• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion - First Look + Closed Beta August 3rd

Do you think we will be able to play as female characters in multiplayer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

nguyen704

How is Comrades so far? FFXV Digital Premium Edition is on sale right now and it looks kind of interesting from what I am seeing in this thread.

How is Comrades so far? FFXV Digital Premium Edition is on sale right now and it looks kind of interesting from what I am seeing in this thread.
Well it's over now and since you didn't download the client you won't be able to try the next stress test this weekend. But it was fun when the servers were working enjoying the combat even more than the base game which I also enjoyed. Take the plunge

Koozek

Definitely has the potential with better netcode. The first beta round had server overload and buggy match making that rarely worked. From last page:
Man, when match making with real people works it can be really fun and more tense than battles in the main game because you don't have basically infinite safety nets without items, actually have to be careful and guard every attack, watch your MP, and be quick to walk or warp up to your buddies to heal them. This is the first time I could see myself enjoying a MMO's combat unlike others I tried, including FFXIV where I felt bored and unengaged in battles.

I don't know if I'm imagining things, but it feels like the enemies don't have as much annoying, unblockable attacks that often came out of nowhere in the main game and just one-shotted your party. Have they cleaned up some of the attack patterns or added Guard prompts to more attacks or something? I feel more in control here and the player's animations seem snappier at parts.

Have you guys noticed smaller changes like that too?

It was a lot of fun! The battle system felt a lot better and the character creation is great so far!

The just have to tweak the netcode. It had a lot of issues.

How is Comrades so far?
It's a lot of fun, a lot of the gameplay changes are welcome and the bosses were pretty hard. It feels pretty early because a lot of stuff that is going to be in the finished version aren't in the beta , but overall they have a pretty decent start and I can see what they're going for and I really like it.

Really pretty shit. The missions are lazily designed defend X objective.
It was a online test so I wasn't expecting a full fledged mission structure when the expansion isn't even finished yet lmao.

Dunno why you expected any different. I'm sure most of the stuff in the beta was made for the beta anyway and we more than likely won't see them in the full release because they even advertise the mission structure being different in the full version.

And a great sale it is. It is pretty fun but just has a few network issues they are ironing out and will do another test this weekend (for people who downloaded the beta this last weekend). Should be a fun mode. Has a lot of potential.

Wish I was able to play more games with people instead of AI, there's a lot of potential here.

Had a bug where Cindy's truck got stuck hanging off the road. Had to keep running on foot far enough ahead so the truck could reset itself, haha.

DGz0tPQUAAAioNC.jpg:large

Koozek

Is it noon where you guys live? First beta was up at 1PM for me over here in Germany. Can't test right now since I'm playing Persona 5.

Glad it's back. Was super busy and only got about 15 minutes to try it during first time frame.

Hopefully down the road we can free roam.

Koozek

Did they add a button to quit when searching connections is bugging out so that you don't have to the game from the PS4 menu?^^

Did they add a button to quit when searching connections is bugging out so that you don't have to the game from the PS4 menu?^^
Doesn't seem like it but so far I haven't needed one so hopefully it holds up. :p

But knowing me I just jinxed the whole thing, sorry in advance.

Played a bunch with ransoms for about two hours they even invited me into their party chat had a lengthy convo about ffxv and this expansion. Was a blast it's so fun with ppl

Slaythe

I think the biggest game changer is how you don't use any MP to teleport. It only uses mp if you target an enemy.

So that makes the mobility in the game insane, coupled with the free teleports of some weapons like the dagger in the air.

I have yet to reach the final boss, my team always leave before we beat the second one :( . And it's hard alone or just with one person.

Koozek

Sooo, it's early in the morning and I'm free. Who's up for doing all missions? What's the best way to do that? Post my Camp number? What if we're not on the same servers?

aember

Question about that mission with the Behemoths: how did people access it? I always got kicked out of the game after the 2nd mission.

Koozek

I woulda played with you but was having fun with random groups. Maybe after work and I get home I'll group up with you and we can play. :)
If it's not too late for me over here and I'm not playing P5, then yeah! Do online partners stay after missions? Because for me it always replaced some or even all of them with AI partners for the seond mission, which was annoying. Assume it's a bug/network issues.

If it's not too late for me over here and I'm not playing P5, then yeah! Do online partners stay after missions? Because for me it always replaced some or even all of them with AI partners for the seond mission, which was annoying. Assume it's a bug/network issues.

I didn't have that issue this morning. Either bug or people left. AI will replace people who leave.

Sorry to bump this. I noticed on PSN today that there is a Square Enix Sale for FFXII, Nier Automata and FFXV base and Deluxe Edition but there was no thread about it. The Deluxe Edition costs as much as if you got the base game at the price error + Season Pass.
I wanted to know if the Online Test is still running. If not, will there be another test in the future? Thanks.

Keinning

Sorry to bump this. I noticed on PSN today that there is a Square Enix Sale for FFXII, Nier Automata and FFXV base and Deluxe Edition but there was no thread about it. The Deluxe Edition costs as much as if you got the base game at the price error + Season Pass.
I wanted to know if the Online Test is still running. If not, will there be another test in the future? Thanks.

There were two tests already, havent heard anything about a third one, but it might happen i guess

Keinning

Really? When? I thought the test was running all the time for those who have the Season Pass (or at least for a month). I may be misinformed.

both tests had limited duration and you had to download the comrades separate client to play them (and the download only was avaliable during the first test, people who kept the client could play the second). i don't even know if you could still download it even if the tests were still running. but granted, i'm not paying much attention to the news anymore so i might be late to the news, maybe someone else can help you better

both tests had limited duration and you had to download the comrades separate client to play them (and the download only was avaliable during the first test, people who kept the client could play the second). i don't even know if you could still download it even if the tests were still running. but granted, i'm not paying much attention to the news anymore so i might be late to the news, maybe someone else can help you better

Thanks for the clarification.
I would need more infos and clarifications and news for about the tests.

Top Bottom