• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

_b36acf5b22e1e867016ae1edaceaeace.gif

Gazprom pls.

They're just sitting there in silence. The looks of men who have been anally penetrated by Demba Ba

im on my phone so if you could go back and find the posts where I said City would win by three goals and Zenit-Porto will finish 1-1 and you disagreed with both I'd be very grateful thanks sviatoslav thanks mate I'm very grateful xoxoxo #yolo

I was right about City defending being shit, you predicted a clean sheet for them.

As for us, look at this shit Wilbz

_ab039ad1b6a6bc826f3a9a4cddaf0730.gif

60 million :(

Arnie

Media saying Moyes had another go at Young for diving.

Firmly in the dog house now.
Sounds pretty fucking serious.

Beware of the quiet word.

Privately, however, the United manager is expected again to warn Young about going to ground too easily and reiterate his opposition to diving among his players.

Rosicky is a hero. 33 year-old silky midfielder who really battles hard for us no matter where Arsene plays him. Fucking love him.

Got a big cheer from Dortmund fans when he was called to be subbed off too.

Think it'll be Flamini and Arteta at the base on Sunday, fitness permitting.

I fucking love those East Midlands pendellinos.

I refer to them as the Titanic of the land so often that my friends throw a wobbler whenever I bring it up.

I was on an East Midlands train to London friday evening. Chose the quiet coach so that I could do some reading for my dissertation on the way down. Fucking family gets on with two toddlers, both of them screaming and crying and running up and down the coach

bud

i almost entirely missed the second half.

did the performance improve in the second half or was it luck?

Clegg

How was Kagawa's performance last night?
Moved to no.10 after Rooney was subbed off an immediately made United a more threatening side. Played well there until he was subbed off for a defender because Fellaini was sent off.

phaze

i almost entirely missed the second half.

did the performance improve in the second half or was it luck?

The goal was against the run of play but after that we played much better and had quite a few chances. Borussia seemed tired after that first half.

Arnie

I was on an East Midlands train to London friday evening. Chose the quiet coach so that I could do some reading for my dissertation on the way down. Fucking family gets on with two toddlers, both of them screaming and crying and running up and down the coach

Should've said something. Not on, that.

I love a quiet coach. Grab a cup of tea and slam a book. Nout better.

Meier

Tied for first in the GAF League for this Matchday even with the -4 from doing 3 transfers total. If it weren't for Day 2.. ugh, that one was a debacle. Stupid early Russian starts didn't help. -____-

jtb

Banned
Rosicky is a hero. 33 year-old silky midfielder who really battles hard for us no matter where Arsene plays him. Fucking love him.

Got a big cheer from Dortmund fans when he was called to be subbed off too.

Think it'll be Flamini and Arteta at the base on Sunday, fitness permitting.

Ramsey is undroppable in current form. If Flamini is fit, I expect Arteta to be dropped.

Ramsey is undroppable in current form. If Flamini is fit, I expect Arteta to be dropped.

No-one said anything about dropping Ramsey, lol. I meant going with the Napoli system - Ozil/Ramsey interchanging, Cazorla on the left, and Flamini & Arteta holding.

Tied for first in the GAF League for this Matchday even with the -4 from doing 3 transfers total. If it weren't for Day 2.. ugh, that one was a debacle. Stupid early Russian starts didn't help. -____-

Tied for first *fistbump*. And the early Russian kickoffs are great, gives a chance to watch more games. I'd watch almost all the CL games if they didn't all play at the same time.

Wilbur

Banned
I was right about City defending being shit, you predicted a clean sheet for them.

As for us, look at this shit Wilbz

_ab039ad1b6a6bc826f3a9a4cddaf0730.gif

60 million :(

shut your mouth before i fuck it ok

Jesus Christ that is one of the worst penalties I've ever seen ahahaha. How from a running start can you get so little power

jtb

Banned
No-one said anything about dropping Ramsey, lol. I meant going with the Napoli system (Ozil/Ramsey interchanging & Cazorla on the left).

Ramsey is scoring goals in his current position. And 9 times out of 10, he's shit on the wing. I'm not interested in disrupting what's easily the strongest thing we have going for us right now.

And if you play Ozil/Ramsey/Cazorla behind Giroud, you have to leave Theo on the bench and we desperately need Theo's width (assuming he'll be fit).

ARSEGAF

How did we play today? I was on a training run and missed the game, but had seen our first shot was the Ramsey goal. Yahoo says Arsenal secure superb win, so was it?

Edit: Ramsey should be nowhere near the wing.

jtb

Banned
Why? Arteta was magnificent against Liverpool.

He was decent but I'd say the whole side was pretty poor against Liverpool. It's not so much as Arteta is bad, as it is Flamini is better, at least when it comes to defensive duties.

Arteta got dangerously close to getting himself sent off today. I simply don't trust him as the sole defensive midfielder, he's far better as someone to recycle possession than to be relied upon to win the ball back. And with a creative midfielder in the form of his life next to him, it's better to play it safe and pick a more defensive minded midfielder against United, imo.

Salvadora

He was decent but I'd say the whole side was pretty poor against Liverpool. It's not so much as Arteta is bad, as it is Flamini is better, at least when it comes to defensive duties.

Arteta got dangerously close to getting himself sent off today. I simply don't trust him as the sole defensive midfielder, he's far better as someone to recycle possession than to be relied upon to win the ball back. And with a creative midfielder in the form of his life next to him, it's better to play it safe and pick a more defensive minded midfielder against United, imo.

The fuck?

Lightning

Banned
They were, but that doesn't mean Arteta wasn't fouling them. Gave away a number of very silly free kicks this evening. And imo Fellaini was sent off for less, last night.
Felliani's red card was harsh. I don't think he really deserved one. Sociedad played a shit game and went to ground too easily as well.

Arteta does give away some silly freekicks but Dortmund were trying to milk a send off out there.

jtb

Banned
The fuck?

We struggled to create chances. Solid defensively, and that's to Arteta's credit but I wouldn't say we played a whole lot better then than we did today.

(I mean, I don't mind. I'll take grinding out wins over pretty failure any day of the week.)

K1LLER7

Looking forward to the weekend game. We can't afford to lose and let them go 8 points clear.

Will be a good test for Adnan
(if he starts)
up against Sagna. Would start Nani on the right side.

Salvadora

We struggled to create chances. Solid defensively, and that's to Arteta's credit but I wouldn't say we played a whole lot better then than we did today.
Koscielny was a strong contender for motm, did a brilliant job with Suarez. Cazorla was a live wire too.

Thought there were some great performances in that game.

Clegg

Looking forward to the weekend game. We can't afford to lose and let them go 8 points clear.

(if he starts)
They're already 8 points clear.

Will go 11 ahead if they beat us.

Ramsey is scoring goals in his current position. And 9 times out of 10, he's shit on the wing. I'm not interested in disrupting what's easily the strongest thing we have going for us right now.

And if you play Ozil/Ramsey/Cazorla behind Giroud, you have to leave Theo on the bench and we desperately need Theo's width (assuming he'll be fit).

He's scoring from everywhere, really, and Napoli is still one of his better performances of the season. I suppose it depends on how tired we are, but I'd be surprised if the boss played the same midfield in another potentially high intensity game within a week. Flamini would make it easier on the rest of the boys, and Arteta needs to play.

Also, Theo's not gonna be fit. Arsene said he'll be back after the break.

kharma45

(if he starts)

I'd rather start Adnan on the right and Shinji on the left and let them drift around. Nani I just feel will do his usual.

Should've said something. Not on, that.

I love a quiet coach. Grab a cup of tea and slam a book. Nout better.

Couple of people asked them to either control their kids or move coach and they were pleasantly told to fuck off. They were a lovely inbred family

Clegg

I don't think Adnan is ready for such a big game. He's in better form than all other wide options though. Normally I'd want Kagawa to start, but against Arsenal we've always done well by selecting two natural wingers and getting them to see the game. Unfortunately, that means Young. But he's shithouse so won't be picked. Don't know who we'll choose on the left. Kagawa and Evra linked up well against Sociedad, but Shinji won't hold the width on the wing so that works against the tactics we usually employ against Arsenal.

jtb

Banned
He's scoring from everywhere, really, and Napoli is still one of his better performances of the season. I suppose it depends on how tired we are, but I'd be surprised if the boss played the same midfield in another potentially high intensity game within a week. Flamini would make it easier on the rest of the boys, and Arteta needs to play.

Also, Theo's not gonna be fit. Arsene said he'll be back after the break.

I didn't realize that, re: Theo. that's very disappointing, but I suppose we've coped without him so far, so we'll have to do it one more time. I totally agree on the tiredness, which is another reason why Flamini needs to come back into the side if he's fit. We'll see. I'm very comfortable with Cazorla on the wing but Ozil and Ramsey less so, but if we really don't have any other options, then having a more defensive minded midfield in Arteta/Flamini wouldn't hurt.

Top Bottom