

フラゲで10時間ほどプレイした感想です。

んん~ん…微妙な感じですね。

13が酷すぎたので、それに比べれば良くなっているのは当たり前ですしね。

発売前には、一本道ではないということで楽しみにしてましたが、先に進んでも枝分かれしてるだけで、結局、もどることになると思います。マップ上に、通行禁止や指示を表すマークもありますし、進む先は限られます。
(親切心なのか?いらないと思います。)

それと、今作から導入のブラッドダメージですが…ほとんど気になりませんね。ふつうにケアルで回復してると思うんですけど。

まあ、ルシやパージなどのあやしい言葉はなくなったので良いとは思いますが、過去と未来を行ったり来たりするので、話はわかりづらいです。

ちなみに、サッズの話題がいまだにありません。(息子のアフロの方が画面に出てましたねw)

これからのゲーム進行に期待をしたいので、☆☆☆とさせてもらいます。

これから買う人は、中古で買うのが良いかもですww

Got the game early and have been playing it for about 10 hours; let me post some thoughts.

Hmmm.. not too sure about this one. XIII was beyond awful, so it goes without saying that this game is an improvement.

Before it went on sale, they said that this game wasn't going to be linear, so I was looking forward to it, but in fact your progression is just branching paths, and then you go back to where you were. On the map, there are still places where you aren't allowed to go, and markers telling you where you are supposed to go. You're still limited. (Is this stuff supposed to be out of kindness? I don't need it.)

They also introduced blood damage. I don't like it; just let us use Cure like we always have.

They got rid of the crazy vocabulary like l'Cie and the Purge, which is good, but still, you're going into the past and the future and it can get hard to understand.

And there are no stories involving Sazh. (His son's afro made an appearance on the screen, though. ^^;)

I'm looking forward to the rest of the game, so I give it three stars. If you're thinking of buying it, it might be a good idea to grab it used. ^^;

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
He is just at the start though, the level design could get more complicated later on. Still, I don't know how he was expecting a Final Fantasy to NOT be linear. Of course you have places you have to visit to advance and the world is not freeroam. This is not Skyrim. Still, there's no anymore only a single corridor to follow, and that's already apparent from the walkthroughs published online in these last days.

Dunan

how the hell is that informative ? :\

Amazon's price, or the guy's review?

The price is a good Y1300 below the list price, which is good to know if you're thinking of buying the game, and the guy's review happened to be a good one that I spotted right away.

xxczx

He is just at the start though, the level design could get more complicated later on. Still, I don't know how he was expecting a Final Fantasy to NOT be linear. Of course you have places you have to visit to advance and the world is not freeroam. This is not Skyrim. Still, there's no anymore only a single corridor to follow, and that's already apparent from the walkthroughs published online in these last days.
It seems to me from watching streams the whole game is just going to be like Gran Pulse area on XIII.
Sure you can go to different places but do you really want to?

I don't care about it being linear anyway, I enjoyed FFXIII.

Shadow780

The word linear that the gaming community has assigned with negative connotation is stupid anyway. Not every game has to be do what you like.

FFXIII's structure is fine being linear, it's the pacing, story, and characters that are weak.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
it's the pacing, story, and characters that are weak.

That's not exactly why people criticized it. It's ok for a game to be linear, Mass Effect 2 is just as linear as Final Fantasy XIII infact, but you have to put some content in there and not let me battle for 60hrs without pauses.

I loved XIII just for the reasons you didn't though :D

Zzoram

FFXIII's linearity was fine really. I was more annoyed by how I had to use shitty characters for most of the game without the option to change them out.

Vanille and Hope are SO bad and represent everything wrong about JRPG characters and dialogue. I hope there is less of that shit in FFXIII-2 because I'm strongly considering getting it since I did beat FFXIII and enjoyed it even though I only ended up getting like 55% of the trophies (because they're the stupid Japanese kind that involve 100 hours of grinding for a rare drop in a single player game).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
FFXIII's linearity was fine really. I was more annoyed by how I had to use shitty characters for most of the game without the option to change them out.

Vanille and Hope are SO bad and represent everything wrong about JRPG characters and dialogue. I hope there is less of that shit in FFXIII-2 because I'm strongly considering getting it since I did beat FFXIII and enjoyed it even though I only ended up getting like 55% of the trophies (because they're the stupid Japanese kind that involve 100 hours of grinding for a rare drop in a single player game).

The developers forcing us to experience the game a certain way in a very restrictive manner also annoyed me more than the straightline map. Honestly, every map to me a straightline in some way shape or form. It's just trying to disguise it.

Zzoram

Just once I want to be able to play a new Final Fantasy JRPG in front of people and NOT be horribly embarrassed by tons of moaning, groaning and whining followed by a really terrible monologue.

Ryuukan

Just once I want to be able to play a new Final Fantasy JRPG in front of people and NOT be horribly embarrassed by tons of moaning, groaning and whining followed by a really terrible monologue.

Maybe you should ask your friends what games you're allowed to play. I bet they can tell you what clothes to wear too.

luca1980

Banned

Than hope for ff xv with itou......the toryiama's touch is scary i know.

Zzoram

Maybe you should ask your friends what games you're allowed to play. I bet they can tell you what clothes to wear too.

Not my friends. My family.

You don't find the dialogue in Final Fantasy to be embarrassing? Vanille will spend several minutes just moaning as she bends around awkwardly.

Never be ashamed of your gaming.
Never.

I've played Hyperdimension Neptunia in front of others and not given a fuck.

Phenomic

You don't find the dialogue in Final Fantasy to be embarrassing? Vanille will spend several minutes just moaning as she bends around awkwardly.

You could just not care what they think about what you enjoy. Why does it matter what they think anyway if you're enjoying it?

Cheska

Omfg, I wasn't even thinking and started to quote PK's post to say how tempting that spoiler was. What I forgot is that you still see the spoiler when you quote. FUCK! I only saw the first part but it's major and bad and now I feel dumb for forgetting :/

Guys, if you at all care about the game and the story, DON'T highlight or quote, seriously :(

test_account

XP-39C²
Amazon's price, or the guy's review?

The price is a good Y1300 below the list price, which is good to know if you're thinking of buying the game, and the guy's review happened to be a good one that I spotted right away.
It is not Amazon who is selling it at that price though.

"Ships from and sold by 【パピ通】パピルスWebショップ"

But i will not be surprised if the price on new copies come down relatively fast from Amazon themself.

Shadow780

0MmxY.gif

chris-013

Caius seems like a very interesting villain...
So it's already better than XIII. ^^

Edit : Oh shit he's voiced by Liam O'Brien, I'm sold !

Top Bottom