• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First trailer for Netflix's Castlevania animated series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

I mean, Devil May Cry and Bayonetta were trash. I don't have high hopes for this but maybe Warren Ellis can prove me wrong.

TheRancor

They are producing it and handling all creative stuff. The animation itself is probably Japan or Korea.
Surprisingly it isn't? Seems to be by Powerhouse Animation. If there is further outsourcing, then I'm not aware of it yet.

http://www.powerhouseanimation.com/traditional-animation/

They also made a Facebook post about it
Powerhouse Animation Studios said:
For the past 18 months we have been hard at work on a top secret project and we are so thrilled that we FINALLY get to share it with you all. Powerhouse Animation, along with our friends at Frederator Studios & Netflix, has been working on the brand new Netflix Original Series: CASTLEVANIA! We will be sharing more info about this series as it is released so please make sure to LIKE our Facebook page so that we can keep you posted on more details as we can share. We are so proud of this series and can't wait for you to see it. Our staff has worked so very hard this past year and a half, and although we can't name all of them here special props go out to Samuel Deats, Adam Deats, Spencer Wan, Adam Conarroe, & Robby Johnson for their especially hard work. We also want to thank Kevin Kolde & Adi Shankar for giving us this amazing opportunity. Stay tuned for more announcements, but for now check out the official trailer for Castlevania and mark your calendars for its release: Friday, July 7th! #castlevania

Here's some animation by Spencer Wan, one of the guys mentioned above.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
New piece of key art out of Japan~ :D

Irc0s7y.jpg
That looks awesome.

This looks extremely good.
Good because netflix has kinda sucked balls this year so far. Okja>castlevania back to bavk already look like safe bets

Also, this being made netflix, will this be the first non fully cg anime to come out in 4k/hdr?
Why does Dracula look constipated?
He had a bloody mary

duckroll

Samuel Deats expanded on actual roles of the staff mentioned in the Facebook post in his tumblr account. He is directing the series, while Adam Deats is the assistant director, Spencer Wan is the animation director, and Robby Johnson is the lead background designer.

butman

It's like seeing Vampire Hunter X having sex with Castlevania III

Also, why are there so few posts in this thread?

D.Lo

Looks solid. Better than the last seven Castlevania games, at least.

Was kind of lame the intro has an NES repro cart, I mean yeah it's pretending to be homebrew but make it a CV3 cart dudes...

eXistor

I might finally cave and get Netflix.

Was kind of lame the intro has an NES repro cart, I mean yeah it's pretending to be homebrew but make it a CV3 cart dudes...

Yeah first thing on my mind, at least use an actual Castlevania game.

D.Lo

IGA put out a timeline and that game's not on it, for the reasons outlined above.
Igarashi's petty (aka ditching games not made by him) timeline was one of the biggest reasons a lot of people soured on him. Great stuff like Circle of the Moon/Castlevania 64 removed, but his garish turd Harmony of Dissonance makes the cut.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Igarashi's petty (aka ditching games not made by him) timeline was one of the biggest reasons a lot of people soured on him. Great stuff like Circle of the Moon/Castlevania 64 removed, but his garish turd Harmony of Dissonance makes the cut.

Counterpoint: people are dumb.

duckroll

Really? A lot of people soured on him because of a timeline of Castlevania games presented as part of marketing? Damn and here I thought people soured on him because his games just fucking sucked. Well at least people soured on him right? It would suck if he came back with some stupid Kickstarter and made off with millions of dollars or something.

Are you sure it's the timeline that's petty?

Your accusation also assumes he made every game that came before Symphony.

Keasar

Looks aight. I mean, it's still owned by Konami and probably is a cheap cashi~

Written by Warren Ellis.
Vg67urP.png

I gotta see this day one.

Raitaro

Yep, I'm IN! This looks far beyond what I allowed myself to expect! I love the art style and overall look and even the music sounds fitting and awesome. Hopefully it even leads to Castlevania coming back in gaming form as well beyond Bloodstained (and Simon in Smash!).

Why does Dracula look constipated?

Because he poops blood sausages? Ok, I've just grossed myself out with that. Apologies.

Samuel Deats expanded on actual roles of the staff mentioned in the Facebook post in his tumblr account. He is directing the series, while Adam Deats is the assistant director, Spencer Wan is the animation director, and Robby Johnson is the lead background designer.

What is Adi Shankar's role again? I thought he was the director. Is he the general creative lead then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom