• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice thread. Its going to be a hard weekend of waiting for Tuesday, thats for sure. I could go to a monday midnight thing, but I doubt I would enjoy the game at 1AM much.

I think this also might be the first game I plan on actually trying to get all trophies for. Although the patience needed is probably enormous I will persevere.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Yeah... I'm not posting in this thread

Damn.

I shall be getting this game. Probably 2nd hand because of the economy and all, but gotta give it a chance of redemption! Hope the majority in this thread ends up loving it and we can do some reruns down the road.

The wait for FF15 begins!!!!

Cant wait to see what direction they are taking it considering the feedback for this one came way to late to change much now.

Voyevoda007

Neo Member
I'm starting to think Kojima is the only good Japanese developer these days. 5 years for a 60 hour dungeon crawler. I swear if GT5 sucks i'm gonna lose all hope in japan (expect Kojima...I fucken love mgs4).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It's finally up! The impressions from those who got the game already were getting lost in the other thread. Anyway, nice work. :)

Kagari said:
If you post in this thread, duckroll will ban you. He might not ban you today, he might not ban you tomorrow, but some day eventually if you keep posting you will be banned.
:lol

dramatis

Gamer @ Heart said:
The wait for FF15 begins!!!!

Cant wait to see what direction they are taking it considering the feedback for this one came way to late to change much now.

What changes, the game is already out :lol

Tadale

WickedLaharl said:
was the teamxbox review taken down? link in the OP takes me to a media not found page.

It seems that way, and for good reason, too. I'm fine with a reviewer not finishing certain games before posting a review, but most of major complaints are addressed in the last part of the game (as far as I understand it). Also, I don't agree that you should have to play 30 hours of a game before it gets "good", but the fact should have been addressed in the review.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've been posting about how I wasn't planning on buying this on Tuesday, but now that I think about it, I could probably get a pretty good deal if I trade in Heavy Rain for it or something. I'd like to take part in the discussion at launch with other GAFers.

Hopefully I get it finished quick enough to do the same thing again with it and God 3.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Voyevoda007 said:
I'm starting to think Kojima is the only good Japanese developer these days. 5 years for a 60 hour dungeon crawler. I swear if GT5 sucks i'm gonna lose all hope in japan (expect Kojima...I fucken love mgs4).
I would love it if FFXIII was a "dungeon crawler"... that's not what it is. More like "story tube".

Voyevoda007 said:
Welp, good luck with that Castlevania game.

Vanille said:
Troy Baker says yes.
Who is Troy Baker?

dramatis

Gamer @ Heart said:
?

Did you not see the 15?

You said "this one came way too late to change much now", implying that there's anything that can be changed in 13.

Nevertheless, this time it might actually be too early to look for XV. Even though the development cycle is probably going to get shorter, I wonder how much risk they're willing to put into another mainline.

Back to celebration.

WilyRook

Man, this will be the first Final Fantasy I won't have on day 1 or thereabouts :( Ps3 is gutting my wallet. There's got to be a way. *determined*

Cep

Banned
dramatis said:
You said "this one came way too late to change much now", implying that there's anything that can be changed in 13.

Nevertheless, this time it might actually be too early to look for XV. Even though the development cycle is probably going to get shorter, I wonder how much risk they're willing to put into another mainline.

Back to celebration.

FF15 DS2/PsP2

I want it so bad. Not just because I want a real hand-held effort, but because I want to see the reactions.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Tadale said:
It seems that way, and for good reason, too. I'm fine with a reviewer not finishing certain games before posting a review, but most of major complaints are addressed in the last part of the game (as far as I understand it). Also, I don't agree that you should have to play 30 hours of a game before it gets "good", but the fact should have been addressed in the review.
:lol :lol

Oh my god. Classic reviewing.

Anyone still got a copy of the review saved?

Himuro said:
1+ million.

800k for ps3, 1 million for 360.
That's bold dude.

I saaaay

1.8 mil PS3
1 mil 360

aceface

Yessssssss finally, can't wait until Tuesday. Don't really know anything about this game but a mainline FF has not let me down yet.

Cep said:
FF15 DS2/PsP2

I want it so bad. Not just because I want a real hand-held effort, but because I want to see the reactions.
I wouldn't be so surprised if it did happen. They'd have to ditch their focus on presentation for the series, though, which I don't see them doing.

ChuBoi

Banned
Kagari said:
Less than FFXII.
I was thinking around that (FFXII=1.87m in US), maybe just above with 360+PS3 combined. Def not FFX numbers (2.74m).

I'd guess 1.3m combined in the first NPD month (900K PS3/400K 360). Severe drop in April.

What was the PS2 install base during those FFX/FFXII releases?

Vect said:
Finally the threads up, and it looks awesome. 3 more days, cannot wait to play the game.
Kind of can't believe this is coming in three days. When was this game first shown, E3 2006? Squeenix, you so slow.

Vanille said:
The voice of Snow. <3
Aha. And... why is this exciting, again?

Cep

Banned
dramatis said:
FF15....for Facebook.

And stealth edit? Wait for Agito.

At this rate we're all going to get banned.

At some point, CC was used to describe Agito, It was dead to me from that point on.

I do not care if they revamped the combat, it is forever stained.

And as far as I am aware, we are only violating clause 4.

fernoca

Argh! Don't post about sales in here!!

Aww.. crap..I posted in this thread... :(
Oh well, can't wait. Will be picking my copy Tuesday in the morning.

graywolf323

awesome thread Kagari :D can't wait to pick up my copy Tuesday from Best Buy (yay gift cards)

Kagari said:
[*]If you post in this thread, duckroll will ban you. He might not ban you today, he might not ban you tomorrow, but some day eventually if you keep posting you will be banned.

oh shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom