• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
In Spain they're reporting 130m plus 20m on add ons... and one last try for Coutinho this weekend hahaha

Are they expecting to get Coutinho for less than Dembele? Because thats 50m more than they offered for Phil.

Player prices have become absolutely insane. God knows what a younger Messi or Ronaldo would go for today.

They would go for 150-200m as they are now, so there isn't enough money in the world to buy early 20's versions of them.

sammex

He's fucking back after 4 months.

From April:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...hester-United-Knee-Meniscus-Cruciate-Ligament

4 days ago he posts this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvzkQhYW-e8

Ibra ain't human man.

Talking with other physios I know the consensus is that he's been rushing his rehab and no way should he be at this stage already. Everyone expects he'll reinjure himself within a year. It's just not possible to get back that quickly in a safe way.

Dadasch

Ok, I can live with 120mio + 30mio Bonus...if Barca wants to pay this ridiculous sum for Dembele he can go immediately. At least he is in France now, so the flight won't be that long.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Ok, I can live with 120mio + 30mio Bonus...if Barca wants to pay this ridiculous sum for Dembele he can go immediately. At least he is in France now, so the flight won't be that long.

Do Dortmund have anyone lined up to replace him?

Orgen

Are they expecting to get Coutinho for less than Dembele? Because thats 50m more than they offered for Phil.

They were expected to spend more than 100m this year before Neymar's debacle. Semedo + Paulinho = 70m so that's still +250m to spend on players.

Tubie

I still remember when Barca fans would mock Madrid for spending 100m for Bale lol.

Oh how I remember how much shit they talked and how great La Masia was and how they didn't need to spend big money for players like Madrid did.

Jarnet87

Mou could play Ibra as a 10 or second striker behind Lukaku, that was his position in 2015 for PSG no? May work on teams that are parking the bus, doubt he would use it in big games.

Bronx-Man

Banned
English commentators on footballers:
DH8QnrrXYAEup3D
I'm fucking rolling right now

DBT85

Talking with other physios I know the consensus is that he's been rushing his rehab and no way should he be at this stage already. Everyone expects he'll reinjure himself within a year. It's just not possible to get back that quickly in a safe way.
Unless we know the exact details of the injury I don't know how anyone can speculate, and the only people that know just how bad it was are those that worked with him.

Well he only has a few years left so might as well go all out I guess.

Plus yeah, do we know exactly how serious it was in the end?

sammex

Unless we know the exact details of the injury I don't know how anyone can speculate, and the only people that know just how bad it was are those that worked with him.

Well he only has a few years left so might as well go all out I guess.

Plus yeah, do we know exactly how serious it was in the end?

Because an ACL reconstruction can only differ in the which type of graft is used to reconstruct the ACL - otherwise all ACL ruptures are the same. You can use a patellar tendon graft, hamstring graft, or a donor graft from a donor (rare). Rehab from all of them follows a pretty similar trajectory regardless - I've personally rehabbed 5 professional athletes with various ACL repairs and they've all taken approx 9 months to return to competitive level sport.

There's no degree to how serious it is, either you tear it or you don't. That's how we can speculate. You don't need to have worked with him to know that he's at the same start point as anyone else who has had the same surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom