• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Update 1.15 out (Bestiary, Chapter Select, Assassin's Festival DLC)

And yet here you are whining about them correcting their game. I wonder who needs to move on more - one who is profiting and making their product better, or one who follows topics about games they don't like.

Hmm. Just hmmm.

Oh I thought this was a forum and criticizing was part of the deal.

I'm a huge FF fan and the way they handle FF XV is just baffling. Worst entry in the series by a huge mile. But ok, let them try to fix it.

Go home.

Koozek

is the AC stuff time limited?

derp nvm end of sept.

i barely played my copy. how fast can i reach this stuff if
noctis started getting headaches and titan i think??
End of September is for the Chocobo Carnival event. The AC festival is open until the end of January. Both are accessible through the title screen's Special Content menu or whatever it's called regardless of where in the game you are (at least I assume it is the same for the AC one as for other DLC).

LordKasual

Banned

I'm a huge FF fan and the way they handle FF XV is just baffling. Worst entry in the series by a huge mile. But ok, let them try to fix it.

Go home.

you're free to criticize all you want

but we've all been reading the same 3 or 4 bad jokes and whining posts in these XV threads literally all year.

you'd think that the people repeating these would get the message and just lose interest in these threads. but nope!

The OP of these threads should just set aside the first 5 posts to get all the redundancy out of the way so people could actually enjoy conversing about the game without having to talk over snot nosed babies all the time

Edzi

The bestiary descriptions still seem pretty vague. Is Ardyn related to Noctis or not? Is the Japanese text clearer?

but we've all been reading the same 3 or 4 bad jokes and whining posts in these XV threads literally all year.

you'd think that the people repeating these would get the message and just lose interest in these threads. but nope!

Alright good man.

game is still the worst entry in the series.

LordKasual

Banned
Alright good man.

game is still the worst entry in the series.

square and their stockholders seem to disagree ;)

The bestiary descriptions still seem pretty vague. Is Ardyn related to Noctis or not? Is the Japanese text clearer?
the power of king is passed down by blood

Ardyn's true name is Ardyn Lucis Caelum. So he had to be usurped by another Lucis Caelum. Perhaps a brother or nephew or something.

which would make him a distant relative of Noctis

...unless, when the crystal ditched him, the new bloodline they chose just became Lucis Caelum. Which is equally probable, based on what Ardyn tells Noctis in ch.13

Neiteio

Ardyn's true name is Ardyn Lucis Caelum. So he had to be usurped by another Lucis Caelum. Perhaps a brother or nephew or something.

...unless, when the crystal ditched him, the new bloodline they chose just became Lucis Caelum. Which is equally probable, based on what Ardyn tells Noctis in ch.13
My understanding is
the names switched — Noctis is probably a descendant of the Izunia line; the Izunia line usurped Ardyn and took his name; so to get back at them, Ardyn took their name for when he ends their bloodline

Tyaren

Of course Shiva is the only model in the bestiary that you can not zoom in on and spin, lol. But for Titan, who is basically a nude guy, it is okay...

Ferr986

Of course Shiva is the only model in the bestiary that you can not zoom in on and spin, lol. But for Titan, who is basically a nude guy, it is okay...

Yet her profile picture is basically Shiva showing her butt lol

Btw, I'm surprised that I'm still missing some monsters.

Dang, would have been cool if it was a 3D bestiary. Guess someone could mod that with its attacks viewable as well (I really like any bestiary like Pikmins).

EDIT: Oh it IS 3D? Cooool.

Go home.

Yeah, let them try to fix it. Which they are.

You are free to waste your time pondering the obvious and continue to catch feelings about this game though.

Go lie down.

I am a sucker for scale, so I liked that they added Noctis for comparison in the bestiary. Viewing
Adamantoise and Leviathan
make him so small I thought I turned his model off accidentally. Some of those size/weight numbers were unbelievable!

So hype I haven't touched this game on Xbox beyond chocobo carnival and getting to hammerhead. Cmon X. Hope square gives us a hell of a graphical update

TheCed

Yeah, let them try to fix it. Which they are.

You are free to waste your time pondering the obvious and continue to catch feelings about this game though.

Go lie down.

IMO
I would have prefered the Story to be fixed rather than what we got so far, and what was added to the story didn't feel satisfying (IMO again).
I am not satisfied with the way they handled the post launch support and I'd like my opinion to be heard. Maybe with enough voices they'll adress the situation.

I'm open minded with the Assassin's Festival because I'm somehow hoping that they can bring the climbing mecanic into the chapter 13 battle, it could look a little bit more like what was shown in 2013. It's not what I would have priorised but I would be a nice little thing.

Now, I can understand that calling the game "Trash" is not the right way to keep a conversation going and I'm guilty of that sometimes. This is not the right way to do and you're perfectly right to complain about those comments.

Tyaren

Cmon X. Hope square gives us a hell of a graphical update

Considering that the PS4 Pro version already looks absolutely beautiful and the X version will no doubt top it even, it will be definitely a big jump from what you are accustomed to on the One to the X. :)

r1d7BeR.gif

Lothars

Now, I can understand that calling the game "Trash" is not the right way to keep a conversation going and I'm guilty of that sometimes. This is not the right way to do and you're perfectly right to complain about those comments.
Which is the issue that most of us have with the people constantly complaining about it, They will drive by calling the game shit and than not offer anything to the actual topic at hand. If it was an actual conversation about the game than great.

Edzi

That's why this is still unclear.
The game didn't make it clear whether the King's line was always part of the same bloodline, or if the title just shifted to another bloodline after Ardyn was exiled. It's important because it affects how you perceive Ardyn and Noctis's relationship.

But yeah, I clearly care about this more than the creators.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is the Assassin Festival up?

LordKasual

Banned
That's why this is still unclear.
The game didn't make it clear whether the King's line was always part of the same bloodline, or if the title just shifted to another bloodline after Ardyn was exiled. It's important because it affects how you perceive Ardyn and Noctis's relationship.

But yeah, I clearly care about this more than the creators.
Ardyn is thousands of years old, so whether or not he's directly related to Noctis is pretty irrelevant, that's faaaar too many generations removed.
The main shocker in the twist isn't that Noctis and Ardyn are possibly distant relatives, it's that Ardyn is basically his era's version of Noctis, right down to name and title.

Edzi

Ardyn is thousands of years old, so whether or not he's directly related to Noctis is pretty irrelevant, that's faaaar too many generations removed.
The main shocker in the twist isn't that Noctis and Ardyn are possibly distant relatives, it's that Ardyn is basically his era's version of Noctis, right down to name and title.

Um, it's not irrelevant, it's only irrelevant to you. It changes the way their relationship and conflict can be viewed.

LordKasual

Banned
Um, it's not irrelevant, it's only irrelevant to you. It changes the way their relationship and conflict can be viewed.
I dont see how whether or not some dude from thousands of years ago having a sliver of your DNA makes any difference at all in the face of everything else he did/is doing at that point in the story

let's say that he's Noctis' great x20 grandfather. nothing changes. Is noct going to feel worse about having to kill him, while he's got his lover and father's corpses strung up from the ceiling like trophies?????

So yeah, it's irrelevant to me

it WOULD be significant if this was a story about Ardyn specifically, but it's not.

Must say I'm rather impressed by this bestiary. Love reading these notes and the size weight info is a nice touch. If they add a data log for lore and world terminology with this amount of effort it would make me even happier.

Yeah the bestiary is pretty good.

I like the alpha, beta, gamma and delta variation details.

I'm also surprised I'm missing some monsters. 146hrs in and it feels like I've fought everything there is to fight

Kyzer

Banned
Bestiary looks nice, would have been nice to have in the initial launch

The OP of these threads should just set aside the first 5 posts to get all the redundancy out of the way so people could actually enjoy conversing about the game without having to talk over snot nosed babies all the time

nobody cares if you dont like reading people criticizing a game you like, the way you and a few others act as if the world is bothered by people complaining about the game is laughable. let people have their opinion, you dont have to defend FFXV's honor with your own. just ignore them, youre the one choosing to take it personally. does it really -bother- you to read a post online thats critical of the game? most topics about everything are redundant arguments being made in circles, this isnt special

You can now glitch with God mode and flying in any chapter.
I was most interested in chapter 13 and 14, but unfortunately there is just nothing to find.
Niflheim, just like all of the unfinished cities in the game, isn't even close to being done. What you see of the city is simply geometry to give the illusion of a big city that only works from the angles from the path that the campaign briefly lets you walk on.

In chapter 14, the monsters outside of the starting area do not even spawn when you aren't traversing with the on rails vehicle, so you cannot engage them like I was hoping you could, even though you can explore the empty world.

LordKasual

Banned
nobody cares if you dont like reading people criticizing a game you like, the way you and a few others act as if the world is bothered by people complaining about the game is laughable. let people have their opinion, you dont have to defend FFXV's honor with your own. just ignore them, youre the one choosing to take it personally. does it really -bother- you to read a post online thats critical of the game? most topics about everything are redundant arguments being made in circles, this isnt special

"this is the worst thing ever"

"damn really, do you have to state that in every thread on the subject"

"omg lol its just my opinion why are you so mad, respect me pls"

if your idea of "criticism" is to just constantly state how much you hate the thing in question with no meaningful substance behind the statement, then you have no legs to stand on when you choose to pretend like someone is slighting you by telling you to shut up

especially if your choice response is to cry about your right to say whatever you want when you get confronted on it.

People who actually have something to say will usually state their reasoning. The people i'm talking about will not.

Couldn't rotate shiva around in the bestiary....slightly disappointing.

son of a bitchhhh

Kyzer

Banned

"this is the worst thing ever"

"omg lol its just my opinion why are you so mad, respect me pls"

if your idea of "criticism" is to just constantly state how much you hate the thing in question with no meaningful substance behind the statement, then you have no legs to stand on when you choose to pretend like someone is slighting you by telling you to shut up

especially if your choice response is to cry about your right to say whatever you want when you get confronted on it.

without having to talk over snot nosed babies all the time

sure jan.

edit: did you actually just acknowledge that youre basically just going around telling people to shut up ? and that youre telling me to shut up? um....no? and how am I crying lol youre not even confronting me, please quote my post where I said any of the things you just said I said, where was my idea of criticism displayed to be as simple as "I hate thing in question" or "this is the worst thing ever.". please. also, how is that still not better than just posting telling people to shut up because you dont wanna hear it anymore?

LordKasual

Banned
sure jan.

i'm assuming that statement touched a nerve with you

If you identify, then i'm sorry that i'm not sorry

you arguing for the right to shitpost works both ways though, soooooo

At this point people should really just stop replying to people they find annoying. Ignore exists for a reason.

i've never made use of forum ignore buttons before I joined GAF lol

but you're right, it's really not so bad tbh

Top Bottom