• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion - First Look + Closed Beta August 3rd

Do you think we will be able to play as female characters in multiplayer?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Finally got around to messing with this, didn't expect the depth in the character creator. That malboro tattoo has already won me over. That's so damn cool.

YxIYvbS.gif

Koozek

Man, when match making with real people works it can be really fun and more tense than battles in the main game because you don't have basically infinite safety nets without items, actually have to be careful and guard every attack, watch your MP, and be quick to walk or warp up to your buddies to heal them. This is the first time I could see myself enjoying a MMO's combat unlike others I tried, including FFXIV where I felt bored and unengaged in battles.

I don't know if I'm imagining things, but it feels like the enemies don't have as much annoying, unblockable attacks that often came out of nowhere in the main game and just one-shotted your party. Have they cleaned up some of the attack patterns or added Guard prompts to more attacks or something? I feel more in control here and the player's animations seem snappier at parts.

Have you guys noticed smaller changes like that too?

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/894574094619947008

The current #FFXVComrades Closed Online Test ends tomorrow but another will be taking place between 11-13 Aug with a free update on 10 Aug

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/894574675027734528

The #FFXVComrades Closed Online Test client will not be downloadable after tomorrow so be sure to get it before the next test this weekend

So if you haven't downloaded it yet it looks like you might want to do that soon if you're interested.

Keym

Man, when match making with real people works it can be really fun and more tense than battles in the main game because you don't have basically infinite safety nets without items, actually have to be careful and guard every attack, watch your MP, and be quick to walk or warp up to your buddies to heal them. This is the first time I could see myself enjoying a MMO's combat unlike others I tried, including FFXIV where I felt bored and unengaged in battles.

I don't know if I'm imagining things, but it feels like the enemies don't have as much annoying, unblockable attacks that often came out of nowhere in the main game and just one-shotted your party. Have they cleaned up some of the attack patterns or added Guard prompts to more attacks or something? I feel more in control here and the player's animations seem snappier at parts.

If this is true, then, man... I want this so bad in the main game. The most annoying thing in battles, especially end level ones, was that anything, anything at all would put you and everyone else in Danger status or just outright kill you. I doubt they could change anything at this point, they'd have to rebalance the whole game pretty much, but I can dream.

LordKasual

Banned

I really want to say it's because the weapons on Comrades all have plentiful dodge cancel animations (Circle + Left/Right/Back) so you can stay on the move. The only weapons really like that were Dagger and Sword, and even then only the backflip was particularly good on Sword.

It could also be because the enemies aren't always locked onto YOU, because there are 3 other players on the map. Something as simple as that even makes a game like Bloodborne significantly easier.

I really want to say it's because the weapons on Comrades all have plentiful dodge cancel animations (Circle + Left/Right/Back) so you can stay on the move. The only weapons really like that were Dagger and Sword, and even then only the backflip was particularly good on Sword.

It could also be because the enemies aren't always locked onto YOU, because there are 3 other players on the map. Something as simple as that even makes a game like Bloodborne significantly easier.

The weapons in Comrades are very quick weapons to cancel out of animations quicker. That's how it's always been really. If you are using a Greatsword or Club, it takes a few frames for the character to switch from offense to defense. That is the risk-reward of heavier weapons: bigger damage but larger windows to get hit.

Has anyone done the secret mission yet? I didn't even know there was one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ58gp49pb4

Saw it on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/6s7cka/i_recorded_the_secret_mission_for_comrades_closed/

You have to complete any of the other misions in the least possible time. My recomendation is do the first mission, get the meat from the boss that gives you a meal from Monica that boosts your attack power. In the second mission try to complete it as fast as possible and you will get a new message from Cor :)

Thinking of trying it out but probably gonna wait till they do the next test session and the update to help out the matchmaking, probably gonna be a pain to try now with how the servers have been on and off lol.

As cool as it is to set this in the time jump to see more of what happened, I hope they have some special missions that take place in the past that let players see more than a dead world. They've already got a lore justification with Pryna's time shenanigans.

The idea of secret quests you have to fulfil certain conditions for to unlock is pretty cool. Hope they have some high level rewards. That would be really cool.

Friendly reminder: If you want to participate in the online test this weekend you MUST download the online test TODAY. It will only be up for only a little while. It will be taken off the store soon so grab it now before they take it off.

SOLDIER

Wait, you had to download another client, even if you were in the first beta? And you only had one day to do it?

That is major bullshit if true.

Ferr986

Friendly reminder: If you want to participate in the online test this weekend you MUST download the online test TODAY. It will only be up for only a little while. It will be taken off the store soon so grab it now before they take it off.

lmao what? the older one doesn't work? It doesn't get automatically updated?

Koozek

Wait, you had to download another client, even if you were in the first beta? And you only had one day to do it?

That is major bullshit if true.

lmao what? the older one doesn't work? It doesn't get automatically updated?
Wat, who said that? They said there would be a patch tomorrow for the second beta and I'm pretty sure it works with the same client as before. Buy that client could only be downloaded until the 8th.

Ferr986

Wat, who said that? They said there would be a patch tomorrow for the second beta and I'm pretty sure it works with the same client as before. Buy that client could only be downloaded until the 8th.

oh ok lol got confused for a second, I'm good to go then.

oh ok lol got confused for a second, I'm good to go then.

Okay, so the same client will work as before? Good.

Will there be new missions or upgrades to play around with?

That's what I was referring to. You had to download the application before they took it down. If you already had it for this last weekend you are good. They don't have a new client for you to download. I was just letting people know that yesterday was the last day to download that client.

Top Bottom