• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone want a treadmill? (aka Wal-Mart.com has lost its damn mind)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall of Shame

Palmer_v1 finds it 'reprehensible' how he never acts quickly enough to take advantage of a scam.

ComputerMKII is disgusted with the U.S., that nation of thieves. In his country, thievery isn't allowed even though he'd give it his best attempt.

Diamount is sick of people in need making themselves look bad in big groups, which is why when he scams a system, he spreads it out over multiple corporations.

Ripclawe is pretty certain that Nelson Mandela is playing GTAV on a Toshiba from his death bed.

Wall of Cute Misplaced Loyalty

PsychoRaven is consistent. Consistently judgemental of people who wrong Walmart, but consistent nonetheless.

Note: all first quotes are from a single thread about a glitch at Walmart allowing carriers of food stamps to get unlimited food for one afternoon.
thank you for this

Enzom21

Wall of Shame

Palmer_v1 finds it 'reprehensible' how he never acts quickly enough to take advantage of a scam.

ComputerMKII is disgusted with the U.S., that nation of thieves. In his country, thievery isn't allowed even though he'd give it his best attempt.

Diamount is sick of people in need making themselves look bad in big groups, which is why when he scams a system, he spreads it out over multiple corporations.

Ripclawe is pretty certain that Nelson Mandela is playing GTAV on a Toshiba from his death bed.

PsychoRaven is consistent. Consistently judgemental of people who wrong Walmart, but consistent nonetheless.

Note: all first quotes are from a single thread about a glitch at Walmart allowing carriers of food stamps to get unlimited food for one afternoon.

Beautiful hypocrisy.

bjb

Banned
- Checked every store in my county; none had the 55' Samsung TV

- On a whim, went inside one store and they in fact, had one on Display

- Asked if they had any in the back; they said no. Asked if they could sell me the floor model; they said no.

- Then asked to speak to the manager. Said he actually had one left in the back that was 'damaged', said the box was just in really bad shape.

- We take apart the box and check the TV, looks like it's in good shape. Manager says he'll give me 20% at the full price (which I think was $1500-ish)

- Showed him my printout of the online page (with $329 price). He starts laughing and asks if this a joke. I told him no. He checks online and confirms the price, but can't get the page to load (or do in-store pickup).

- Electronics manager finally says no sale, says the website won't load and something smells 'fishy'. I start pretending to be offended and ask to speak to a store manager.

- Store manager comes back; we talk a bit. He looks at my printout. Notes the TV box is damaged and that I've been waiting there for 40 minutes.

- Store manager tells electronics manager to give me the TV for $329. Tells me Merry Christmas. The end.

- Asked if they had any in the back; they said no. Asked if they could sell me the floor model; they said no.

- Then asked to speak to the manager. Said he actually had one left in the back that was 'damaged', said the box was just in really bad shape.

- We take apart the box and check the TV, looks like it's in good shape. Manager says he'll give me 20% at the full price (which I think was $1500-ish)

- Showed him my printout of the online page (with $329 price). He starts laughing and asks if this a joke. I told him no. He checks online and confirms the price, but can't get the page to load (or do in-store pickup).

- Electronics manager finally says no sale, says the website won't load and something smells 'fishy'. I start pretending to be offended and ask to speak to a store manager.

- Store manager comes back; we talk a bit. He looks at my printout. Notes the TV box is damaged and that I've been waiting there for 40 minutes.

- Store manager tells electronics manager to give me the TV for $329. Tells me Merry Christmas. The end.

Dat persistence

bcl0328

wow man, good shit.

Damn, that's some effort. Enjoy your TV!

railGUN

Banned

Awesome. I like to do shit like this, I don't care if it takes time - it's like a game. My ISP is practically paying me for internet, :lol (not really, but I've saved hundreds in the last few months with "persistence").

Rookje

This is no different than that story recently of those local shoppers filling their carts with crap because the scanner was broken. You're just stealing.

tumblr_mvm2azkwDs1snfwfxo4_250.gif

FourMyle

1) difference is walmart could legally say price is wrong, sale canceled.

2) I and others are buying with our money, not limited food stamp cards.

3) I am using my money, those EBT users are using my money to steal. :)

now if I was buying this stuff with welfare card, you may have a point and I regret nothing

You are a fucking thief and no amount of mental gymnastics will change that fact, you fucking thief.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Some stores (including Amazon if I'm not mistaken) have been known to honor some orders made with an unusually low price (due to their own mistake), even though they had no legal obligation to do so. Since both parties consented to the exchange and the goods weren't paid with welfare stamps/currency, I don't see how you could call that theft. It's a private matter. Food stamps, by definitions, are financed by theft, also known as taxation.
It's okay man, I'm sure if you switch up avatars, maybe request a name change and give it some time, people will forget about this. It's pretty shameful hypocrisy but nothing you aren't able to recover from...eventually.

overcast

Can't wait for Black Friday so I can do similar things in a fair manner.

This thread looks like it might take a turn towards fuckery.

Damaniel

Banned
Wall of Shame

This post is a goddamn thing of beauty.

WalkMan

Banned
Capitalism baby. I'd have gotten TV's if I could fit them in my car - and make the 5 mile drive to the nearest walmart.

Lucario

got an order confirmation for my flightstick, glad I went with the expedited shipping instead of the free method! says it'll be here friday, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see a shipment notification.

edit: oh my god, Stet. Thank you for making my morning.

Aeroangel

Banned
Man a $30 treadmill would have been amazing I always miss out on these deals
mistakes
!

And would not feel sorry for walmart in the least. Worked for them for two years, They rake in incredible profit, and are so cheap and greedy with employees and customers.

For example... While working a shift as cashier had people coming in with a coupon for diapers. I believe buy one get one half off (can't remember the specifics but I do remember it was a $25 saving) The problem was these coupons were ad match and not a manufacturer coupon (the latter for which Walmart will be reimbursed) Only honored the coupons for half the night before we were told by management not to honor them anymore (even though it CLEARLY fell within parameters of ad match).

Robot Pants

got an order confirmation for my flightstick, glad I went with the expedited shipping instead of the free method! says it'll be here friday, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see a shipment notification.

edit: oh my god, Stet. Thank you for making my morning.

So this shit is actually legit? They aren't gonna cancel these orders?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So is there just tons of random items affected by this glitch? People ordering kayaks and Tonka trucks and shit, too? This is a pretty huge goof. If they honor all this stuff, I'll be shocked (and jealous).

Lucario

So this shit is actually legit? They aren't gonna cancel these orders?

they are going to cancel most orders. That's just how these work out 99% of the time.

If you placed an in-store pickup order and the store catches it, they will cancel it.
If you placed an order for a big-ticket item (monitors, TVs, kayak, treadmills, etc) and were too cheap to get overnight shipping, it's not going to make it to your house.
Same with people who bought 10+ of a single item. That isn't slipping through.

I'm like... 50/50 on the flightstick. I got in pretty late, but it's niche enough that I'm hopeful.

Petrie

Banned
Most of them will be refunded (due to price system error) I imagine. They legally can't charge you the actual price, if you purchased it at the fake lower one, but they have no legal obligation to honor those lower prices either.

Store pickup ws the right move here. Wonder if they'll elt me pick up the 2nd one at the other Walmart after work, as the order is ready to pickup and hasn't been cancelled.

Cyan

Banned
what happened with the EBT thing? didn't walmart let it go and will pay for the differences?

Yes, Walmart had to eat the cost. So in the end there's no real difference between the two cases except for the fundamental attribution error. The dirty poors who took advantage of the EBT error are just naturally bad people, while when I want to take advantage of a monitor pricing glitch, it's because I want a monitor a lot and stores should honor their advertised prices, and I am a good person.

SUPREME1

Banned
Wall of Shame

#dead

Scoot2005

Banned
I work at one. They most likely won't honor it at least for in store price match. Brick and mortar is considered separate from the .com. I've experienced it personally.

Slayven

Wall of Shame

We are not worthy. Big ups man, big ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom