• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Rooney has looked shit all pre-season.

Think I'll go against the grain and start with costa and Kane as my main 2 strikers in fantasy league. Fuck Rooney.

United should buy Otamendi. Would be expensive because Valencia doesn't need money right now but he's a great CB.

Yeah he's expensive but exactly what we need right now.

So you've been buying people but still look shit... So the answer is to buy more?

Yeah we've signed plenty but none in the areas we were lacking in last season, couple that with facts we've lost RVP and the defence is still shit.

We can and will spend what ever it takes to get back to where we were.

How much did United spend on players in the last two seasons?

Plenty and we still won't win the CL just like Bayern.

Damn, legit banter.

I would not rule out any team from the CL right now based on pre-season performance tho.

I would rule Man Utd out

There are 3 teams, as always, who are favourites. Barca, Madrid, Bayern. Then there are the outside shots, Juve, Chelsea, PSG, Atletico. Then there's a massive gap before you reach Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Roma and the like. Of course anyone could win it, but I find it very unlikely outside of these first 7 I mentioned.

Hi Guys. Since one of the old threads got cleansed and deleted a couple of month ago: is it now safe to post here without getting insulted by crazy people? I would really like to frequent this thread more often in the upcoming season.

I'm a Borussia Dortmund supporter btw.

No fuck off you disgusting shit boi.

For breakfast today I had hotcakes from McDelivery.

Fuck Bayern

GHG

Yeah he's expensive but exactly what we need right now.

Yeah we've signed plenty but none in the areas we were lacking in last season, couple that with facts we've lost RVP and the defence is still shit.

We can and will spend what ever it takes to get back to where we were.

Plenty and we still won't win the CL just like Bayern.

Well you sold your 2 best strikers in favor of a fraudulent pie eating fat boy.

That was your 1st mistake.

The_Poet

Banned
I really hope Spurs land Chicharito. Would be a great signing

Also you guys are nuts. With UTS's midfield feeding Rooney hes gonna be scoring goals for fun

GHG

Rooney and LVG are a match made in heaven.

They are both frauds living off past glories and reputations alone in order to make lots of money. They are both happen to talk a good game as well.

God knows what their one to one discussions are like.

How LVG has convinced Man united to give him so much budget I really don't know. Especially when he failed to get the best out of a world class winger who also happened to be their record signing by playing him in every position that wasn't his best position.

And then there is Rooney, who somehow convinced LvG that he was the 30 goals a season striker Man United needed and that Man united needed to sell RVP and Falcao in order to get the most out of him. All this despite him scoring just 12, 17 and 12 league goals in the last 3 seasons respectively.

So Man United, please continue to spend so that we can all witness a failure of epic proportions.

Jarnet87

Blind in defence and Depay up top. Fuck me.

It's like last year when we had Young in Defence, Januzaj on the wing and Di Maria up front and we know how that went...

yeah van Gaal can be stubborn to a fault, but I think he will eventually see the light like he did last year and change things up. He should give Mata a chance through the middle, play Depay on the wing, start Herrera in midfield., etc.

@ GHG, any manager in charge of United would be given a big war chest, the team needed it. at least when van Gaal's couple years are over he'll leave a much more talented squad for the next manager then Fergie did at the end. As for making Rooney captain right from the start, no idea lol. There are I times I think most United fans wish we had just let his ass leave for Chelsea or City. Maybe it's because of his service over the years, maybe it's because he's english, but yeah we treat him like he is still the player from his first 4 or 5 seasons. RVP needed to go but Falcao never got a fair shake IMO.

Jack cw

BAYERN MUNICH want to sign Lazio ace Felipe Anderson, who is also being trailed by Manchester United, according to reports.
Source: express via Corriere della Sera

This will be another Thiago story.

JardeL

CLJoT3xVAAATqBd.jpg

Edit: 3.5 mil euros net for 15/16 season...

Jarnet87

BAYERN MUNICH want to sign Lazio ace Felipe Anderson, who is also being trailed by Manchester United, according to reports.
Source: express via Corriere della Sera

This will be another Thiago story.

there have been nothing but vague rumors that United were evenly remotely interested in Felipe Anderson, but if United were interested and started negotiating it wouldn't shock me if Bayern or another club would try and swoop in. van Gaal doesn't need another attacking mid to play out of position.

bjaelke

Turkish Super Lig is the European equivalent of MLS.

E'too, Van Persie, Nani, Stéphane Mbia, Gomez, Quaresma, Kjær and Podolski all joining this transfer window.

Blablurn

Richtig bitter: grade verpflichtet, jetzt wohl langer Ausfall. #Trochowski (#FCA) mit Außenmeniskusriss. #Bundesliga-Ø sind 60 Tage Pause.

dUlMFSY.png

Kill3r7

Rooney and LVG are a match made in heaven.

They are both frauds living off past glories and reputations alone in order to make lots of money. They are both happen to talk a good game as well.

God knows what their one to one discussions are like.

How LVG has convinced Man united to give him so much budget I really don't know. Especially when he failed to get the best out of a world class winger who also happened to be their record signing by playing him in every position that wasn't his best position.

And then there is Rooney, who somehow convinced LvG that he was the 30 goals a season striker Man United needed and that Man united needed to sell RVP and Falcao in order to get the most out of him. All this despite him scoring just 12, 17 and 12 league goals in the last 3 seasons respectively.

So Man United, please continue to spend so that we can all witness a failure of epic proportions.

I think you are wrong on LvG. He did pretty well with Netherlands and the team showed some signs of life last season. Di Maria throughout his career has been an extremely inconsistent player and it's fair to say that he never wanted to be at United.

I do agree on Rooney though.

Firemind

Van Gaal won the Eredivisie with AZ, a club from a bumhole town (okay with a sugar daddy to be fair). He would have won it twice if the players didn't fuck it up in the last matchday. This man is the real deal. And if you're not a believer

Van Gaal don't care.

Turkish Super Lig is the European equivalent of MLS.

E'too, Van Persie, Nani, Stéphane Mbia, Gomez, Quaresma, Kjær and Podolski all joining this transfer window.

It's a retirement league for fraudsters needing a final big cheque.

Only Eto'o on that list could be considered mildly useful.

European football returns to Southampton tonight.

d6ubG8w.jpg

such glamour.

I know Europa League will drag Southampton all the way down the table this year :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom