• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Jupp ever use a false nine?

Have you ever seen a manager so willingly play mindnumbingly boring football, as when Del Bossque played Fabregas as a false nine at Euro 2012, and they basically ended up playing 4-6-0?

Think Jupp pretty much always had Gomez or Mandzukic leading the line. Not sure the role chaged much when their backups played

Viva, one thing I love about Adnan is how he uses his chest control to get past defenders.
icWIY2bExDx6m.gif

Newcastle defenders. might as well be playing a Primavera squad.

pulga

Banned
What's the actual difference between Atletico and Athletic in Spanish? They're both Basque, so that's my Basque/Catalonian assumption out the window :p

Athletic doesn't exist in spanish, it's simply the same english word you all already know. Franco forced them to change their name to Atletico de Bilbao for a while because he was dead set against having foreign words in the spanish teams' names.

and what do you mean they're both Basque?!

cremino

OT19| Mistaken Identiteh

Still a bit confused as to why Bayern made no attempt to exploit the weaknesses Man Utd have shown all season, instead opting to just play keep-ball. 1-1 makes them clear favourites, but they'd have had the tie over with if they'd just let Man Utd have a bit of the ball, play themselves into a position where they're not so compact, then nicking the ball and breaking with speed.

Even when they penned Man Utd in like City did, they never had the intensity on the ball to make it feel like they could force a goal at any point. It was a bit lethargic tbh.

Spot on

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hitcher, baby

Athletico Madrid is in Madrid

-

Just killed someone called Chicharito something in Dark Souls.

Sent him a FORZA MOYES message

Athletic doesn't exist in spanish, it's simply the same english word you all already know. Franco forced them to change their name to Atletico de Bilbao for a while because he was dead set against having foreign words in the spanish teams' names.

and what do you mean they're both Basque?!

:lol, I always assumed Madrid was Basque, apparently not.

Could have sworn I read an article about the Catalonia/Basque thing being one of the reasons behind the Real/Barca rivalry. Must have imagined it :p

Meier

Nothing worse than coaching in the Premier League in FM. These fuckers always want new deals. 4 years left on a deal, you shouldn't be demanding a 3-5x raise. *grumbles*

Yen

I've watched most of the CL knockout games with one of my friends who is a complete Pep/Barca fanboy. Painful. "They play football the right way" "look how exciting this intricate football is"
(as Bayern/Barca pass the ball from wing to wing, and don't do a single positive, offensive thing with it)
"Barca 09 were the greatest team ever, no flaws" eesh

Scum

Nothing worse than coaching in the Premier League in FM. These fuckers always want new deals. 4 years left on a deal, you shouldn't be demanding a 3-5x raise. *grumbles*
FM > Real life Footy.

His WC could change things but I would think no less than £20m given his age and output over the last two years in England.

Thought as much. Still, would love him at Tottingham, even though he'll never want to join us. ;_;

I hear ya, helps to have your squad consist mostly of players you've had since they were 20-23. It's new players that are assholes and demand ridiculous contracts.

"Yeah this player would LOVE to play for your team but he demands at least 15M a year so he can feed his kids."
Why don't you fuck off the edge of my dick?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I've watched most of the CL knockout games with one of my friends who is a complete Pep/Barca fanboy. Painful. "They play football the right way" "look how exciting this intricate football is"
(as Bayern/Barca pass the ball from wing to wing, and don't do a single positive, offensive thing with it)
"Barca 09 were the greatest team ever, no flaws" eesh
This is why I hate their fans irl. Condescending and more often than not, know fuck all about football.

The greatest team 'ever' is Sacchi's Milan.

155010.jpg

No weaknesses.

both of them 5-0'd Madrid as well looool

Elchele

Did Jupp ever use a false nine?

we had Mandzukic, Pizarro and Gomez back then so it was a bit difficult, but he did play Mueller as lone striker in some match. But it was after taking Mandzukic or Pizarro out of the pitch, in the last minutes

actually I think it was during one of the vs Barcelona matches. he scored a goal in that moment

Semis of the CL, is it?

Hell yeah, the final was even better. I posted it before but..

Got in front with 3 goals

Hell yeah I thought and was actually dominating posession, but then City scored two quick goals and I went into my usual CL "EVERYONE INSIDE THE BOX" tactic. It led to some... Hectic moments

ipxvP4HwtkOuW.gif

But it did end up working. 3 shots, 3 goals.

sQmhYxz.png

Razor554

Barca 09 were the greatest team ever
This part is true though.

We had Henry/Eto'o/Messi trio
Xavi/Iniesta in their prime
Abidal/Puyol/Alves in their prime

We also had Busquets and Yaya fucking Toure

2-6 at Santiago Burnacow

HNNNNGGGGG

Razor554

Barca 09 were the greatest team ever
This part is true though.

We had Henry/Eto'o/Messi trio
Xavi/Iniesta in their prime
Abidal/Puyol/Alves in their prime

We also had Yaya fucking Toure

2-6 at Santiago Burnacow

HNNNNGGGGG

cremino

This is why I hate their fans irl. Condescending and more often than not, know fuck all about football.

155010.jpg

No weaknesses.

Funny how Roma sold Ancelotti to Milan because they thought he was finished (he was Roma captain too at the time)....

subtles

The beauty of conceding possession and still winning the game.

Please join Solbakken's technical staff Wooden.

P.S

Your team's URL must be flagged often.

Suen

Cassano is not even in your squad for Roma's

WHAT THE FUCK SUEN?!? Give the brown envelopes back!
Did you see what he did against Juve? Fuck nothing. Did you see what he did against Lazio? Fuck nothing except a lucky goal and only because of a miscommunication between some Lazio defender and Marchetti.

He's our best player, we're fucked

Scum

155010.jpg

No weaknesses.

both of them 5-0'd Madrid as well looool

This team. Damn!
tumblr_lup3caczVd1qhdupc.gif

Hell yeah, the final was even better. I posted it before but..

Got in front with 3 goals

Hell yeah I thought and was actually dominating posession, but then City scored two quick goals and I went into my usual CL "EVERYONE INSIDE THE BOX" tactic. It led to some... Hectic moments

ipxvP4HwtkOuW.gif

But it did end up working. 3 shots, 3 goals.

sQmhYxz.png

loooool.
Dat Dybala, though. :O

Suen

Yurt...

Paletta, Lucarelli and Gargano are all unavailable for Roma. That's our entire defense gone (no I don't count the other shit defenders we have) and our midfield becoming even more dead than what it already is.

Why are they even travelling to Rome, just fucking stay at home and give away three points :loooooooooool

SerieA-GAF, explain some things to me pls

1) How did Saachi's Milan, possibly the greatest team of all time, only win 1 league title in a 3 year period in which they won 2 European cups?
2) What happened to Saachi that made it so he didn't win a single trophy since 1990?

Could you describe his Milan success as lightning in a bottle?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt...

Paletta, Lucarelli and Gargano are all unavailable for Roma. That's our entire defense gone (no I don't count the other shit defenders we have) and our midfield becoming even more dead than what it already is.

Why are they even travelling to Rome, just fucking stay at home and give away three points :loooooooooool

LOOOOOOOOL$#%U#$
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Spalletti deserved one :( At least based Fabio got one for them.

deserved two, fuck Merda.

Yen

2) What happened to Saachi that made it so he didn't win a single trophy since 1990?

His ideas definitely wouldn't work now* with the modern offside rule, I know that much.

*i know next to nothing about him, bar this**
**Oh, and I think he was Rafa's hero

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
SerieA-GAF, explain some things to me pls

1) How did Saachi's Milan, possibly the greatest team of all time, only win 1 league title in a 3 year period in which they won 2 European cups?

Could you describe his Milan success as lightning in a bottle?

1-Maradona, Trapattoni's Inter and Vialli's....Sampdoria! He went on to coach Italy after that.

I'll leave the rest for Milan GAF.

Ancelotti had to miss the 1982 WC becuse of an injury
I discovered Moggi was Roma's director of football when they bought him from Parma
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvLELcg0h5km4AmrKKhOrVaCKFzqOv9qF3Nh9K97iV9_32lMzL[IMG] [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUvklgJt7CX-VWwwxv_PuSGixQIRemJ-G108lVUdUoqFs5mScGug[IMG]
[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlJH5hV5r0JUGeiDXFM7viqa0SqCEkmIi_1XXquIUftE75lM4SHg[IMG] [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkCEsP2ptzf9rpoOZ3yPKG6Ogw66yxHW2YD_Gvdv9Q9iToI9ngUA[IMG][/QUOTE]
Carlo looks like a fucking boss. You can see the raised eyebrow developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom