• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

kharma45

I don't think Adnan is ready for such a big game. He's n better form than all ooer wide options though. Normally I'd want Kagawa to start, but against Arsenal we've always done well by selecting two natural wingers and getting them to see the game. Unfortunately, that means Young. But he's shithouse so won't be picked. I reackon Kagawa or Nani will start on the left and Valencia on the right.

Adnan may be a bit raw but at least he'll have the balls to have a go unlike the likes of Young.

K1LLER7

They're already 8 points clear.

Will go 11 ahead if they beat us.
Oh, didn't realise they were that far ahead :O

I'd rather start Adnan on the right and Shinji on the left and let them drift around. Nani I just feel will do his usual.

Nani usually does well VS Arsenal. Wouldn't mind Shinji playing either but I think Nani will get the nod.

Hope Carrick is back. Carrick and Fellani/Cleverley.

K1LLER7

I don't think Adnan is ready for such a big game. He's in better form than all other wide options though. Normally I'd want Kagawa to start, but against Arsenal we've always done well by selecting two natural wingers and getting them to see the game. Unfortunately, that means Young. But he's shithouse so won't be picked. Don't know who we'll choose on the left. Kagawa and Evra linked up well against Sociedad, but Shinji won't hold the width on the wing so that works against the tactics we usually employ against Arsenal.

He'll have to play in them sooner or later. If the players good enough, then he should play imo. He'll learn from it too.

The likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Wilshere were all playing big games at his age. I'm sure he'll cope.

jtb

Banned
iirc, the 8-2 was the only time Wenger has ever scored more than one goal at Old Trafford. which is a pretty telling stat, I think. we'll have to soak up a lot of pressure and disrupt the rhythm of the game as much as possible, regardless.

valeo

BYa26g9CIAE7P7S.jpg

iirc, the 8-2 was the only time Wenger has ever scored more than one goal at Old Trafford. which is a pretty telling stat, I think. we'll have to soak up a lot of pressure and disrupt the rhythm of the game as much as possible, regardless.

Wrong. Abou Diaby and Arshavin scored at Old Trafford in 2009 ;)

That game still pisses me off to this day. Looking at our team back then - it's like night and day compared to the current crop"

Arsenal
01 Almunia
03 Sagna
05 Vermaelen
10 Gallas
22 Clichy
27 Eboue (Bendtner 71)
02 Diaby
15 Denilson (Eduardo 79)
17 Song Billong
23 Arshavin (Ramsey 81)
11 Van Persie

Only ones in that team I still rate are RvP (though he's on the way down now) and Sagna. (Ramsey too obviously)

Ramsey is undroppable in current form. If Flamini is fit, I expect Arteta to be dropped.

No. Arteta is one of the most important cogs in our side and him and Flamini compliment each other. Ramsey has been great - obviously - but I still think his general work around the pitch could be improved.

Don't think we'll see Flams rushed back in.

Think Walcott will be on the bench though - which gives us another great option.

Wilbur

Banned

Outplayed cokey Jack last year fam

Genuinely want to kill myself for thinking it but maybe Young should start. Pretty good against Arsenal usually, quick on the break and defends his wing. If you could guarantee good performances I'd go for Young and Valencia but you can't, so Adnan will do.

Nani would be a solid choice as well. If Carrick isn't back we're fucked. And he's still been shit this year.

Lightning

Banned
What I'm enjoying the most is we are bouncing back after shitty results so far this season. Remember after Schakle dicked us last season a few bad results followed. Not the case so far this season.

jtb

Banned
BYa26g9CIAE7P7S.jpg

Wrong. Abou Diaby and Arshavin scored at Old Trafford in 2009 ;)

That game still pisses me off to this day. Looking at our team back then - it's like night and day compared to the current crop"

Arsenal
01 Almunia
03 Sagna
05 Vermaelen
10 Gallas
22 Clichy
27 Eboue (Bendtner 71)
02 Diaby
15 Denilson (Eduardo 79)
17 Song Billong
23 Arshavin (Ramsey 81)
11 Van Persie

Only ones in that team I still rate are RvP (though he's on the way down now) and Sagna. (Ramsey too obviously)

Well, I think a lot of those players have gotten considerably worse over the past few years—namely, Gallas and Vermaelen. That's a pretty solid back four (fucking Almunia though.......). Denilson and Song were and continue to be shit.

That was back when Arshavin was simply godly though. I don't know what happened. It's a fucking tragedy. Wenger.... why :'(

Fergie

Banned
Well, I think a lot of those players have gotten considerably worse over the past few years—namely, Gallas and Vermaelen. That's a pretty solid back four (fucking Almunia though.......). Denilson and Song were and continue to be shit.

That was back when Arshavin was simply godly though. I don't know what happened. It's a fucking tragedy. Wenger.... why :'(
Played really well today vs Porto as well, changed the match for Zenit attack wise, then comes out and calls out Hulk. Hilarious, and he was right. Hulk was atrocious apart from that goal he scored.

so, i don't bet on Arsenal matches for a couple of weeks, they lose 2 matches. i now bet on their match, they win.

why do i hold such power?

valeo

We got the better Everton player - Arteta >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fellaini. Different players, mind you.

Best panic buy of all time.

Lightning

Banned
Well done Arsenal. Hope you win the league... with us in the top 4. Fuxk Spurs.
Can you imagine arsenal and Everton in the top 4. Fuck United, Liverpool and Spurs. Would be glorious

Is Carrick fit for Arsenal this weekend? Damn it I had hoped he would be unavailable.

jtb

Banned
We got the better Everton player - Arteta >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fellaini. Different players, mind you.

Best panic buy of all time.

was Mertesacker bought late enough in the window to qualify as a panic buy? because I think he's a better buy.

arkon

Can you imagine arsenal and Everton in the top 4. Fuck United, Liverpool and Spurs. Would be glorious

Is Carrick fit for Arsenal this weekend? Damn it I had hoped he would be unavailable.

It won't make much difference. You'll just tippy tappy it past him as he gently trundles round the centre circle.

K1LLER7

It won't make much difference. You'll just tippy tappy it past him as he gently trundles round the centre circle.

On his day he's class.

We need him against the top teams. Still think he needs a more mobile DM around him. Khedira pls.

Played really well today vs Porto as well, changed the match for Zenit attack wise, then comes out and calls out Hulk. Hilarious, and he was right. Hulk was atrocious apart from that goal he scored.

Arshavin has been playing well for 2-3 months now. He's desperate to impress Capello and get to go to Brazil. He even tracks back now!

Scum

But again, we are just as shit so....

I really hope we stuff the reds just to counterbalance that performance.

That was a dire game, that was.

3pts for Everton and Spurs would be luverly. Then again, we'd probably suck the life and goals out of out game. :-/
I hope Soldado plays tomorrow...

Arshavin has been playing well for 2-3 months now. He's desperate to impress Capello and get to go to Brazil. He even tracks back now!

Wut?

Good job Arsenal.

Fuck you Farca, diving cheating cunts. So tired of playing this shitty team. Luckily we won't qualify for CL, so we won't have to play them next year.

Wilbur

Banned
Good job Arsenal.

Fuck you Farca, diving cheating cunts. So tired of playing this shitty team. Luckily we won't qualify for CL, so we won't have to play them next year.

Ahaha <3

One of my managers is a Sporting fan from Portugal, was speaking to him about football stuff today, we agreed we both hate Barca and Benfica xoxo

Then he said Messi wasn't that good, Ronaldo/Figo/Rui Costa were all better and he said Messi only scores penalties

I couldn't breathe

he only scores penalties

Outplayed cokey Jack last year fam

Genuinely want to kill myself for thinking it but maybe Young should start. Pretty good against Arsenal usually, quick on the break and defends his wing. If you could guarantee good performances I'd go for Young and Valencia but you can't, so Adnan will do.

I don't think Adnan is ready for such a big game. He's in better form than all other wide options though. Normally I'd want Kagawa to start, but against Arsenal we've always done well by selecting two natural wingers and getting them to see the game. Unfortunately, that means Young. But he's shithouse so won't be picked. Don't know who we'll choose on the left. Kagawa and Evra linked up well against Sociedad, but Shinji won't hold the width on the wing so that works against the tactics we usually employ against Arsenal.

ibc8Obv2FkwD6k.gif

faridmon

Good job Arsenal.

You let Messi of all people score against you. Think about that for a second...
The bloody guy hasn't scored for 4 matches and he scores 2 goals against you...

Allegri needs to be fired. Seriously!

faridmon

3pts for Everton and Spurs would be luverly. Then again, we'd probably suck the life and goals out of out game. :-/
I hope Soldado plays tomorrow...

That second place chance was wasted big times, from both teams.

One of the worse matches I have ever experienced just because there was so much in stakes, and it couldn't come at easier time.

Fuck this world.

Good job Arsenal.

What if you guys make the Europa League and Barca manages to Dotrmund their way out of the CL group stage and then you guys meet in EL? Never thought about that, did you?

Elchele

PS4 BABY!!!!

[IfMG]http://demo.nullfix.com/mediaload/storage/3301a65d50b62c2ab3c1a32fdec9f36c.gif[/IMG]

[IMfG]http://demo.nullfix.com/mediaload/storage/9c5124044ae939ea862fbe797d115fe1.gif[/IMG]

FIFA will eventually look like that
for PS8

faridmon

What if you guys make the Europa League and Barca manages to Dotrmund their way out of the CL group stage and then you guys meet in EL? Never thought about that, did you?

Barca, Milan and Dortmund all in Europa League...

That is when the CL falls flat on its face.

Top Bottom