• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally: Freeloader for Wii

http://www.maxconsole.net/content_img/wiifrl.jpg
http://www.maxconsole.net/content_img/wiifrl2.jpg

Divineo.co.uk has informed us that they have received their first batch of Datel's FreeLoader for the Wii and have a limited amount of stock left. Any retailers who claimed to have stock of the device previously were lying, as the glass master for pressing the PAL version was completed yesterday at around 4:30pm by Datel. Better yet, there is no more need for a double swap on certain games, this has been changed to a single swap and Datel has tested over 100 import games which are all working perfectly we're told. We have also been sent along images of the final box, disc and manual. FreeLoader is available to buy from Divineo.co.uk for £9.95

batbeg

Er... they don't allow hotlinking, but that sounds like good news, right? I'm gonna check maxconsole I guess then.

EDIT: Holy shit are the people on that forum scumbags. Talking about pirating a damn disc to play imports? What the hell?

Chao

Mine is on the way, but I'll have to wait until March 20th to test it (a friend of mine who's on a trip to NY will be back around that date and will kindly bring me the Smash I need).

[Nintex]

I just placed an order at Gameseek.co.uk they seem to have in stock so I should have it around tuesday. I'm now searching for a good place to order Smash with only 52 euro left on my Paypal it might be a problem(stupid Play Asia for not having the Freeloader in stock :( ). Perhaps I should wait till monday and hope that the dollar will drop even more...

I could also choose for a cheaper shipping option. Should I just pick EMS speedpost instead of UPS?

Thomper

[Nintex] said:
I just placed an order at Gameseek.co.uk they seem to have in stock so I should have it around tuesday. I'm now searching for a good place to order Smash with only 52 euro left on my Paypal it might be a problem(stupid Play Asia for not having the Freeloader in stock :( ). Perhaps I should wait till monday and hope that the dollar will drop even more...

I could also choose for a cheaper shipping option. Should I just pick EMS speedpost instead of UPS?
VideoGamesPlus.com

Very quick shipping + the game will cost you 40 euro's max.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Question: all GC freeloaders have been disabled on Wii with firmware updates right? I have one here but it doesn't work with my PAL Wii anymore. Are there types/versions that do work?

Looks like Codejunkies' tendancy to not reply to mails, and the overall impressions of irregularity regarding their management of this whole thing finally got me : I just filled a contact form to cancel my order...The fact is, I would have loved to do so via their "return form", unfortunately, a kind of "bug" on their site is preventing from proceeding further... Talk about a sloppy service :/... In fact, what are the odds that they don't even take my request into account and charge me anyway :/ ?... Hopefully, I will have more luck with Divineo on getting this...

batbeg

Darunia said:
Question: all GC freeloaders have been disabled on Wii with firmware updates right? I have one here but it doesn't work with my PAL Wii anymore. Are there types/versions that do work?

None do, unfortunately.

I'm wondering, though, if the Gamecube games do not work with this Freeloader... does the Gamecube Freeloader work with it? :D It'd be inconvenient, but still more convenient than me buying a new Gamecube.

itxaka

Defeatist
Viddie said:
So, you just downloaded something? No stuffing around and it worked?
*cough* PROOF? *cough*

proof? Is out there and you can check it. It´s a bit tedious as you have to dump your games and it takes a while to do it via SD card plus you have to get a modchip so your patched copy run, but as I already modified my console when I ordered Zack&Wiki it doesn´t cost me anything.

BTW I received NMH USA yesterday and dump it, patch it and it´s running like hell. Awesome game + blood = totally worth it. And it cost me less than buying it here! I´ll wait for the freeloader impressions to compare.

lopaz

Banned
itxaka said:
proof? Is out there and you can check it. It´s a bit tedious as you have to dump your games and it takes a while to do it via SD card plus you have to get a modchip so your patched copy run, but as I already modified my console when I ordered Zack&Wiki it doesn´t cost me anything.

BTW I received NMH USA yesterday and dump it, patch it and it´s running like hell. Awesome game + blood = totally worth it. And it cost me less than buying it here! I´ll wait for the freeloader impressions to compare.

sorry, could you explain what this is about? I can't find the original posts about it

JudgeN

Just to give yall some warning Codejunkies is a poorly run site. You can buy items even thought there out of stock and they will never tell you there out of stock. I had the same problem with my service tool PSP battery application. I bought it and it never shipped for 2 weeks, so I sent them an email and they told me it was out of stock. For those of you on the order screen and it doesn't show any money taken off your card it most likely means its out of stock. Thats why they haven't charged you. Once its in stock (Which you have no idea when and they won't tell you either) you see your card charged and it should changed to shipped. Hope this helps and if its old information sorry :D

Damn, It's such apain that CodeJunkies haven't shipped my Freeloader, I ordered ages ago. I am tempted to order from divineo but they're charging 7.95 for shipping which is nearly as much as the freeloader itself, I just need it in time for ssbb as i'll buy a pal NMH on Friday.

Cherubae

JudgeN said:
Once its in stock (Which you have no idea when and they won't tell you either) you see your card charged and it should changed to shipped. Hope this helps and if its old information sorry :D

My FL has been changed to my card and I'm in the same boat as TreIII - received the email on the 6th stating it was shipped yet there isn't a recognized tracking number yet.

itxaka

Defeatist
lopaz said:
sorry, could you explain what this is about? I can't find the original posts about it

a wii region free program. It involves having a chip + dumping your game disc and patching, burning it and voilá, free region games as NMH with blood!

batbeg

itxaka said:
a wii region free program. It involves having a chip + dumping your game disc and patching, burning it and voilá, free region games as NMH with blood!

And you'd of course be 100% willing to prove you own said copy of No More Heroes?

Aurelius

Nobody tried it with NMH yet?
I bought is just for this game. After that, I don't really care if it gets disabled with a firmware update.
US NMH + Freeloader = still cheaper then retail copy of EUR NMH.

nmh.jpg

Dascu

JudgeN said:
Just to give yall some warning Codejunkies is a poorly run site. You can buy items even thought there out of stock and they will never tell you there out of stock. I had the same problem with my service tool PSP battery application. I bought it and it never shipped for 2 weeks, so I sent them an email and they told me it was out of stock. For those of you on the order screen and it doesn't show any money taken off your card it most likely means its out of stock. Thats why they haven't charged you. Once its in stock (Which you have no idea when and they won't tell you either) you see your card charged and it should changed to shipped. Hope this helps and if its old information sorry :D

Dammit. So that means I'll probably have to wait until they restock. My copy of NMH will be arriving tomorrow or so. The wait for Freeloader is going to be excruciating.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
JudgeN said:

Gah, I guess I am in the boat of waiting for them to re-stock..

damn my copy of no more heroes sitting here and taunting me with its luscious blood..

lopaz

Banned
Right, codejunkies is pissing me off, is there anywhere I can order it that will have it in stock right now?

I'm gonna give it till tomorrow, if it doesnt get dispatched by then, im gonna cancel. I ordered way back last thursday, what arse.

lopaz

Banned
dabookerman said:
I'm gonna give it till tomorrow, if it doesnt get dispatched by then, im gonna cancel. I ordered way back last thursday, what arse.

How the hell do I cancel? All I can see is "return" but since I don't have the item I'm not gonna be returning it

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Ok, now I'm getting really pissed off. I've mailed them asking why they haven't shipped yet despite my order had been placed about 15-20 minutes after they put the damn thing on sale.

Email them.

Fact is, is there a way to block them from taking money out of your card, I would cancel then order from somewhere else straight away, but they will probably not cancel and i will end up with two freeloaders

Rogultgot

Oh God, I hit return assuming it was cancel, ordered it from somewhere else, and now Codejunkies have taken £15 from me. Someone's getting an angry email, that's for sure.

Wizpig

dabookerman said:
Email them.

Fact is, is there a way to block them from taking money out of your card, I would cancel then order from somewhere else straight away, but they will probably not cancel and i will end up with two freeloaders
Problem is, Playasia is still ONLY preordering them, so there's no other place for me to order it.

batbeg

Rogultgot said:
Oh God, I hit return assuming it was cancel, ordered it from somewhere else, and now Codejunkies have taken £15 from me. Someone's getting an angry email, that's for sure.

They took £15 today? But... it's Sunday.

Rogultgot said:

Did they???

The way things are going I'll have Smash Bros b4 I have freeloader. Fucking codejunkies. I'll give them a few more days then I'll cancel probably.

Ramenman

I have the thread ready, but there's no way I'm going to post it before at least one gaffer has tested the thing.

Anyway if someone wants to make a banner, feel free to do so.

zoukka

So no shop has it in stock yet? Is it legal to not have a cancel option for your orders?? I mean wtf!

Still in process/unpaid/unshipped

Nocebo

I ordered at http://www.divineo.co.uk/ as I got tired of waiting for codejunkies to update my order status. Divineo had the freeloader status as "ships within 24 hours" meaning it supposedly was in stock. I hope they're not a bunch of filthy liars.

Nocebo

Kafel said:
Yes VG+ is a good place to order, I just hope they still have some SSBB copies.
Me too. I ordered a couple of days before release from videogamesplus, on sunday the status was set to "Preship status No cancelation". Which hopefully means they're preparing to ship it soon.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Nocebo said:
Me too. I ordered a couple of days before release from videogamesplus, on sunday the status was set to "Preship status No cancelation". Which hopefully means they're preparing to ship it soon.
Ordered from them on Wednesday or so, and got an email saying the same thing. Will probably ship later today.

Edit: Just saw this on their blog:

We just want to notify customers that we will not be accepting any cancellations on this item after 12pm est Saturday Mar 8, 2008. We will be working around the clock this weekend processing perorders for Monday morning shipping.

Oh yea, this is VGP not CodeJunkies or anything :lol

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
[Nintex] said:
My order from gameseek has the status: "packing"
So I think it'll be shipped today.

Okay so I have ordered from them now..

I have also e-mailed code-junkies to cancel my order because I sold my Wii.. I hope it works :D. Otherwise I will just be stuck with two freeloaders :lol

EDIT: Oh crap just read the post above.. :lol

[Nintex]

Label said:
Okay so I have ordered from them now..

I have also e-mailed code-junkies to cancel my order because I sold my Wii.. I hope it works :D. Otherwise I will just be stuck with two freeloaders :lol

EDIT: Oh crap just read the post above.. :lol
The "cancel" notice is from VGPlus not Codejunkies.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
[Nintex] said:
The "cancel" notice is from VGPlus not Codejunkies.

Ahh I see thanks, I was starting to get worried.

Maybe next time I should not jump to conclusions..

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I've mailed Codejunkies asking for my order to be canceled.
I'm fucking tired of waiting for no reason, without anyone answering my mails.

Jocchan said:
I've mailed Codejunkies asking for my order to be canceled.
I'm fucking tired of waiting for no reason, without anyone answering my mails.

I have done the same. I will not order the freeloader again till tomorrow. Many people will get theirs tomorrow, so at least we will know if it works or not.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
dabookerman said:
I have done the same. I will not order the freeloader again till tomorrow. Many people will get theirs tomorrow, so at least we will know if it works or not.

I doubt many more people will get it tomorrow, it seems to be a clusterfuck no matter where you ordered it from.

edit: My Ebay order just shipped, International orders says between 3 and 12 days :/

Top Bottom