• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metro.co.uk(?) is reporting the deal is done.

"Hulk’s agent Teldoro Fonseca said: ‘It is up to the club to communicate this information.’ But tellingly, he did not deny the report."

And yet Hulk was at training today and Spalletti was talking about his involvement in next week's game.

And no media in Russia have reported anything on this.

I wouldn't care if he leaves anyway. As I've made known around here, I'm not exactly Hulk's biggest fan.

L1NETT

Harry Redknapp?

The guy who buys players your club can't afford, spends ludricous wages on bog average foreign idiots, makes deadline day into some sort of diehard chase scene, makes awful substitutions consistently, has 90s tactics, ruins clubs with his mental financial ploys.

Ask Pompey and QPR fans how good Harry Knobface is. Utter slime of a man.

Wilbur

Banned
Popping in to say Timber, I really like the Celtic shirt on the top of last page of last OT.

Also give me Bale and Modric

Shagwell

New thread already? Shit, footy-gaf is the most poppin community on these forums.

Could I get added to the Liverpool fans please?

Add me to the Liverpool list please.

FIVES! Welcome. You'll never lean alone
nplcCHq.jpg

Pachimari

There is no saga. The saga ended when AVB turned down PSG because the chairman said Bale was staying. Next summer Bale may be available, this summer there is nothing to talk about.

Yes, and now you are managed by someone with even fewer trophies than 'Arry. You're on the decline, baby.

That's how I felt 2 weeks ago. Especially after he signed up to be the face of Premier League.

K1LLER7

Now that is a signing I can see happening. Ticks all the boxes and I doubt Madrid care whether he stays or not.

Illamendri in, Modric out?

I think he'll stay.

I doubt there's much in any of the moves being reported. It'll just be Gary we sign.

Pachimari

Yesterday Sergio Ramos cut his vacation short, and today Casillas did the same. Great to see. Marcelo is apparently also training hard in his vacation.

K1LLER7

I can't wait when all of the utd fans start to jump the boat and start supporting City.

I'll be joining you at PSG.

Recall this time last season, Viva pledged his support to Madrid and Lego(?) to Dortmund, because we missed out on Lucas.

Pachimari

Great to see the guys back in training:

Hkn7TEd.jpg

I'm so excited for the new season. And our transfers have been perfect so far, especially Illarramendi and Carvajal.

jesalr

The same redknapp that signed bale, took them from relegation contenders to champions league contenders? Yeah what a shit manager

Eh? That was Big Martin Jol. Redknapp wanted to sell Bale to Forrest.

Also, we apparently saved £2m on the extras we had to pay for Bale, as well as removing the 25% sell on fee Southampton had because they were so desperate for cash at one point.

panty

I just want something big to happen. Be it Suarez to Arsenal or Real, Bale to Real or ManU, Rooney to Chelsea or home.

Also offload Adan, Kaka and Coentrao somewhere and I'm happy.

Great to see the guys back in training:

Hkn7TEd.jpg

I'm so excited for the new season. And our transfers have been perfect so far, especially Illarramendi and Carvajal.

All the training photos make me so giddy.

Awww yiissss

faridmon

You know I don't pull any punches when it comes to your... whatever, Frey, but I like that title. Don't listen to the naysayers. They either lost a player to your team or lost a player to a french team.

Pachimari

I just want something big to happen. Be it Suarez to Arsenal or Real, Bale to Real or ManU, Rooney to Chelsea or home.

Also offload Adan, Kaka and Coentrao somewhere and I'm happy.

Adán will surely be a goner. Jesús also wants out. So it's probably gonna be Casillas, Lopez and Mejias next season. Hopefully we will accept Monaco's offer and ship out Coentrao as well, if he don't want to stay, let him leave.

Kaká will stay unfortunately with them trying to instil some confidence in him again. And nobody wants him with his huge wages. =(

Salvadora

Modric is a pretty achievable target, at least compared to the others.

I can see Madrid selling, too. They should go all out.

Wilbur

Banned
Modric would actually be my absolute muppet signing. Wanted him for years, would tick every box for what we need (bar goals I guess, but he's capable of some stunners from distance). I think he's amazing.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Just noticed BATE were beaten at home by a Kazakhstan side in the first leg of their Champions League 2nd Round Qualifier. Nooo, BATE. :(

Pachimari

Modric is a pretty achievable target, at least compared to the others.

I can see Madrid selling, too. They should go all out.

We won't sell. Real Madrid is not a selling club and I'm sure Ancelotti will find good use of Modric's abilities. He haven't failed at our club and has actually improved the further along the season went. There's absolutely no chance he's leaving, especially after the amount of cash we payed for his services last summer.

Take Kaká from us.

Polari

Thought this was good:

Papiss Cisse fined for refusing to wear shirt showing Newcastle club sponsor Wonga.

Initial fine of £5,000, rising to £47,987,654,334 if he hasn't paid by Friday.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Gonna watch Libertadores final just because of Ronnie, hoping for some of his magic.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
:looool Fc Korky Buchet

Can't believe the CL has started so early.
The wee teams like us effectively have to win a tournament between us just to get in to the part where you and the rest of the world starts paying attention. Three fucking rounds. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom