• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XV and FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 Active Time Report [Jump Festa 2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowParry

I'm not gonna lie.

He seems pretty emo. But not any more than Cloud or Squall.

That's pretty quick to judge on the little we've seen of him. He seems more confined to himself. The new trailer shows a little more outspoken. But compared to Cloud or Squall? Good god. You need to go back and play those games.

Macrotus

I know who who he was, I asked what was he talking on stage.

He was talking about him playing the PSP version of Type-0, he said he managed to kill 100 enemies in the fighting arena (he wanted to express how much he's played the PSP version for) and playing the HD version after that, he felt the quality difference was huge.
He also said he hopes that everyone would be looking forward to FF15 as well.

Tabata and Matsuda were also joking about them doing a talkshow like "ask me anything". "Me" would stand for Tabata and the person asking would be Matsuda.
They thought it would be fun cause the CEO knows less information than Tabata about the game.

Hahah, my bad guys. They were just talking about how he wanted to participate in one of these events and ask the questions from the "If you have a question, go ask Tabata!" segments
Thank you for the translation.

Can someone give me some context. Like what is going on? Is there a schedule or something?
It's over, now we watch every video 20+ times over until the next one comes out and we keep going like this until Type-0 HD comes out.

Those will be 20+ glorious rewinds though.

He was talking about him playing the PSP version of Type-0, he said he managed to kill 100 enemies in the fighting arena (he wanted to express how much he's played the PSP version for) and playing the HD version after that, he felt the quality difference was huge.
He also said he hopes that everyone would be looking forward to FF15 as well.

Thanks to you too. I was wondering if it was anything important =P

That's pretty quick to judge on the little we've seen of him. He seems more confined to himself. The new trailer shows a little more outspoken. But compared to Cloud or Squall? Good god. You need to go back and play those games.

Yup noctis went berserk on ignis he's going to be outspoken I like this.. Nocto!

Amir0x

Banned
Man this game certainly looks epic. Getting a little more excited about everything, I don't want to get my hopes up too high after the FFXIII games but man they are hitting the right notes for sure.

JNA

Banned
yjebki.gif

Dat smile.

Amir0x

Banned
Man the scale of those summons are just nuts. I am pretty goddamn impressed with how amazing every aspect of this RPG looks. It really is the craziest high production looking jRPG ever

wmlk

Man the scale of those summons are just nuts. I am pretty goddamn impressed with how amazing every aspect of this RPG looks. It really is the craziest high production looking jRPG ever

What's staggering is that it looks so much better than what we saw just three months ago, and that was live with the latest build!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

SE are the only ones who can do this now. Hope this is the start of better HD JRPGs and not the end of it.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping between this and Xenoblade Chronicles X they start to become a regular thing.

It'll only happen if and when Japanese developers start developing games with the consideration for markets beyond Japan. And by that I don't mean western-ising but to plan localisation and marketing in advance. They can't have huge budgets when they make games that end up selling 200000 copies (if they're lucky) these days. They have to stop seeing localization as an afterthought. Japan's console market is too small to support growing budgets.

Falk

that puzzling face
SE are the only ones who can do this now. Hope this is the start of better HD JRPGs and not the end of it.

I dunno man, not many devs have the kind of pockets SE has. Although yes, Xenoblade X is a much more realistic expectation out of virtually everyone else.

PS4 for JRPG renaissance go.

wmlk

I'm sorry, but I look at this and I look at Tales and I have to shake my head at Namco. What the heck man?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno man, not many devs have the kind of pockets SE has. Although yes, Xenoblade X is a much more realistic expectation out of virtually everyone else.

PS4 for JRPG renaissance go.

Yeah. And who knows whether they can actually make money out of XV's cursed development period. So much money down the drain, not to mention the opportunity costs they incurred with last gen's failures.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sorry, but I look at this and I look at Tales and I have to shake my head at Namco. What the heck man?

Namco's working with smaller budgets so we can't really blame them.

KoopaTheCasual

Tales is conservative and are popping out constantly. SE would rather hedge their bets on a single title every several years. Namco is actually being more prudent, but I'm glad SE is still in the "fuck it, let's go all out" mentality when it comes to Final Fantasy.

Ceravic

It'll only happen if and when Japanese developers start developing games with the consideration for markets beyond Japan. And by that I don't mean western-ising but to plan localisation and marketing in advance. They can't have huge budgets when they make games that end up selling 200000 copies (if they're lucky) these days. They have to stop seeing localization as an afterthought. Japan's console market is too small to support growing budgets.

Agreed 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom