• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| - Mes Que Un... Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubie

Madrid-Milan went to penalties and they had to go up to 11 attempts before Madrid won 10-9.

Last round was GKs and Kiko Casilla managed to score and stop Donnarumma's pen.

Donnarumma is 16 lol.

Jarnet87

Di Maria's body turned up anywhere yet?

France I'm assuming. There were some tweets about a medical and that this is week even though they've been saying it forever now. Di Maria and De Gea are out and Pedro in is how I see it before Tottenham. Anything else will take place close to the deadline.

DBT85

If they let De Gea walk now they are nuts.

They have the power to just say no, you get it done before we start pre season or you fuck right off.

Jarnet87

If they let De Gea walk now they are nuts.

They have the power to just say no, you get it done before we start pre season or you fuck right off.

I think we were gonna sell all along, we just tried to play chicken and get Ramos or more money out of Madrid.

GHG

Would rather let De Gea go on a free.

You gain nothing in doing this and it's just bad business.

He's clearly not happy, putting out shite performances and you'll get good money for him to reinvest in another keeper or other areas of the squad. I think if you get 30m for him you'd be in a better overall position if you spent most of that on a world class defender and then sought out a "solid" keeper (not necessarily De Gea/ Neuer/ Courtois class). Remember, we went a season unbeaten with Lehmann in goal and then set an all time champions league clean sheet record with him in goal a couple of years later. He wasn't world class at the time but he was solid and dependable.

Just be thankful that you are selling him overseas and not to a rival I'm the premiership (like we did with RVP). It's a horrible situation, I know, but it's better that the club make a logical decision rather than an emotional one.

Blablurn

I love how Bayern is exactly not doing what so many smartass supporters are claiming. Lacazette, Griezmann, Markovic, etc.

Yeah. It's intresting. And maybe for the better in the end. I wonder who is still coming or if Pep said: "Fuck it, that's my squad."

DBT85

He's clearly not happy, putting out shite performances and you'll get good money for him to reinvest in another keeper or other areas of the squad. I think if you get 30m for him you'd be in a better overall position if you spent most of that on a world class defender and then sought out a "solid" keeper (not necessarily De Gea/ Neuer/ Courtois class). Remember, we went a season unbeaten with Lehmann in goal and then set an all time champions league clean sheet record with him in goal a couple of years later. He wasn't world class at the time but he was solid and dependable.

Just be thankful that you are selling him overseas and not to a rival I'm the premiership (like we did with RVP). It's a horrible situation, I know, but it's better that the club make a logical decision rather than an emotional one.

There is no way Madrid will pay 30m for De Gea when they can wait 12 months and get him for nothing when they already have Navas there with the #1 shirt.

I don't think he's going to let this bother him, but we'll have to see what happens if he stays for the season or not.

But I can't see Gaal being so stupid as to let Woowoo dick around and ruin pre season prep by letting De Gea go with a week to go before the season starts and not have a replacement around, unless Valdes stays for some reason. To my mind it would have been simple, either they buy him before say July 15th or they don't. He's so anal about making sure everything else is set right for training and stuff that this just seems weird.

We can afford to let him go on a free with the new Adidas deal and the new TV stuff for next year. If we are happy to burn money on Di Marias transfer/wages and Falcaos wages for a season, not taking £20m for De Gea now and letting him go for nothing if he can offer 12 months of stability in goal would be worth it.

Its also not exactly easy to just go an nick a world class CB. The press have just been shouting Ramos and Otamendi all summer but who knows what's actually going on.

The oddity for me right now is that Valdes is still there. Thought that would have been wrapped up by now after Gaals comments on tour.

Jack cw

Yeah. It's intresting. And maybe for the better in the end. I wonder who is still coming or if Pep said: "Fuck it, that's my squad."
I think Vidal is the missing link. We played every team in europe to the ground but were not able to handle simple counters because of a slow midfield that lacked being aggressive in counter pressing. If we get a talented winger I'd be happy but the squad is when nobody is injured unstoppable. The return to 433 might help too.

I don't think they will bid it's a simple as that they know they will get him next summer.

He stays with us and has a great season, goes to the euros and signs for Madrid.

bjaelke

CLOzdMDWEAAec2Y.jpg

Germany's away kit for the 2016 EURO campaign.

Yikes.

Cappa

Banned
Nobody in Madrid wants de gea... navas /casilla >>>>>>>>> de gea

United will not let him go this season your backup gk is Sergio romero do you know how terrible that is?

Nobody in Madrid wants de gea... navas /casilla >>>>>>>>> de gea

United will not let him go this season your backup gk is Sergio romero do you know how terrible that is?
I've only seen him play once (Casilla) and that was against Alemania. How good is he actually ?

Cappa

Banned
I've only seen him play once (Casilla) and that was against Alemania. How good is he actually ?
I think he's very good and he's still young for a gk. He made some fantastic saves against bacca the other day.

I think statistically he was the second best gk in la liga last season and had the most saves.

Edit I was partly right I just checked. There was only one gk who had more saves than kiko and that was the Eibar keeper.

Out of 157 shots on goal he saved 108 that's nearly 50 shots more than Diego alves and Ikes Casillas received.

And 70 more than Claudio bravo. Despite that his goals received percentage was good enough for 9th playing behind arguably one of the worst defensive lines in la liga

Jack cw

That was the best presser of Guardiola ever. Looks like he will stay at Bayern for another couple of years. And Vidal will play in midfield he said. Lahm full back.

Tubie

I think he's very good and he's still young for a gk. He made some fantastic saves against bacca the other day.

I think statistically he was the second best gk in la liga last season and had the most saves.

Nope you are wrong on this. Casilla is not even close to Navas or DDG.

Casilla is 29. That is not young. And he is 100% worse than Casillas or Navas. Worse than Navas, even after Navas being one year on the bench.

AC Milan managed to shoot 10 times on the penalty shoot out against him and he only stopped one (the 16 year old GK from Milan).

Cappa

Banned
Nope you are wrong on this.

Casilla is 29. That is not young. And he is 100% worse than Casillas or Navas. Worse than Navas, even after Navas being one year on the bench.

AC Milan managed to shoot 10 times on the penalty shoot out against him and he only stopped one (the 16 year old GK from Milan).
The statistics speak for themselves. Worse than iker? Lol

29 is not young for a goalkeeper? Ok tell that to every goalkeeper that blossomed in his 30s

The fact that you pointed out a penalty shootout to measure kiko casilla performance and not his two one on one stops on bacca is ridiculous. Please use facts and not opinions

Tubie

The statistics speak for themselves. Worse than iker? Lol

29 is not young for a goalkeeper? Ok tell that to every goalkeeper that blossomed in his 30s

29 is not young, you just cant argue this man.

Not every GK is Buffon, or else Casillas would still be with us.

David de Gea is way way better than what we have now and he's coming home next season for free.

Cappa

Banned
29 is not young, you just cant argue this man.

Not every GK is Buffon, or else Casillas would still be with us.

David de Gea is way way better than what we have now and he's coming home next season for free.
Van Der star, Kahn, buffon, Friedel, lehmann I can go on and on about goalkeepers who played much better in their mid 30s

Tubie

Van Der star, Kahn, buffon, Friedel, lehmann I can go on and on about goalkeepers who played much better in their mid 30s

So Kiko Casilla is the new Buffon, Kahn or Lehmann.

Incredible, lets not even try to get DDG for free next season. Casilla is 29 and about to enter his legendary years.

You are insane if you think Casilla is better than Navas and batshit crazy if you think Navas is better than DDG.

Cappa

Banned
I stated 29 years of age for a goalkeeper is young, because statistics back that up. Not once did I say he was at their level or better.

Is Casilla better than Navas? No but it's close and that's great for competition. There is absolutely no need for de gea and the only reason he wants to come to Madrid is because of his gf as its well published here in the Spanish papers.

De geas home is in Manchester if he wants to come back go to atletico we don't need him.

bjaelke

Liverpool FC News ‏@LivEchoLFC 41s41 seconds ago
#LFC accept £3m bid from West Brom for Rickie Lambert

Now we just need someone to take the two Italians off our hands.

El Topo

That was the best presser of Guardiola ever. Looks like he will stay at Bayern for another couple of years. And Vidal will play in midfield he said. Lahm full back.

I always believed in Pep and I'm glad my trust is finally vindicated. Can't believe some of you didn't want to sign Vidal. Those people are looking *pretty* foolish right now.

Jack cw

I always believed in Pep and I'm glad my trust is finally vindicated. Can't believe some of you didn't want to sign Vidal. Those people are looking *pretty* foolish right now.
Save your sarcasm for the day when Klopp takes over Bayern and brings in Reus. That day I'll become an Arsenal supporter.

Santi Cazorla and Theo Walcott have both agreed contract extensions with the club. YES!

Theo and Santi sign new deals.

4 years for Theo, 3 for Santi.

Great day.

Yeah these are great contract extensions.

Theo can be frustrating but if he stays injury free, he'll be devastating heading into his prime years now.

Santi is just our cuddly little magician who deserved his extension after being a consistent performer for us since day 1.
Glad those Athletico rumors can die now.

El Topo

Save your sarcasm for the day when Klopp takes over Bayern and brings in Reus. That day I'll become an Arsenal supporter.

What? Sarcasm? Me? Never. I am genuinely happy that we signed a model citizen like Vidal and I cannot wait to see Pep's brilliant plan unfold. Klopp? Reus? Have faith in Pep.
Joking aside, I'm actually somewhat optimistic if he really plays Lahm as fullback.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Feel bad for Lambert. I get why he left for Liverpool but he went from hero to zero in a season. Should've stayed at Saints.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Yeah these are great contract extensions.

Theo can be frustrating but if he stays injury free, he'll be devastating heading into his prime years now.

Santi is just our cuddly little magician who deserved his extension after being a consistent performer for us since day 1.
Glad those Athletico rumors can die now.

Hopefully Santi had mandatory HR training in his contract to deal with that thigh grabbing obsession of his.

Seems a lot of people heard different things at Pep's press conference today.

It's hard to interpret what Guardiola said considering how broken his German still is.

The fact that he doesn't plan to sign a new contract anytime soon is rather telling, though. I'd bet on leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom