• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

I've always found flipping off with two fingers to be funny ��

I know, #TeamMiddleFinger

In reality, I stopped using my fingers for expressive cursing in primary school. Like full kit wankers, finger swearing wankers are a touch below my standards.

Nothing is as bad as the wanker gesture though

KZDLMKg.png

Son, stay at home.

Beefy

I wanna see the receipts. Post the gif. Ball first and then he followed through.

I saw it on the TV. As I said it is hardly a touch, but it is a touch. So Aguero falls over.

In that gif you can even seen Aguero's footy react to it.

MikeBison

Reports from Brazil that Coutinho was manipulated by Barca into not playing for Liverpool.

http://www.football365.com/news/coutinho-has-been-manipulated-by-barcelona-report

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if true, doing the same shit with Dembele. How the fuck do they keep getting away with it?

Think this is more Phil realising he's backed himself into a corner. Understanding he's going to be a Liverpool player and starting to back peddle. Play the manipulation card. Of course it's also true, but he's not stupid. Then will come a fan apology and probably sack his agent who never put a release clause into his contract anyway.

Lunar FC

I know, #TeamMiddleFinger

In reality, I stopped using my fingers for expressive cursing in primary school. Like full kit wankers, finger swearing wankers are a touch below my standards.

Nothing is as bad as the wanker gesture though

KZDLMKg.png

Son, stay at home.

I find flipping off to be dumb all around. Don't think I have ever actually done it when I was legit angry at someone.

Reports from Brazil that Coutinho was manipulated by Barca into not playing for Liverpool.

http://www.football365.com/news/coutinho-has-been-manipulated-by-barcelona-report

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if true, doing the same shit with Dembele. How the fuck do they keep getting away with it?

'manipulated'

Like I know he probably has a bunch of people in his ear saying to press the issue but it's still his responsibility. Still, if reports are trying to make him seem like a good guy hopefully it means he's ready to get back into the team.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Think this is more Phil realising he's backed himself into a corner. Understanding he's going to be a Liverpool player and starting to back peddle. Play the manipulation card. Of course it's also true, but he's not stupid. Then will come a fan apology and probably sack his agent who never put a release clause into his contract anyway.

Probably. Either way both he and Barca have been total cunts. With a bit of luck he has a great season here and we sell him to PSG for stupid money.

I'm sure Neymar will soon start making statements about how much he wants Phil in Paris.

MikeBison

James Pearce reporting that Phil will knuckle down and try his best. But, won't be integrated until after intl break. Sounds about right.

I don't understand these reports about Phil agreeing 'personal terms' with Barca before a transfer had occurred. Isn't that tapping up?

If that's a yellow may as well pack it up now.

He hits his left foot before he gets the ball. It's almost a fantastic tackle. But with the ferocity of it, he had to get the ball clean to avoid a booking.

Good game. City really need to work on the final third, second game where the quality there was a problem. The defence, mid and keeper all look solid. Except for a stupid mistake by Sané but bringing in Mendy when he is fit should solidify that.

Hopefully City will go back to the 4-3-3 with Sane, Jesus and Sterling supported by de Bruyne when Mendy is fit as that is by far the best attacking set up with the way Pep likes to play and plays to all their strengths. Team needs to stop being whiney though, if your going to play the fouls don't moan afterwards when it doesn't go your way.

Everton look solid. Only made one defensive mistake all game which resulted in the goal but if they can keep organised like that they shouldn't lose many games.

Ref was way too card happy. Needs to let things slide for a better game and prevent teams playing for fouls.

Good game. City really need to work on the final third, second game where the quality there was a problem. The defence, mid and keeper all look solid. Except for a stupid mistake by Sané but bringing in Mendy when he is fit should solidify that.

Hopefully City will go back to the 4-3-3 with Sane, Jesus and Sterling supported by de Bruyne when Mendy is fit as that is by far the best attacking set up with the way Pep likes to play and plays to all their strengths. Team needs to stop being whiney though, if your going to play the fouls don't moan afterwards when it doesn't go your way.

Everton look solid. Only made one defensive mistake all game which resulted in the goal but if they can keep organised like that they shouldn't lose many games.

Ref was way too card happy. Needs to let things slide for a better game and prevent teams playing for fouls.

Yh think Pep should play Bernardo Silva instead of David Silva. David Silva doesn't have the legs anymore

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
"Saints may change their mind after they sign Hoedt" nope he is a replacement for Fonte.

Anyone Liverpool fan that still thought we were signing him after what happened in June is delusional. Everything since then has been about getting a move to Chelsea.

Markitron

Wilshere playing for Arsenal reserves?

Until his legs fall off again. I'm sure he can get regular parts in Guy Ritchie movies when he finally retires later this year.

Yh think Pep should play Bernardo Silva instead of David Silva. David Silva doesn't have the legs anymore

B-Siva looked really good once he got settled. D-Silva still has it and became much better once Sterling came on, then even better when B-Silva came on as he is better when he can play one touch football. Prior to that KdB was very deep a lot of the time, Aguero and Jesus aren't the best in providing build up play and seem to just inhibit each other.

Markitron

Shame.

I know I probably shouldn't tempt fate but I'd kinda like to see us take him on loan...

He's just not the player he was, injuries have taken a toll on him. IMO he should drop down to the championship and try to rebuild from the ground up. If he's still good enough for the PL he will end up back there sooner rather than later. That performance against Barca seems like another lifetime now.

Syder

He's just not the player he was, injuries have taken a toll on him. IMO he should drop down to the championship and try to rebuild from the ground up. If he's still good enough for the PL he will end up back there sooner rather than later.
He had some flashes of quality at Bournemouth but I think he's done. Arsenal should try and get as much money as possible for him while they still can.

Markitron

He had some flashes of quality at Bournemouth but I think he's done. Arsenal should try and get as much money as possible for him while they still can.

I'm not sure they will get anything for him, don't know how long is left on his deal but I woulda thought Arsenal would be just happy to get him off the books.

Syder

I can't believe that second Kyle Walker yellow...

That bump wouldn't knock over a five year old; Calvert-Lewin should be embarrassed.

Wilshere could probably do well in Serie A, maybe La Liga? He looked so good once, I'd hate for him to play out his career getting kicked around the Championship.

Markitron

Wilshere could probably do well in Serie A, maybe La Liga? He looked so good once, I'd hate for him to play out his career getting kicked around the Championship.

I doubt he would have much of a rep outside England anymore. Add to that his injury record and the fact that he might not be good enough for either of those leagues anymore. Championship is prolly the best place right now.

I can't believe that second Kyle Walker yellow...

That bump wouldn't knock over a five year old; Calvert-Lewin should be embarrassed.

It was a soft yellow but for how the ref was booking Calvert-Lewin did the right thing. Walker made no attempt for the ball and it was clear the ref was going to be a cunt all game. Took City far too long to start playing that game back.

I doubt he would have much of a rep outside England anymore. Add to that his injury record and the fact that he might not be good enough for either of those leagues anymore. Championship is prolly the best place right now.

He isn't going to bother learning the basic football communications in Spanish or Italian either so will be useless like the few that do go over.

Markitron

It was a soft yellow but for how the ref was booking Calvert-Lewin did the right thing. Walker made no attempt for the ball and it was clear the ref was going to be a cunt all game. Took City far too long to start playing that game back.

Refs in the PL have no accountability and there are no consequences when they have a bad game. They get to pretend like nothing happened and just move on. That's the problem.

Refs in the PL have no accountability and there are no consequences when they have a bad game. They get to pretend like nothing happened and just move on. That's the problem.

Yeah that is a problem. As is the inconsistency between games and different refs on the type of decisions they make.

I generally don't give a fuck about the refs any more. They make bad decisions every game so prefer to look at what the teams do to adapt to the play the refs are trying to dictate.

faridmon

I'll take it.... begrudgingly.

We were awful, sitting back against 10 men. But I am happy we played with 3 youngsters (Davies, Holgate, Calvert-Lewin) who all were outstanding. We played at away, and there is some issue with fitness' as well gelling.

But drawing, and almost losing against 10 men really hurts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom