• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

Xenoflare

Pretty sure just buying a single copy of either game and downloading the other two routes is still a bit cheaper, but the SE is still a hell of a lot more appealing for a variety of reasons.

it's not that cheaper though

True, but I'd rather have that and have two games on a single physical cart and one dlc campaign.

Nintendo's online store policy makes me weary about buying stuff on there.

Reset

If someone has all three versions. Could you answer these questions for me, sorry if they have already been answered.

1.How many characters are exclusive to each version? In the third canon version, do you have access to all the characters or do you get a different set of exclusive characters?

2.Are the maps shared and reused between the versions?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just want to see the customization options for Kamui/Corrin.

Sakura

Got it preloaded just waiting for midnight.
Though, once I get to the decision point, does it then download the rest, or is it all already predownloaded I just have to pay to get the other route?

Got it preloaded just waiting for midnight.
Though, once I get to the decision point, does it then download the rest, or is it all already predownloaded I just have to pay to get the other route?

I think both route are in preloaded that 3GB while the 3rd one is separate. So, it's just matter of getting the unlock key for the alternative path.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
If someone has all three versions. Could you answer these questions for me, sorry if they have already been answered.

1.How many characters are exclusive to each version? In the third canon version, do you have access to all the characters or do you get a different set of exclusive characters?

Can't answer 2 for you but the character exclusivity is shown on the official site for the two base versions. Bottom 5 are mutual to both.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/character/index.html

3rd route DLC is not out yet so no one knows.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hey, if you say choose Hoshido, you *can* download Nohr side of the campaign as DLC right? So you don't actually need to go out and purchase the Nohr cart right? And the 3rd campaign as well. So it is possible to get all three of them even if you buy only one version of the cart yeah?

Draxal

Hey, if you say choose Hoshido, you *can* download Nohr side of the campaign as DLC right? So you don't actually need to go out and purchase the Nohr cart right? And the 3rd campaign as well. So it is possible to get all three of them even if you buy only one version of the cart yeah?

Yes.

Xenoflare

Yes, the total should be around $80 US if you are not considering taxes.

L95

Yes.

Also, in Japan, anyway, you get a 50% discount on the route you didn't buy first.

NeonZ

No one can answer that for sure right now, since people haven't completed the game yet and the data of some characters is odd and doesn't make it clear if they're really playable or not, or their status as exclusives.

Up to chapter 5, it's the same maps for each game. Chapter six is the same map but with different unit placement and goals. From seventh and on all main story maps have been exclusive based on what has been seen so far (although there should be
more reused Gaiden maps based on the leaked data, alongside
exclusive ones for each version).

Third route seemingly gives you
all main characters (the royal siblings) but doesn't give you all secondary characters - (story spoilers) there's a shared recruitable character who's described as dying in a leaked chapter summary from a text dump. Presumably, the same happens to others too.
Exclusive playable characters for the third route are unconfirmed at this point, but there are exclusive villains.

Can't answer 2 for you but the character exclusivity is shown on the official site for the two base versions. Bottom 5 are mutual to both.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/character/index.html

3rd route DLC is not out yet so no one knows.
That's not the full character line up.

Xenoflare

Can you marry Camilla MY PURCHASE OF THIS GAME HINGES ON THIS

Not only that Camilla
has probably one of the most lewd face rubbing dialogue, like, don't let other people hear you when you are playing that part. I am not joking

I think this game actually just went to Idea Factory level of *ahem*.

Zane

Not only that Camilla
has probably one of the most lewd face rubbing dialogue, like, don't let other people hear you when you are playing that part. I am not joking

I think this game actually just went to Idea Factory level of *ahem*.

329oZMK.gif

video please

Sakura

I can't wait to marry my imouto.

Too bad the third route isn't out until mid-July. I wanted to play it right after I was done the Nohr route.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I must admit I'm curious to see how Nintendo handles DLC (assuming they have at the very least the 'take away the grind' options like infinite gold, xp, and weapons) among the two versions, though I suppose that might be a bit premature at this point.

That could really alter Nohr's storyline, unless they retain the 'no xp gained outside the story aspect until after you've beaten the game, and throw in a post-game or something?

Curious.

Xenoflare

Xenoflare. Does the story make sense w/o dlc ending? Like do you get a bad ending or an unsatisfactory one? I'm assuming you finished it...

No, I don't have the game and my Japanese is not well enough for me to enjoy games :/ I'm just on top of whatever is leaking outside from the streams.

Sorry.

No, I don't have the game and my Japanese is not well enough for me to enjoy games :/ I'm just on top of whatever is leaking outside from the streams.

Sorry.
Ah that's fine. Thanks anyway. I just hope that the 3rd storyline isn't as important to the mainline or is a whole new group that comes to fight. I don't want an unfinished fire emblem story; it just feels wrong.

Xenoflare

Ah that's fine. Thanks anyway. I just hope that the 3rd storyline isn't as important to the mainline or is a whole new group that comes to fight. I don't want an unfinished fire emblem story; it just feels wrong.

I am pretty certain that the Hoshido/Nohr story will have nice closures, it's just that the 3rd chapter is the cliched

Gather all your friends and fight evil so everyone live happily together.

I do not like the idea of that, locking the
"true" ending behind a paywall

So...what are the early impressions on map design in both Hoshido and Nohr? I didn't get a chance to see any footage of people who have the game.

Top Bottom