• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - 30 minutes of gameplay (Japanese)

Gbraga

Okay that could definitely work then. Like they get it back from the shop and get told they made a few adjustments. But the important question is: is this a regular train or Doomtrain?

Just watched the 2013 trailer on a whim, which made me a bit sad. Granted, that gameplay sequence is clearly all cgi or rough test stuff. Hell, the whole trailer is pretty much that. I'd completely forgotten about that digital map that shows up when Noctis is climbing the ships.

It's been said before, but Nomura sure knows how to make a compelling trailer.

What an amazing trailer that was, indeed...

I also really really like the TGS 2014 and Jump Festa trailers (the latter shows a bit of the train stuff already), I just lost a bit of interest on rewatching them as much because they went into Full Duscae mode right after, and I suddenly couldn't stand that region that looked so amazing in those trailers anymore. Seeing the Adamantoise at the TGS 2014 trailer for the first time, with them confirming you can actually fight that thing? God, that was awesome!

Exentryk

But for real, does Magic really track the enemy if L1 or R1 is held? That would clear any issue I have with its usage.

Like I said before, it doesn't track the enemy AFTER you've pressed the cast button. So the enemy can run out of it if fast enough.

wmlk

Like I said before, it doesn't track the enemy AFTER you've pressed the cast button. So the enemy can run out of it if fast enough.

I know. I had the same qualms with it, but someone else addressed me and said it did which is why I wanted to confirm. Apparently it does.

It's whatever button targets but isn't the lock target button. I hated the PD scheme, lol, so I can't remember which one it was. I want to say R1. You have to hold it while you're casting the spell, but it's quick and it was a huge relief for me as well.

The way to test it would be those giant Sabertusks when you're Child Noctis since those move fast. I'd like to see actual video proof of this, though. I can see why it could be obscured since not a lot of people care for this kind of thing.

Exentryk

I know. I had the same qualms with it, but someone else addressed me and said it did which is why I wanted to confirm. Apparently it does.

The way to test it would be those giant Sabertusks when you're Child Noctis since those move fast.

He is just confused between tracking the enemy before pressing the cast button, and tracking after pressing the cast button.

And feel free to test it yourself, and then let me know that it matches what I'm telling you now.

wmlk

He is just confused between tracking the enemy before pressing the cast button, and tracking after pressing the cast button.

And feel free to test it yourself, and then let me know that it matches what I'm telling you now.

I would have liked to test it if I had a PS4 with me right now.

wmlk

Oh, you've never played Duscae or Platinum, have you?

Played like 5 hours of Platinum Demo. Just rushed to the Iron Giant part.

Lol, just because I don't own a PS4 doesn't mean I won't find a way to play a demo of a game I'm heavily anticipating. It's very easy to ask a friend.

Ran rp

Huh, NoctisVsStar got banned? He seemed like the nicest guy around.

0xjGr.gif

eifer

PS4:
28997184240_7a5074c09f_o.jpg

Xbox One:
29285306185_7149f50294_o.jpg

Looks like a PS3 and PS4 comparison of GTAV.
And they both look like outdated crap compared to how it should look on PC. Foliage doesn't make a game though. This thread is ridiculous. One of the worst I've seen here so far.

JBwB

It's probably a temp ban. Kinda ridiculous if it's a permanent one.

And they both look like outdated crap compared to how it should look on PC. Foliage doesn't make a game though. This thread is ridiculous. One of the worst I've seen here so far.

You might as well be shit posting if you're not going to provide reasoning for that statement.

wmlk

Man, imagine getting banned on November 28 lol.

I hope we get to see that happen in some controversial thread.

Zedark

That's almost a guarantee, there's gonna be such a shitstorm when the reviews hit, doesn't matter if they're good or bad.

Falk

that puzzling face
I hate to say it because there are many, many genuine people out there, but you bet there's going to be reviews on either extreme just for the traffic it'll bring.

Dark_castle

I hate to say it because there are many, many genuine people out there, but you bet there's going to be reviews on either extreme just for the traffic it'll bring.
Nah, in all seriousness, FFXV is going to do decently well in the review scores. It's a game that just ticks all the boxes that impresses journalists. Good graphics, good production values, big open world, lots of content, many hours of gameplay, flashy combat and effects, memorable music, you name it, FFXV got it.

80 and above is all but guaranteed as long as they don't fuck up the performance and fix the technical issues.

Voror

Yeah, it's probably inevitable. Well, unless the game is really, really bad. Then we'll probably see a majority of negative reviews. At this point, I'd be genuinely surprised if it high marks for the most part from critics.

Edit: Well, with those points in mind I suppose it could go over well. I'm curious how many reviews we'll see deriding the game because it isn't Final Fantasy or something along those lines.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest

I usually get banned close to a FF launch. I'm the only good guy here so I have enemies afterall... what a burden

Meh stick by my minimum 80 meta. At that point the thread shouldn't be too bad anything below whoooo boy.

It'll still be bad regardless tho. Even if it sits pretty at a 90+

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I don't know what NoctisStar did, but he seemed to troll a decent amount, especially in that KH3 thread. Hope he didn't get permed cause of that.

Oh please.

It seems like some people have nothing to actually say in general when they post and just want to get reactions out of others. PC drivebys generally do nothing to add to the only versions of the game that exist right now.

And its a fact that based on the gif, they look notably different.

I don't know what NoctisStar did, but he seemed to troll a decent amount, especially in that KH3 thread. Hope he didn't get permed cause of that.

Oh please.

It seems like some people have nothing to actually say in general when they post and just want to get reactions out of others. PC drivebys generally do nothing to add to the only versions of the game that exist right now.

And its a fact that based on the gif, they look notably different.
He said good and than laughed at all the nx port begging.. something that's not supposed to be a thing anyway but I'll drop it

Koozek

"Absolutely amazing and wildly ambitious game, combining a mind-bogglingly huge and beautiful world with an epic tale about a young prince, who lost his father and kingdom, and is now forced to carry the burden of his destiny. At the core, however, it's a heart warming coming-of-age story and road-trip that had us smiling throughout the whole journey. A true return to glory for the series. Square Enix reclaimed their throne.

Score: 4/10"

notaskwid

I reckon you only get permed if you're a Junior or if you spew not stop racial offences or something like that. Noctis should be fine.

Top Bottom