• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gestahl

h3ro said:
By posting vagina jokes. Awesome.

It was an observation. It's just disturbingly close for what I assume to be an innocent faceplate.

I thought you get member status just after a few months?

It's 300 posts and a few months now. Personally, I think the 300 posts thing just encourages mindless posting, but eh.

fernoca

People...
FOCUS ON FINAL FANTASY XIII

People getting this in Toronto, there were rumors about posters being given out..any truth?

Cloudy

Banned
Square Triangle said:
I myself am awaiting for the PS3 version however..

eb1utu.jpg

I'll never use it though, I hate custom faceplates so much

Where did you get that?

Dresden

Gestahl said:
It was an observation. It's just disturbingly close for what I assume to be an innocent faceplate.

It's 300 posts and a few months now. Personally, I think the 300 posts thing just encourages mindless posting, but eh.
I for one applaud your insightful... oh, the hole is close to her vagina. Mind blowing. Wow. Your powers of observation are extraordinary indeed.

Gestahl

Dresden said:
I for one applaud your insightful... oh, the hole is close to her vagina. Mind blowing. Wow. Your powers of observation are extraordinary indeed.

I never claimed it was a revelatory observation, but seeing as how you have a Homer Simpson avatar, I think I know where any sort of communications will go.

On the topic of FFXIII, I've heard a lot of things. Bad things, mostly about the game's linearity and lack of variety. If I thought FFX was okay but nothing special and FFXII was sort of bad but with a good battle system, should I check this game out whenever I get a 360 or PS3 again? I like towns but they're not a deal breaker, but if it's nothing but battles for most of the game I'm not sure if I can handle it. I did kind of get annoyed by FFX's whole one road going north deal. I suppose that's a bad sign. There are sidequests though, right?

fernoca

B.K. said:
It was a preorder bonus for preordering the 360 bundle.
Though I think both Kagari and Square got it via a retail friend.
Others ordered it from Best Buy for $10...before they changed the price to $50.

Gestahl

fernoca said:
Though I think both Kagari and Square got it via a retail friend.
Others ordered it from Best Buy for $10...before they changed the price to $50.

The faceplate price was changed to $50? Really? Damn, that's harsh.

RPGCrazied

h3ro said:
Anyone have their Amazon order ship out yet? (Those with release day delivery)

My LE guide did, yesterday :p I know not same thing, but! I hope i get it when I go pick up the game

Just curious but
are all the footage from the trailers in the game? I know that one cutscene at the beginning used to be CGI but it was changed so I'm wondering if there's more like that?

Vanille

Aljosa said:
Just curious but
are all the footage from the trailers in the game? I know that one cutscene at the beginning used to be CGI but it was changed so I'm wondering if there's more like that?

A lot of scenes have been altered, and there are a few which have been removed such as
Lightning walking through the Sunleth Waterscape.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
DevelopmentArrested said:
Wait - should I set my TV to 1080P (Samsung 46' hdtv) for the PS3? (Unclick 720p etc)
I've heard people say it doesn't take a performance hit for 1080p so go ahead and do that.

Vanille said:
A lot of scenes have been altered, and there are a few which have been removed such as
Sweet, thanks.
For some reason I had a feeling that particular scene was removed

RedAssedApe

Banned
Vanille said:

Do you guys mean altered from the trailers or altered from the Japanese release? I haven't played the game yet...your comments just made me curious as to what you were talking about :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I got two of those faceplates for free, yo. Here's a tip: Find someone that works at a store and ask them if they got any extras in.

dramatis

henhowc said:
Do you guys mean altered from the trailers or altered from the Japanese release? I haven't played the game yet...your comments just made me curious as to what you were talking about :)

Altered from original trailers, i.e. E3 2006, 2007, etc. Lip sync is an alteration from Japanese release, but I think that's about it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
dramatis said:
Altered from original trailers, i.e. E3 2006, 2007, etc. Lip sync is an alteration from Japanese release, but I think that's about it.

Gotcha. Thanks. You guys got a good memory if you can remember all those details from the old stuff. :)

henhowc said:
Gotcha. Thanks. You guys got a good memory if you can remember all those details from the old stuff. :)
Well I don't know about others, but I have been watching a crapload of FFXIII trailers these past few weeks. :lol

Aljosa said:
I'm wondering this too. I live not even half an hour outside of Toronto and I'm willing to use the TTC and track it down tomorrow. :lol

Dr. Fleas is selling the Xbox version but didnt get any PS3 copies in.

Gestahl

I'll probably follow this thread for the first hand English version impressions since I won't be able to get a copy myself. I haven't been this interested in how a mainline Final Fantasy gets treated by the public in a long while. The mixed scores have made me more interested in the entire thing than anything else since you so rarely see this sort of divisiveness in a high profile franchise's scoring. Most interested in how Sazh turns out.

Vanille

momolicious said:
Is the OST worth buying? Basically, Is it as good as FFX(one of my favorite) or FF7 OST?

It's probably my favorite OST in the series. You'll almost definitely like it if you're a fan of FFX's OST. :3

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Vanille said:
It's probably my favorite OST in the series.
I love the soundtrack.. I've spoiled myself silly on it, honestly.

I'd say that the orchestral-techno-vocal thing it does it "radical".. except I always thought that FF would go in that direction eventually anyway. FFX and X-2 hinted at certain electronic elements being meshed with orchestral and new agey music, so ten years down the line I fully expected FF to develop that further. Much praise to Hamauzu for realizing this!

hirokazu

Why is there a PlayStation Network logo on the US box? Likewise Xbox Live logo on the 360 version boxes. This game doesn't actually use either??

kiun

mr stroke said:
is there a non import OST?

I can't find one on Amazon or itunes

Nope, even the one sold on the official square enix site is the import version. Good price though ($30?)

hirokazu

Square Triangle said:
For the DLC in the future I assume.
Is there any evidence in the game or otherwise that they'll do DLC though, or was that only ever speculation because they said they cut a lot of stuff out?

Also, anyone got the OP banner art in high res? Thanks. :)

Rpgmonkey

hirokazu said:
Why is there a PlayStation Network logo on the US box? Likewise Xbox Live logo on the 360 version boxes. This game doesn't actually use either??

SO4 has it too and that has no real online features outside of stuff like achievements/trophies.

Think it's just a thing that gets put on the boxes even if a game has no online features like multiplayer or DLC and only has the stuff every game has by default, like achievements.

hirokazu

Rpgmonkey said:
SO4 has it too and that has no real online features outside of stuff like achievements/trophies.

Think it's just a thing that gets put on the boxes even if a game has no online features like multiplayer or DLC and only has the stuff every game has by default, like achievements.
OK, that's stupid. That just turns it into another meaningless logo to be put on game covers.

At least those folks at SCEJ and SCEE have some sense to not include PSN on the front when the game doesn't use it for anything except trophies.

I've get the game pre-ordered, and i'm very back and forth with my excitement. I know in honesty i want to sit down with the game and judge for myself. Every time i see the trailers it gets me going and pumped for some reason. The story, characters, the battle system, something about it seems fantastic. Then i see the reaction's like this and it worries me. Personally, the towns and side quests being removed or dwindled may be good in helping me actually get to the the end as i have problems getting side-tracked by the side quests then getting sick of the game before the actual end of the game and not beating it. So assuming that doesn't bother me, and that XII's battle system i felt with some fine-tuning would be good, do i have much reason for concern, or should my Tuesday night be filled with joy and hope fulfillment?

Gunstarheroes said:
I've get the game pre-ordered, and i'm very back and forth with my excitement. I know in honesty i want to sit down with the game and judge for myself. Every time i see the trailers it gets me going and pumped for some reason. The story, characters, the battle system, something about it seems fantastic. Then i see the reaction's like this and it worries me. Personally, the towns and side quests being removed or dwindled may be good in helping me actually get to the the end as i have problems getting side-tracked by the side quests then getting sick of the game before the actual end of the game and not beating it. So assuming that doesn't bother me, and that XII's battle system i felt with some fine-tuning would be good, do i have much reason for concern, or should my Tuesday night be filled with joy and hope fulfillment?

Get it and you won't be disappointed. Just remember, the game takes a bit to get going, you will play a few hours without some options unlocked. Also, you will switch characters frequently, the game has its reason for doing so, it is to emphasize the struggle each of the characters are going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom