• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

I was looking for someone that actually loves and appreciates Benzema instead of calling him a flop. I love you already man! Benzema is such a fantastic player even though he's not playing his role but look at what he's doing for CR and Bale. Giving them spaces and freedom and nobody credits him for that. They just say: "He's shit, he doesn't score" Well fuck you cause they fucked his role and made him a CR bitch! Benzema is wicked. Sorry hokage, you're great. We share this big Benzema obsession which makes me respect you even more. LAD!
Benzema job is not to score, benzema job is to linkup the attack and midfield while creating flow since nobody else fucking does it properly. Especially in regards to cr7 and bale who does sod all in build up and transition. It is good to see some who appreciate one of many aspects Benz delivers to team. Benzema is world class in everything he does.

Also, I dont know if anyone of y'all remember but some years ago, i said benzema was going to announce that he was going to leave madrid due to a bust up with mourinho. Ultimately though due to the timing of cr7's "i am sad" moment, benz cut those plans short as to not trouble madrid further than it has to deal with. Benzema truly is a kind man.

I got that info straight of out of djaziri's mouth in private thanks to help from a friend who was well acquainted with french football agents. Djaziri was my source all those years ago. Which was why I was flipping out back then and adamant as he was and still is Karim Benzema's official agent whom I've had the honor of meeting in person.

TL:DR if you dont see me posting here in capslock flipping out like crazy begging florentino to force benz stay or dont sell like last time, ignore any benz rumour. Because if benz actually had a chance of leaving i would be very dramatic about it here. I prefer benz to stay in madrid as madrid should have the best and benz is the best

Turok_TTZ

I think that generally speaking this thread has always been pretty welcoming.

With that being said, no new United fans are allowed. Or Arsenal. Or Chelsea. Or Madrid. Or Barcelona. Or Bayern. New Juventus fans are always okay though.
Im still here you bloke what chya gonna do ya sloooot?!
Apparently United are not going to bid for another defender (including Otamendi) if they can't get Ramos (which was probably never going to happen anyway - always seemed like a good pay negotiation).

That's insanity. Darmian and the defenders they have are simply insufficient and that was probably the one key area they needed improvement upon this window.

Really hope it isn't true.

You have my condolences.

sounds like you were following the wrong community because I don't remember ever being insulted or hounded for no reason

I've been following the past threads pretty loosely, but there seemed to be an rather hostile atmosphere sometimes. I know football can be a passionate topic and I think thats one of the things most of us love about it, but it should stay civilized.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to having some good discussions here.

Turok_TTZ

I just want rotation for benz so he doesnt get exhausted and burnt out by feb is that too much to ask. Madrid need to protect key players better.

DamnBoxes

MLcxfFs.png

Jarnet87

Apparently United are not going to bid for another defender (including Otamendi) if they can't get Ramos (which was probably never going to happen anyway - always seemed like a good pay negotiation).

That's insanity. Darmian and the defenders they have are simply insufficient and that was probably the one key area they needed improvement upon this window.

Really hope it isn't true.

I think we'll go into the start of the season without a new CB unless we get Ramos. We've got 6 games in August before the deadline so van Gaal can assess whether he needs to make a panic buy, which I think he will.

Smalling or Jones (or likely both) will get injured within that time frame meaning we'll be left with Rojo, Blind, McNair, and Blackett. McNair and Blackett havent even been playing as center halfs this preseason.

RiggyRob

I've been following the past threads pretty loosely, but there seemed to be an rather hostile atmosphere sometimes. I know football can be a passionate topic and I think thats one of the things most of us love about it, but it should stay civilized.

You'll be fine, as long as you're a real football fan.

The fact that Blind is being mentioned in the same breath as our CBs worries me.

Hi Guys. Since one of the old threads got cleansed and deleted a couple of month ago: is it now safe to post here without getting insulted by crazy people? I would really like to frequent this thread more often in the upcoming season.

I'm a Borussia Dortmund supporter btw.
Jack_consolewars is still posting here, so as a BVB supporter, you're fucked.

Hixx

That only ever happened between people who were looking for it, whether they knew posts would rile rival fans or people who came in just to shitpost.

The football thread is/was really just a bunch of m8s and pulga.

DBT85

It's a community I flit in and out of here and.... Elsewhere.

Only guidelines are
1) we all cunts together
2) no breakfast talk :'(
3) fuck bayern.

Kill3r7

Yeah he's not I'd be annoyed if we paid that, I want another CB but I want a striker more.

There are only a handful of strikers/forwards who would be willing to play out wide or play second fiddle to Rooney. To make matters worse most of them are not available. The best we can hope for is a backup striker at which point I would much rather give Januzaj or Wilson a chance.

You'll be fine, as long as you're a real football fan.

The fact that Blind is being mentioned in the same breath as our CBs worries me.

I hope LVG is only experimenting with Blind, to see if can play at CB in a pinch, because the thought of Blind playing CB full time is terrifying.

Please excuse my complete ignorance but...

Heading to London in October and want to attend my first real football match with the gf. The only club in town for days we'll be there are the Queens Park Rangers.

Is this a good club/stadium to see? Any seating areas we should avoid?

Appreciate any guidance. Thank you!

Lunar FC

Heading to London in October and want to attend my first real football match with the gf. The only club in town for days we'll be there are the Queens Park Rangers.

I can't comment on the stadium but the club was just recently relegated to a lower division. They have been an enjoyable club to watch and play with a significant passion. I'd definitely urge you to go for the experience and come back to us with your findings.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

No.

Fuck QPR.

Mista

Banned

Emirates Stadium should be your destination mate

No.

Fuck QPR.

You heard the man Cosmic

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

If you give the dates I'm sure people could be more helpful. Crystal Palace are the club to see if you are in London. A real football club not shit mercs like QPR.

Meier

Loftus Road is a very small stadium so even in the 2nd tier, tickets will probably be fairly expensive and/or hard to get. Good luck!

When I went some years back, I saw the England U19 squad play the Czech Republic at Leyton Orient's stadium. Cost about £3 a ticket.

Thank you all for the responses! Guess I have more research to do lol.

Emirates Stadium should be your destination mate

I thought tickets for that would be very expensive based on some primitive research. And since we've only been to one LA Galaxy game ever, quality football would probably be lost on us. But if it's that much better an experience we'll check it out.

Fuck QPR.

Jesse-Pinkman-Breaking-Bad-Drinking-Water.gif

Crystal Palace are the club to see if you are in London. A real football club not shit mercs like QPR.

Like Oct 20-22. It's a tight window. I'll check out Crystal Palace too.

Loftus Road is a very small stadium so even in the 2nd tier, tickets will probably be fairly expensive and/or hard to get. Good luck!

Oh. Is that why they want you to be a member or something to buy tickets?

avoid the away end

WTF

I'd definitely urge you to go for the experience and come back to us with your findings.

Thank you! Yeah, we're very much looking forward to it. I love the whole idea of the football fan and the passion that's brought to every match. So much better than in America, where the stadium announcer basically has to tell people when to cheer.

elseanio

From BBC

The Chelsea boss spoke after Benitez's wife joked her husband was "tidying up" another Mourinho "mess" at Real.

"The lady is a bit confused," Mourinho, 52, said after Chelsea's International Champions Cup win over Barcelona. "Her husband went to Chelsea to replace Roberto Di Matteo and he went to Real Madrid and replaced Carlo Ancelotti. The only club where her husband replaced me was at Inter Milan, where in six months he destroyed the best team in Europe at the time. If she takes care of her husband's diet, she will not have any time to talk about me."

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Hello football Gaf!

I didn't know a new Community thread was alive so happy to be here.

Hope all fans in here are welcoming to a new guy :p

OT: seems Benzema is in Shangai with RM squad.
I'll admit that silly Instagram post of his got me in a tizzy yesterday.

Sign him up Arsene!!!

From BBC

If she takes care of her husband's diet, she will not have any time to talk about me."

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Oh wow. Mourinho with that Ether.

From BBC

The Chelsea boss spoke after Benitez's wife joked her husband was "tidying up" another Mourinho "mess" at Real.

"The lady is a bit confused," Mourinho, 52, said after Chelsea's International Champions Cup win over Barcelona. "Her husband went to Chelsea to replace Roberto Di Matteo and he went to Real Madrid and replaced Carlo Ancelotti. The only club where her husband replaced me was at Inter Milan, where in six months he destroyed the best team in Europe at the time. If she takes care of her husband's diet, she will not have any time to talk about me."

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Stay classy Mourinho.

GHG

Gold Member
Holy shit Mourinho is already losing it and its only pre-season.

God knows what he'll be like if we beat them this coming weekend.

Holy shit Mourinho is already losing it and its only pre-season.

God knows what he'll be like if we beat them this coming weekend.

His meltdown the other day on other top clubs over-spending was also particularly
hilarious. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Probably just mind games or maybe he realises this EPL season is going to be real tough
from a variety of angles.

Jack cw

His meltdown the other day on other top clubs over-spending was also particularly
hilarious. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Probably just mind games or maybe he realises this EPL season is going to be real tough
from a variety of angles.
I think Roman wanted to know how de Bruyne was worth 80 million 9 months after he left Chelsea for some peanuts. To be fair Mourinho never bought an overpriced player so the trend of some other clubs inflating prices for average players might hurt us all in the long run.

Bumhead

Banned
Like Oct 20-22. It's a tight window.

Cosmic, you should check out that QPR game.

They're playing Sheffield Wednesday which, hey, is my team! If you're after good British atmosphere then it's a good match to pick. We're one of the best supported away sides in the division *smug* so the away end will be full and noisy. That's always important for atmosphere in the UK. Loftus Road is a small and tightly packed ground as well. A proper old fashioned ground.

It should be a good match as well. Both sides will hope to be towards the top of the table by October and both will look to play decent stuff.

Forget the Premiership, The Championship is great. In terms of atmosphere and standard of football it'll be way ahead of anything you've seen in the MLS.

I think Roman wanted to know how de Bruyne was worth 80 million 9 months after he left Chelsea for some peanuts. To be fair Mourinho never bought an overpriced player so the trend of some other clubs inflating prices for average players might hurt us all in the long run.

Agreed. It's just the way things are going with crazy player prices and new TV deals.

But don't forget Chelsea also sold Luiz for 50 odd million which was seriously inflated so every club contributes to the insanity of the market haha.

Cosmic, you should check out that QPR game.

They're playing Sheffield Wednesday which, hey, is my team! If you're after good British atmosphere then it's a good match to pick. We're one of the best supported away sides in the division *smug* so the away end will be full and noisy. That's always important for atmosphere in the UK. Loftus Road is a small and tightly packed ground as well. A proper old fashioned ground.

It should be a good match as well. Both sides will hope to be towards the top of the table by October and both will look to play decent stuff.

Forget the Premiership, The Championship is great. In terms of atmosphere and standard of football it'll be way ahead of anything you've seen in the MLS.

I love how close the fans are to the pitch in The Championship.
That's why Highbury was great at the time for Arsenal.

I've only ever been to the Emirates and Anfield but would really like to go to a champs game some day and feel that kind of intense atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom