• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

I haven't seen you in forever dc. Shame Europe don't respect the Citizens yet.

Speaking of which, I remember (as a kid) a few students asked our West Ham supporting English teacher the difference between City and United. He said most of the people in Manchester support City while United had the bulk of it's fanbase situated outside.

The kids who supported United made fun of West Ham's results every other weekend from that point on. :lol

TeddyBoy

I haven't seen you in forever dc. Shame Europe don't respect the Citizens yet.

Speaking of which, I remember (as a kid) a few students asked our West Ham supporting English teacher the difference between City and United. He said most of the people in Manchester support City while United had the bulk of it's fanbase situated outside.

The kids who supported United made fun of West Ham's results every other weekend from that point on. :lol

I'm pretty sure that's a commonly held opinion on the difference between City and United. I've heard those exact same words before.

Also heard those words to describe the difference between Everton and Liverpool. I'm not totally sure how much truth there is in either saying tbh.

FootballFan

Heja BVB. I seriously hope they will kick Madrids ass. Too bad Lewa is not there.

Schweinsteiger's goal was beautiful.
Such technique.
Much wow.

At least Bayern have positive result.
Barcelona have it all to do, even though we did in fact play quite well today.

timthumb.php

This is why I hate their fans irl. Condescending and more often than not, know fuck all about football.

The greatest team 'ever' is Sacchi's Milan.

155010.jpg

No weaknesses.

both of them 5-0'd Madrid as well looool
I love some good nostalgic pics to begin the day with. I'm also about to cry but that's another thing.

Dat Oranje Trio. Dat Baresi. Dat Maldini. Dat Tassotti. And everybody else, really.

Capello's Milan was some sort of mythological beast as well. Savicevic, Boban, Massaro, Desailly, Rossi just to name a few.
SerieA-GAF, explain some things to me pls

1) How did Saachi's Milan, possibly the greatest team of all time, only win 1 league title in a 3 year period in which they won 2 European cups?
2) What happened to Saachi that made it so he didn't win a single trophy since 1990?

Could you describe his Milan success as lightning in a bottle?
1) Berlusconi always put international cups ahead of the Serie A/Coppa Italia, and especially in his first years he wanted to make Milan a much more succesful club outside of Italy. That's why Milan in the past 28 years or so has always had a soft spot for the CL.
2) He left Milan and returned when we were shit.

Blablurn

Schweinsteiger's goal was beautiful.
Such technique.
Much wow.

At least Bayern have positive result.
Barcelona have it all to do, even though we did in fact play quite well today.

I'm still destroyed by the whole outcome. There are no words. Well there are. But they would only get me banned.

raiot

What happened yesterday? As I said, I could not watch the game, I only had my lifescore addicts app to keep me up to date, and this app does not provide further match information beside goals and cards...

He was like a child playing a football match on a playground "Look at me, I can lob the keeper like Messi!"

It doesn't irritate me that he didn't get the technique quite right because that's difficult. It's that it was completely the wrong option in every sense. Even if he'd got it over Neuer, Martinez would probably have cleared it.

It doesn't irritate me that he didn't get the technique quite right because that's difficult. It's that it was completely the wrong option in every sense. Even if he'd got it over Neuer, Martinez would probably have cleared it.

Someone else here said the right he should of done. He should have smashed the ball like Defoe.

FootballFan

Cavani tracks back a lot. He is a real workhorse and he'll need to because he has to help out Jallet against chelski's tricky wingers. Lavezzi tracks a little, but not as much as cavani does. One thing i'm a sure of is that our midfield trio will nullify their midfield totally and especially considering that they're going to be missing Matic. I'm just worried about Hazard really.

I was kidding about Cavani, didn't think you'd catch it. When it comes to hard working strikers, Cavani is top. The fact he scores so much makes him that much better.

Pls tell Ibra to leave so Cavani can do his thing.

Blablurn

You know what bothered me most yesterday? That we most of the time didn't really try to create chances when we had the ball, nor did we try any counters (even though we had the opportunity).

Anyway, hopefully things will work out in Munich. For a match like yesterday Thiago would've been perfect. :(

It was alright. We didnt need to worry about the amount of chances if ManU werent lucky with that corner. Besides that Wellback fuck up it was their only chance. If we had won 1:0 everything would have been great. We always score. Their goal was just unnessecary.

subtles

It was alright. We didnt need to worry about the amount of chances if ManU werent lucky with that corner. Besides that Wellback fuck up it was their only chance. If we had won 1:0 everything would have been great. We always score. Their goal was just unnessecary.
I don't understand why a properly taken set piece with no men on the posts would be considered lucky?

Was really proud of the fans last night they were brilliant.

It's nice knowing we have something to play for in the second leg.

Jack cw

Man, so glad we scored that goal. United was doing the best they could and defended like no tomorrow. Kudos for that performance. Wasnt beautiful but very effective. Normally, we would have lost a game like this, but at least we had a plan b. Bayern didnt play bad, but Müller was wasted and thank god Schweinsteiger is suspended in the second leg, beacuse I havent seen such a slow pace Bayern. Anyway, United needs to score, thats why parking the bus again in Munich could be dangerous.

Man, so glad we scored that goal. United was doing the best they could and defended like no tomorrow. Kudos for that performance. Wasnt beautiful but very effective. Normally, we would have lost a game like this, but at least we had a plan b. Bayern didnt play bad, but Müller was wasted and thank god Schweinsteiger is suspended in the second leg, beacuse I havent seen such a slow pace Bayern. Anyway, United needs to score, thats why parking the bus again in Munich could be dangerous.

We will attack when necessary we have too, we have to score because we know you will.

Jack cw

We will attack when necessary we have too, we have to score because we know you will.

I hope so, because we will go for the win, but to get another goal because nobody covering Vidic would be hilarious. This space oriented defending broke our back against Chelsea too.

Jack cw

Schweinsteiger is offically dead now. Will never wear an avatar of him again. Old, slow and simply surpassed by Thiago. So sad, that he injured his knee :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom