• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

Interrogator: Tell us where the bomb is
Bad guy: No!
Interrogator:
giphy.gif

https://youtu.be/qLYAy3A_2Aw?t=1m27s

Bad guy: Okay, I'll tell you!

Vxir2b4.gif

MrS

Banned
Anything with Clive Tyldesley is bad, he is hands down the WORST commentator in footballing history; he is the perfect combination of annoying voice, pointless meandering commentary and stupid 'clever' one-liners that never land.

Before you throw out your Niall Quinns and your Robbie Savages and your Trevor Brookings, let me remind you of this fucking gem

"JUSTICE FOR THE ENGLAND ELEVEN!"

wE7lq_s-200x150.gif
Bruh I died when he said that when that match was on. Like hoooooooly fuck how insensitive can you get?

Doc_Drop

Anything with Clive Tyldesley is bad, he is hands down the WORST commentator in footballing history; he is the perfect combination of annoying voice, pointless meandering commentary and stupid 'clever' one-liners that never land.

Before you throw out your Niall Quinns and your Robbie Savages and your Trevor Brookings, let me remind you of this fucking gem

"JUSTICE FOR THE ENGLAND ELEVEN!"

wE7lq_s-200x150.gif
Legit hate watching English commentators on BBC and ITV...can't we just get the test match special team to do football as well as cricket. I'd honestly pay for a second license fee

Tubie

I cant believe Barcelona still hasnt signed any of their targets. And Messi still hasnt signed his new contract either.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the players are taking a piss at the board, no other way to explain that photo with Messi and Neymar.

They are fed up of the board, and now IMO in open rebellion.

Wow, this whole possession thing is working for Napoli it seems. Weird.

Yeah Napoli have been good. Why I was surprised only Arsenal were linked with Jorginho he would have fit into multiple prem teams (especially City). But then again getting Italians in any other league than Seria A is almost as rare as English players in Euro leagues.

Legit hate watching English commentators on BBC and ITV...can't we just get the test match special team to do football as well as cricket. I'd honestly pay for a second license fee

At least we don't have to listen to Ray Hudson if you want to watch La Liga games. I purchased Sky Football after ten mins of listening to that cunt.

There's some British Isles guy (his accent is, to me, unplaceable) on Fox I think who gets by on screaming out the most inane shit you can think of. He's the worst I've ever heard.

Dark Rider

I think it is very possible that Messi realized that Neymar salary is not on the club sheets anymore and he is holding signing his new contract hostage until the club add it to his salary.
not entirely serious but it is possible

Zasa

Yeah Napoli have been good. Why I was surprised only Arsenal were linked with Jorginho he would have fit into multiple prem teams (especially City). But then again getting Italians in any other league than Seria A is almost as rare as English players in Euro leagues.
There are a lot of great players from Napoli that haven't been linked with top tier CL clubs, oddly enough.

Insigne is one of the best left wingers in the market right now, & few will provide the goals he does. Also one of the best ball-carriers out there. Jorginho is a brilliant deep-lying playmaker, Hamsik has always been one of the best midfielders in Italy. Now Sarri has turned him into a complete midfielder who's capable of both controlling & being a goal/assist machine going forward (but he's a Napoli faithful & is now 30). Koulibaly is at a good age & is a great ball-playing CB, etc.

Sarri's brilliant though, & the players love it there. So I can't blame them for not wanting to leave.

???

Ray Hudson is amazing.

The first time I heard Hudson I really enjoyed him (think i might have even made a post about him) but the second game I watched it started to grate. Third I wanted to punch him in the face. The dynamic between him and his co-commentator is so weird. One talks about the game then hudson just goes off on one for 5 mins about salmon leaping out of streams.

There are a lot of great players from Napoli that haven't been linked with top tier CL clubs, oddly enough.

Insigne is one of the best left wingers in the market right now, & few will provide the goals he does. Also one of the best ball-carriers out there. Jorginho is a brilliant deep-lying playmaker, Hamsik has always been one of the best midfielders in Italy. Now Sarri has turned him into a complete midfielder who's capable of both controlling & being a goal/assist machine going forward (but he's a Napoli faithful & is now 30). Koulibaly is at a good age & is a great ball-playing CB, etc.

Sarri's brilliant though, & the players love it there. So I can't blame them for not wanting to leave.

Yeah I like it myself. I enjoyed more games by Napoli, Atlanta and Roma last season than other team from other leagues. Found Juve a bit infuriating to watch though.

Labadal

Watford lost, lol. I see a Swedish guy, Niclas Eliasson, scored the winner. He was solid at Norrköping. I hope he gets lots of game time. I'm always happy to see our guys doing well abroad.

I'm nervous ahead of the Hoffenheim game. We have the lead and we play at home, yet I know that we are masters at screwing up.

I have also been thinking of the Coutinho situation. I do not excuse him for how he has behaved, but it is clear he started to act wrongly once it became clear that we aren't getting any of our top transfer targets. At this point, I'm not sure we will be able to land anyone that fans will be pleased with. I should go to bed, but I can't get no sleep.

MAGESTERIAL

Listen to all of those 5 times each and try to tell me you still like him lol.

I hated Ray first time i listened to him. Everytime i watched a game he commentated i put it on mute. But now i like him 😂. His comparisons or metaphors when he commentates be weird as fuck! The oliver twist and revolving doors 😂.

HEARTBREAK TURNS INTO SHEER DELIGHT. ORGASMIC JUBILATION! Im dyinggggg 😂😂😂😂

One of my favorites is "Real Madrids defense spread out like spandex on Miami Beach and Casillas is left naked"

casiopao

Sarri is a great coach that is really fluent is tactical knowledge and depth.

If only Napoli is arsed enough to buy some good defender and keeper, they can easily beat Juventus if u ask me here.

They play fast, press hard and keep pushing forward. The only problem i always see is, they often ran out of gas around 70+ minute. U often see them concede around that time there.

Sarri is a great coach that is really fluent is tactical knowledge and depth.

If only Napoli is arsed enough to buy some good defender and keeper, they can easily beat Juventus if u ask me here.

They play fast, press hard and keep pushing forward. The only problem i always see is, they often ran out of gas around 70+ minute. U often see them concede around that time there.

Everytime i watch Napoli play im like "damn i like their style of play". One of my favorite teams to watch besides Bayern.

Surprised a top club hasn't come and acquired Insigne too.

T-Rex.

Banned
So Barca have bid for Coutinho on the night before, or on the day of, some of our most important games so far. PL opener, CL qualifier etc. Twats.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So Barca have bid for Coutinho on the night before, or on the day of, some of our most important games so far. PL opener, CL qualifier etc. Twats.

Absolute scummy club, how do they keep getting away with this year after year?

Do they actually think this is somehow going to work? LFC should do to them what Southampton (rightfully) did to us, refuse to sell. Though at least with the VVD situation it was months before any games and LFC had the decency to at least apologise.

Blablurn

Hendrik Buchheister @h_buchheister

Julian Nagelsmann berichtet, dass seine erste Europapokal-Erinnerung Bayern gegen Manchester United 1999 war. Wir werden alle alt.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Hendrik Buchheister @h_buchheister

Julian Nagelsmann berichtet, dass seine erste Europapokal-Erinnerung Bayern gegen Manchester United 1999 war. Wir werden alle alt.

Assume this is Nagelsmann talking about a comeback? He really has been running his mouth about this fixture hasn't he. Being positive and getting your team fired up is one thing, but he might be taking it a bit far.

tim.mbp

Assume this is Nagelsmann talking about a comeback? He really has been running his mouth about this fixture hasn't he. Being positive and getting your team fired up is one thing, but he might be taking it a bit far.

That's his thing though. Motivation > tactics.

Markitron

That's his thing though. Motivation > tactics.

Seems to me he is motivating Liverpool just as much as Hoffenheim though, invoking a famous Man Utd comeback isn't gonna do him any favours at Anfield.

T-Rex.

Banned
Absolute scummy club, how do they keep getting away with this year after year?

Do they actually think this is somehow going to work? LFC should do to them what Southampton (rightfully) did to us, refuse to sell. Though at least with the VVD situation it was months before any games and LFC had the decency to at least apologise.
We obviously aren't going to sell at this point so the longer they spend trying to get him, the more likely they are to miss out on their other targets. It's just the timing of the bids that's really annoying cos they're deliberately trying to destabilise the club.

I hope we just ignore their bid.

Markitron

We obviously aren't going to sell at this point so the longer they spend trying to get him, the more likely they are to miss out on their other targets. It's just the timing of the bids that's really annoying cos they're deliberately trying to destabilise the club.

I hope we just ignore their bid.

I'm fairly certain they will eject it out of hand this morning, the timing and structure of the bids have been total insults. Barca are a bigger club than Liverpool, but it's not like Liverpool don't have a reputation of their own to protect.

Blablurn

:lol no

He said, his earliest european cup memory is manchester defeat over bayern in 1999

Because you know... he is young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom