• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The Premier League peaked at Costa vs Skrtel.

Nah it was when DiCanio pushed that ref and it took him about 3 minutes to actually fall over.

FJtUy4.gif

He's fucking back after 4 months.

From April:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...hester-United-Knee-Meniscus-Cruciate-Ligament

Ben Dinnery, CEO of Premier League Injuries Ltd, said: "Recovery from this type of injury will typically take between 9-12 months.

"Probably closer to a year, and ordinarily it wouldn't be career threatening.

"Surgery success rates are good, however, given that Zlatan is now 35-years-old, it's unlikely he'll play again at the highest level.

"Although he may choose to end his career with a season in China or the MLS."

4 days ago he posts this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvzkQhYW-e8

Ibra ain't human man.

DBT85

Zla10 is back. Sweet.

Hopefully coming back from injury he'll accept a non starting role int he team. Having him available is going to be a great boost.

Beefy

Few papers saying Arsenal are in talks to sign Van Dijk. This rumour stuff is going to go on and on until the window is shut.

TimmmV

Am I the only one who thought that Zlatan actually slowed down United last season, and was part of the reason why they got so many draws?

Obviously hes still a very good player, but he shouldn't be getting games ahead of Lukaku or Martial/Rashford

Audioboxer

Zlatan is back? Fucccccck yeah.

In other great news I got a bar of chocolate in work the other day and it has some Cadbury prize code. Finally entered it

h54yCDN.png

Cadbury, pls.

DBT85

Am I the only one who thought that Zlatan actually slowed down United last season, and was part of the reason why they got so many draws?

Obviously hes still a very good player, but he shouldn't be getting games ahead of Lukaku or Martial/Rashford
I think he did also, but was often played with Rooney and both were trying to drop off rather than push the line and both couldn't keep up with the other players.

I have to think he isn't going to be the first name on the team sheet when he returns so he can give us an extra option. Either in behind Lukaku or as a late game sub. We'll have to see!

Audioboxer

Sorry to say but I don't see City putting three past Begovic.

The funniest thing that could happen is that result turns up and my reward instead of having a betting coupon on is some chocolate bars for free. The odds for a Bournemouth/City 4-3 must be pretty insane.

His goal return was still decent even with all his misses. The biggest problem last season was the midfield and inside forwards/"wingers" not contributing anywhere near enough.

If Man Utd stop being so adverse to playing 2 strikers then Lukaku and Ibra together would be insane. Lukakus hold up play is still dodgy as fuck, but Zlatan's is world class. I know what I will be doing in FM2018.

The main issue for Mourinho is he needs wingers to play 2 strikers. Bring back 4-4-2 man, I hate how the modern game is so scared of 4-4-2. 3-5-2 is okay, but I still like a stable back 4 with attacking LB/RB.

edit: Here's a Zlatan interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRlnYg994eo

Well Zlatan is a striker that is best when playing between the lines with another striker playing the line so he can contribute to build up play or hold up to play through a striker facing goal. Which in turn also allows him to arrive into space for a cross or deflection. United last year had Rooney who played the deeper role and Zlatan pushed the line so unless is being given a peach of a ball he is going to look for the pass and neither Martial or Rashford are good enough to take up the slack by not having a player that can properly play the line and create space for him.

Mbappe possibly moving to PSG with some shit like 200m euro transfer and 15m a year? An 18 year old. How the fuck is allowed you greedy cunts? These dudes are straight up turning into Evil Empire type of ish. An 18 year old is about to get paid wages that the highest earner in Bayern Munich makes, a club that rakes income in the top 3-4 every year.

ihy.gif

tenor.gif

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/sport/football/15493098.Allardyce_questions_Crystal_Palace_target___s_omission_from_Liverpool_squad/?ref=rss

You're not the only one who questions that bullshit Big Sam. If you don't want the guy, let him go then. If Klopp let's Phil back into the squad after what he's done, I can't take that him seriously.

At this point I just think we're holding on to get the biggest price for him possible. Maybe trying to prove we're not gonna roll over easy.

I want Bayern to be drawn into a tough group! No easy games, want the hard earned games against good teams to prepare us for the R16, QTs and Semis

Moobabe

BeinSports saying Barca have signed Dembele €120m + €30m add ons. 😂

Star are reporting that too.

Really hope that's not true.

Why can't we just make BIDS for players. Then if it's turned down, up it or move on. All this tapping up nonsense is shit.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm 50/50 with the Dembele story. On one hand it means they are unlikely to sign Phil, and while I'm not pleased with how he has gone on, in a months time I'm not gonna care when he cuts in and curls another screamer into the corner.

On the other hand I like Dortmund and don't wanna see them be screwed over by scummy Barca so late in the window.

PSG has brought about the Football apocalypse.

Enjoy these last moments lads.

This market can't possibly be sustained can it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom