• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kassu

Banned
While Arsenal is still trying to get top of the league cigars back, my local team actually won our first trophy of this year.

kk5j410.png

It was our own tournament lol

Linius

Yeah, probably not. 'Mainstream' american comedies rarely do it for me. I'm more of a Seinfeld/Curb/Veep guy.

Btw, watch Veep. The show's amazing.

Just because it's on Fox doesn't really make it mainstream. It's just another comedy struggeling with it's ratings hoping to survive :(

Wilbur

Banned
pls

Ajax - Arjen, FeD.nL, Wessiej, Linius, Baconsaurus Rex
Barcelona - Pig'sBladderFan, Messi, OriginalThinking, Verano, AndresON777, Linius, Fady K, keit4, Razor554, TheOneWhoKnocks, R10Neymarfan
Bayern München - Antioch, Blablurn, Jupp, Schweini, Gambit, Hasphat'sAnts, Hieberrr, kingslunk, Nemic77, spidye, fuenf, El Idiota, Kenka, Jack cw, derwalde
Juventus - .Shodan, Charles, fadetoblack, Rikkun, Shake Appeal, Smeghead, Yurt, Zabojnik, Korez, Into, cremino, Cuth, Cuddler, Shanks D Zoro, Manp, pulga
Man City - BattleMedic, confuziz, dc89, Manager, Meier, Mangoverboard, Prison_Mike, Kun Aguero
Man Utd - Ashes1396, BLSwagger10, blurrygil, Brinbe, Cyport, Desmond, doicare, DominoKid, Dynoro, elfinke, Fëanor, Grover Cleveland, Jburton, K1LLER7, kharma45, KidA Seven, LabouredSubterfuge, LanceVance, magnificent83, MrPing1000, pappe, pslayer666, Requiem, Salazar, Slizz, Snaku, Stubo, Soi-Fong, The Friendly Monster, Tim the Wiz, Tunic, UFCLOL, Vivalaraza, Wilbury, WJD, yella, deGod, shortyme, Kikarian, scently, brokenbeans, thaOwner, Mr Cola, Clegg, noal, Naughty God, Hellraizer
Real Madrid - Madridista, bud23, Madridy, MPW, Noirulus, PantyPhantom, Spanish Wrath, FaK, RichieS99, Koko, Suen, Relaxed Muscle, WAR recon zero, DerZuhälter, Frustrated_me, Raptor, Turok_ITK, Dark Rider, pulga

Yen

Henderson has had surgery on a broken wrist (from when he hit the barriers against Arsenal). Might play tomorrow, will play on with a cast.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Didnt see the goal? Your barca hate is redic...

I'm not hating on Barca! I genuinely don't care about them.

it was just an observation :p how many times is he going to 'come back'. He returned two weeks ago, and in style.

Mastadon

Banned
Henderson has had surgery on a broken wrist (from when he hit the barriers against Arsenal). Might play tomorrow, will play on with a cast.

Ah just leave him out, no need to risk him. I'd like to see Gerrard, Allen and Teixeria.

Zabojnik

Just because it's on Fox doesn't really make it mainstream. It's just another comedy struggeling with it's ratings hoping to survive :(

Mainstream probably isn't the right word for it. I don't know, pedestrian, maybe? I just didn't found the humour to be anything special or particularly well-crafted, witty, sofisticated. Wasn't bad by any means and some episodes were better than others (episode 1 I liked in particular, even though they showed all the best jokes in the trailer). I liked the characters per se, but I just didn't get much enjoyment and laughs out of it as the episodes went by and dropped it. Might finish the first season sometime in the future.

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

Hero, not missed a single minute with it while Fellaini was out for about a year. Couldn't even tell he was hurt after he did it

As Mastafarian said, give him a rest tomorrow if needs be

Linius

Mainstream probably isn't the right word for it. I don't know, pedestrian, maybe? I just didn't found the humour to be anything special or particularly well-crafted, witty, sofisticated. Wasn't bad by any means and some episodes were better than others (episode 1 I liked in particular, even though they showed all the best jokes in the trailer). I liked the characters per se, but I just didn't get much enjoyment and laughs out of it as the episodes went by and dropped it. Might finish the first season sometime in the future.

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

That's nice of you :p

But I see your point. It's completely different from shows like Archer or Louie for example. The jokes are very present, you don't really have to think things trough because it's in your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom