• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappa

Banned
Atlético Madrid manager:

482138638-diego-simeone-el-cholo-and-carla-pereyra-are-gettyimages.jpg

Real Madrid manager:

Rafa%20Benitez

Atlético manager is athletic (har har har), maximizes the most out of least talent from his teams, operates on a far smaller budget than his competitors, his teams are characterized by intense defensive discipline, tremendous work-rate, physicality. Loses top players every year but still manages to stay relevant. His teams are much like himself when he was a player.

Real Madrid manager wears training jackets to hide his gut, is tactically outdated, has won less trophies as the years pass, has failed at multiple big clubs with high spending power as the years pass, failed upwards because of his birth place, and glory from a decade past.

Mou is 100% right. Real Madrid in 4th place is going to be absolutely sensational.
I stopped reading at smaller budget... What a ridiculous post.

Lunar FC

Is there a GAF fantasy football league I could join?

I've been looking to get something set up. What is everybody's fantasy provider of choice?

Last year I tried yahoo because they had a nice app to use, but it was basically a shit show due an error allowing some of the best players to be bought for dirt cheap for a short time. It ruined the balance for the rest of the season.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Atlético Madrid manager:

482138638-diego-simeone-el-cholo-and-carla-pereyra-are-gettyimages.jpg

Real Madrid manager:

Rafa%20Benitez

Atlético manager is athletic (har har har), maximizes the most out of least talent from his teams, operates on a far smaller budget than his competitors, his teams are characterized by intense defensive discipline, tremendous work-rate, physicality. Loses top players every year but still manages to stay relevant. His teams are much like himself when he was a player.

Real Madrid manager wears training jackets to hide his gut, is tactically outdated, has won less trophies as the years pass, has failed at multiple big clubs with high spending power as the years pass, failed upwards because of his birth place, and glory from a decade past.

Mou is 100% right. Real Madrid in 4th place is going to be absolutely sensational.

What a shit post.

What does their fitness have to do with anything?

"Operates on a far smaller budget than his competitors"

lol

I've been looking to get something set up. What is everybody's fantasy provider of choice?

Last year I tried yahoo because they had a nice app to use, but it was basically a shit show due an error allowing some of the best players to be bought for dirt cheap for a short time. It ruined the balance for the rest of the season.

The Premier League site runs an excellent ff game. Gaf had a classic league and a head2head league there last season and they seemed to work well. Valuations and rules are well balanced. I have a team there already as they let you join 15 private leagues and I have a couple set up with friends. Also it's free.

Hadn't uncharacteristic errors started to creep in for Terry around that time? Not massive ones,but ones that are indicative of a player who's just getting a bit old. iirc he looked like a player who would need replacing in the first 11 imminently, regardless of physical capabilities.

The entire team wasn't exactly doing great after the start of the season and RDMs sacking, there were plenty of mistakes made, I remember being at the Bridge for Ivanovic's horror show which gifted Swansea the place in the final.

Not to mention the other centre back was David Luiz who as much as I loved him often ran round like a headless chicken (only with a lot of hair).

The entire team wasn't exactly doing great after the start of the season and RDMs sacking, there were plenty of mistakes made, I remember being at the Bridge for Ivanovic's horror show which gifted Swansea the place in the final.

Not to mention the other centre back was David Luiz who as much as I loved him often ran round like a headless chicken (only with a lot of hair).

Yeah, if Luiz was playing instead of Terry, that is pretty unforgivable :p

Yeah, real funny. Taking the piss out of someone's weight is real classy. Mourinho once again showing he's a horrible person.

He's not a horrible person, really. He has good and bad things, surely. It amazes me that some people can't really see he's just a character in front of the cameras 95% of the time. If you've read certain things about Mourinho, namely people that have worked with him, you just know that Mourinho cannot be the horrible person everybody seems to think he is. He's a character on camera, a character that's there to play with the media in favour of the clubs he trained. Does he have bad gestures or words sometimes? Yeah. But he must have incredible qualities, non-professional qualities, to make grown up world class players cry because he's leaving, in addition to all the good words players have towards him.

Does anyone else see things the way I do?

Lunar FC

Hey guys, I've been talking to a couple mods about having a new OT for the beginning of the european seasons here in about a weeks time. I made a whole new OT partly because I've been wanting to make an a nice OT for awhile now and part because I want to see this community be as active as it was when I first joined. So in a few days time look for the new OT. Any suggestions or ideas for something you would like to see included would be awesome.

Here's a little preview of how it's coming along:

Fantasy Premier League thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1086726

If anyone is interested, there's codes there to join two GAF leagues (classic league and head to head). Will be good if we can get an active community going.

I'll definitely make sure to include this in the OT. Thanks for making it.

He's not a horrible person, really. He has good and bad things, surely. It amazes me that some people can't really see he's just a character in front of the cameras 95% of the time. If you've read certain things about Mourinho, namely people that have worked with him, you just know that Mourinho cannot be the horrible person everybody seems to think he is. He's a character on camera, a character that's there to play with the media in favour of the clubs he trained. Does he have bad gestures or words sometimes? Yeah. But he must have incredible qualities, non-professional qualities, to make grown up world class players cry because he's leaving, in addition to all the good words players have towards him.

Does anyone else see things the way I do?

He gouged someone in the eye. Everyone has good and bad points, and its no injustice that Mourinho's bad points are bought to the fore more than anyone else's.

Tubie

Hey guys, I've been talking to a couple mods about having a new OT for the beginning of the european seasons here in about a weeks time. I made a whole new OT partly because I've been wanting to make an a nice OT for awhile now and part because I want to see this community be as active as it was when I first joined. So in a few days time look for the new OT. Any suggestions or ideas for something you would like to see included would be awesome.

Here's a little preview of how it's coming along:

I'll definitely make sure to include this in the OT. Thanks for making it.

Are you planning to do do something similar with all the top leagues in Europe? I imagine that will be a lot of work for you but it does look nice. I would also include CL and Europa league winners. As for the supporters list, we could probably do away with that if you need room in the OP.

I do agree that we need a new OT badly tho, the one we have right now is incredibly outdated (2012 season teams).

Lunar FC

Are you planning to do do something similar with all the top leagues in Europe? I imagine that will be a lot of work for you but it does look nice. I would also include CL and Europa league winners. As for the supporters list, we could probably do away with that if you need room in the OP.

I do agree that we need a new OT badly tho, the one we have right now is incredibly outdated (2012 season teams).

Yeah so right now I have the top 5 leagues (welcome Ligue 1) with their full updated list of teams and their current champion. It went by quickly once I had a set design in place. I do also have the CL/Europa league winners featured. The supporters section will be a link to a google doc.

Tackles like that should result in significant suspensions.

Yep

That goes way beyond 'dangerous tackle'

There is no way that his main intention was to win the ball

Thankfully looks like both sets of studs went straight into the thigh. Expect massive deep bruising and cuts, centimetres away from a career-ending shattered knee, and that was just luck

raven777

United XI: De Gea, Darmian, Jones, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Memphis, Young, Rooney

Hope Van Gaal isn't serious about using Blind as center back

He gouged someone in the eye. Everyone has good and bad points, and its no injustice that Mourinho's bad points are bought to the fore more than anyone else's.

I should've mentioned that in no way was I adressing the part of the post that pointed how bad Mourinho was in that statement. I was talking about people saying how horrible he is as a person, only that.

Personally, I think that in this case, he really personally dislikes Benitez. His wife hit a low bar, and he hit a lower one even. No need for that. Specially after answering earlier in a good and much politer way.

I just think many people don't have the notion of who he is. You can genuinely dislike him, that's fine, and you can dislike him even if you have seen or read or heard of his better side, but I feel many people haven't read certain stories, heard players' words of praise toward his personal relationship with them, and it taints some people's views on him. It's not that it's any of you guys' fault, I know these stories are buried much deeper (I had to search a lot to find many of them).

Edit: Oh and he did gouge someone in the eye. I was angry at him that night.

GHG

United XI: De Gea, Darmian, Jones, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Memphis, Young, Rooney

Hope Van Gaal isn't serious about using Blind as center back

He said something about the need to always play with at least one left footed centre back at all times.

Something about "balance".

Good luck with that :)

I wouldn't consider a lifetime ban from the sport too harsh.

Sometimes I think "tackles" in football should be handled as criminal cases. This is one of those. That's assault.

Tubie

Spanish papers reporting Ramos and Madrid have reached an agreement on a new contract. He will play for Madrid till 2020.

He will make more than 9m euros a year apparently, that's insane for a defender. I don't think any other CB in the world makes that much, right?

I told you United-GAF, he was using you to get a better contract.

Spanish papers reporting Ramos and Madrid have reached an agreement on a new contract. He will play for Madrid till 2020.

He will make more than 9m euros a year apparently, that's insane for a defender. I don't think any other CB in the world makes that much right?

I told you United-GAF, he was using you to get a better contract.

But his brother said he really wanted to leave

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I can't help but like Jose

And fair play to Ramos, he's a great CB. Milk Madrid for all they're worth.

Jarnet87

Its only until Rojo is fit and has some match rythem I think

Agreed. First time we'll see schweinsteiger and carrick play together, lets see which one of them is in the more dedicated holding role. van Gaal still has all of August to bring in a centerback which I think he will, just looks like it won't be Ramos or Otamendi.

raven777

He said something about the need to always play with at least one left footed centre back at all times.

Something about "balance".

Good luck with that

I seriously dont understand his obsession for needing at least one left footed centre back.

What the fuck lol, how can you even say that?

I can say that because I watched every United match last season. Young looked great on the wing in most our matches while Di Maria played real well (first ~5 or so match) until he got injured and then ran around like a chicken with his head cut off and lost possession almost every time he had the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom