• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone want a treadmill? (aka Wal-Mart.com has lost its damn mind)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovid

uh oh...

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industri...r-prices-computer-monitors-at-steep-discount/

A spokesperson declined to specify whether an error was made, but said the tech goodies were unavailable in the retailer's brick-and-mortar stores and are "no longer available" online. She also couldn't immediately comment on whether people who swooped in on the pre-holiday snafu would be able to buy the monitors at the specified prices.

i swear i better get my shit...
You won't get that price. You better pick that shit up in-store NOW!!!!

gutshot

Dammit! I was so close to getting the 40" version of that Samsung TV for $329. Not as good a deal as the 55" for that price, but still pretty good as it retails for ~$700. Got all the way to the choose shipment screen but then got an error and now it's saying the item is unavailable.

So close...

Muddimar

I ordered my two in one elliptical machine online, in store pick up. Picked it up about an hour and a half ago, no issues. Got the $400 elliptical for $35 :)

Stet

Banned
Wall of Shame

Palmer_v1 finds it 'reprehensible' how he never acts quickly enough to take advantage of a scam.

Reprehensible, the way people act. The douchiest thing is leaving carts full of food in the aisles after the scam stopped working.

Could the people who knowingly went beyond their normal limit be charged with anything, even if Wal-mart wanted to? Fraud, etc.

I doubt they would pursue any action though due to the likely demographics and potential backlash.

How do people take advantage of these so damn quickly? They're always sold out or the site is down by the time I get a chance.

ComputerMKII is disgusted with the U.S., that nation of thieves. In his country, thievery isn't allowed even though he'd give it his best attempt.

That's sad. Corrupted by welfare, a nation of entrepreneurs is becoming a nation of thieves.

In my country they wouldn't be required to honor your order (although would be worth a shot).

Diamount is sick of people in need making themselves look bad in big groups, which is why when he scams a system, he spreads it out over multiple corporations.

It only harms people actually in need.

Should get Amazon to price match.

Ripclawe is pretty certain that Nelson Mandela is playing GTAV on a Toshiba from his death bed.

I am sure Mandela, King and Ghandi say go forth and cheat on your food stamp card. This nonsense of the noble poor can break the law just because is wrong. Those that stole or cheated should pay a price for being stupid

so there is a Toshiba 58 inch tv for 224.86

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Toshiba-58L7300U-58-1080p-240Hz-LED-2.3-ultra-slim-Smart-HDTV/24538870

Just throwing that out there...

Wall of Cute Misplaced Loyalty

PsychoRaven is consistent. Consistently judgemental of people who wrong Walmart, but consistent nonetheless.

You know it's very shameful that people did this. You know they knew what they had left. I can understand the need for food stamps but don't abuse the damn system. Have some damn self respect.

Those people should really be ashamed of themselves for trying to cheat the system like that. You can see it too from the videos or people pushing carts around with buddies etc hanging off them. You can see that they're blatantly just trying to cheat the system and they don't give a damn that they are. You can see that they have no remorse at all.

You know I just can't do it. First off something is truly broken, hacked, etc. Then even if not and it's a mistake it's just wrong.

Note: all first quotes are from a single thread about a glitch at Walmart allowing carriers of food stamps to get unlimited food for one afternoon.

TheMan

I just picked up my 55" Samsung

well, ok, let me rephrase. those who bought online and expect to receive this by mail will be disappointed. those who opted for in-store pick up and were able to beat the clock, well, i just wish i was as quick and savvy as you guys.

gutshot

Wall of Shame

This is the sort of ownage that you tell your children about and they in turn tell their children and their children until one day in the far future, the username Stet becomes synonymous with owning someone.

I'm glad I was witness to this historic moment.

JCizzle

Wall of Shame

Palmer_v1 finds it 'reprehensible' how he never acts quickly enough to take advantage of a scam.

ComputerMKII is disgusted with the U.S., that nation of thieves. In his country, thievery isn't allowed even though he'd give it his best attempt.

Diamount is sick of people in need making themselves look bad in big groups, which is why when he scams a system, he spreads it out over multiple corporations.

Ripclawe is pretty certain that Nelson Mandela is playing GTAV on a Toshiba from his death bed.

PsychoRaven is consistent. Consistently judgemental of people who wrong Walmart, but consistent nonetheless.

Note: all first quotes are from a single thread about a glitch at Walmart allowing carriers of food stamps to get unlimited food for one afternoon.

LOL

Ripclawe

Banned
Wall of Shame

1) difference is walmart could legally say price is wrong, sale canceled.

2) I and others are buying with our money, not limited food stamp cards.

3) I am using my money, those EBT users are using my money to steal. :)

now if I was buying this stuff with welfare card, you may have a point and I regret nothing

Wickerman

Wall of Shame

WOW

Wall of Shame

holy shit.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
1) difference is walmart could legally say price is wrong, sale canceled.

2) I and others are buying with our money, not limited food stamp cards.

3) I am using my money, those EBT users are using my money to steal. :)

now if I was buying this stuff with welfare card, you may have a point and I regret nothing

Walmart took the hit on the EBT error, just like this one.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Just tried going to my local walmart with a printout of that 55" tv. They told me it's an online deal and that they wouldn't honor it in store. All well, I tried..

Wall of Shame

Some stores (including Amazon if I'm not mistaken) have been known to honor some orders made with an unusually low price (due to their own mistake), even though they had no legal obligation to do so. Since both parties consented to the exchange and the goods weren't paid with welfare stamps/currency, I don't see how you could call that theft. It's a private matter. Food stamps, by definitions, are financed by theft, also known as taxation.

Wall of Shame

holy SHIT.

Ripclawe

Banned
Walmart took the hit on the EBT error, just like this one.
and as I pointed unlike bad PR for not allowing food stamp users to not steal their food. they can easily cancel orders on this mess.

when I go to a walmart and my credit card can't go thru because of government system went down and they allow me to buy whatever I want and leave with it, then everyone is on par with those users. trying to equate this to that is ridiculous.

The jig is up yall. Someone at Wal-Mart woke the fuck up and realized what was happening.

so all the prices were corrected. will they honor those that already purchased? stay tuned.

Most of them will be refunded (due to price system error) I imagine. They legally can't charge you the actual price, if you purchased it at the fake lower one, but they have no legal obligation to honor those lower prices either.

bcl0328

The jig is up yall. Someone at Wal-Mart woke the fuck up and realized what was happening.

Most of them will be refunded (due to price system error) I imagine. They legally can't charge you the actual price, if you purchased it at the fake lower one, but they have no legal obligation to honor those lower prices either.

i kind of really want the items i purchased so i'm hoping as much as i can wal-mart will shed some holiday cheer and let me have them.

karasu

and as I pointed unlike bad PR for not allowing food stamp users to not steal their food. they can easily cancel orders on this mess.

when I go to a walmart and my credit card can't go thru because of government system went down and they allow me to buy whatever I want and leave with it, then everyone is on par with those users. trying to equate this to that is ridiculous.

Nah, it's the same. You're just like the poor.

bcl0328

anyone who picked up in store got lucky:

“Walmart cannot confirm the price of an item until after your order is placed. Pricing errors may occur on the Walmart Sites or through Walmart Marketplace retailers. Walmart reserves the right to cancel any orders containing pricing errors, with no further obligations to you, even after your receipt of an order confirmation or shipping notice from Walmart. Walmart may, at its discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. Pricing for products may be different on the Walmart Sites or from prices available in Walmart stores or on Walmart mobile applications (pricing and availability remain subject to confirmation at checkout for mobile users).”

What does that have to do with what he was responding to? You claimed those awful poor people were using your money to steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom