• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Ospina, Mertesacker, Holding, Monreal, Bellerin, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Iwobi, Walcott, Sanchez, Giroud.

VLiberty

not a fan of Atalanta but I'd still be happy if they manage to get to the KS.

As every other year, I'm rooting for an italian team to win the UEL. It will be even easier in February when Napoli will be likely there...
:/

Lashley

He's gotta be playing four at the back with that lineup right?

343 on the match sheet

DJtAvkbXgAAav7f.jpg:large

Match delayed an hour too

It looks like a 4-4-2 with Sanchez and Giroud up top and Maitland-Niles and Elneny in the middle. But Wenger hasn't played 4-4-2 since Bergkamp was around has he?

Probably 4-2-3-1 tbh. Iwobi playing number 10 and Sanchez and Walcott on the wings

Edit: I stand corrected. You can never discount some good old fashioned Arsene Wenger logic

Jesus christ...

I will never understand that shit. You're flying out for what is a big game for your club, I would assume you go there to enjoy yourself and to watch the game...Fucking idiotic muppets.

Köln travelled with 20k fans and Arsenal only gave them 3k tickets while (not sure if true) half the stadium will be empty.

So lots of Germans outside the stadium without a ticket.

Just realised with the amount of top quality players that can leave on a free next summer this Jan transfer window is going to be crazy.

Köln travelled with 20k fans and Arsenal only gave them 3k tickets while (not sure if true) half the stadium will be empty.

So lots of Germans outside the stadium without a ticket.

Well why travel with 20k fans then?

Plus these fuckheads are already inside the fucking stadium...

remember lads, only english fans behave badly abroad

Lots of Cologne supporters are often very problematic. I can remember lots of incidents in front and even inside our arena. And now they're back in a European competition after 25 years which makes them act even more idiotic.

I'm not an Arsenal fan but please, please smash these cunts.

Zasa

Remember when Guardiola was a fraud?

Even if Guardiola wins the league, he'll still be called that by the ignorant folk. It's not even banter for some, as many genuinely regurgitate that nonsense like it's the truth. Ignoramuses be damned.

Understanding basic football is hard apparently

Lashley

enjoy the atmosphere?

pretty lame from Arsenal tbh to not give them more tickets when they don't sell out their stadium

Hardly our fault if these idiots turn up with 20k supporters when they had 3k tickets allocated

it's simple math

Lashley

James Olley @JamesOlley
19s
Cologne players are out to warm up but conversations going on between UEFA and the clubs about whether this can go ahead.

Lashley

The safest, best and most profitable option. This really looks like a bad idea, there are pockets of Arsenal fans completely surrounded by scores of away fans.

Apparently a ton of Arsenal fans have went home, can hardly blame them

Apparently a ton of Arsenal fans have went home, can hardly blame them

They went home after selling their tickets to away fans, they caused this whole mess...
Too many only arrived at the emirates so they could sell their tickets to save them themselves the embarrassment of watching their beloved team play under Wenger.

And Arsenal have to play Red Star Belgrade.

Hope they learn clubs in the Europa League have more passionate fans and take measures to protect fans

Top Bottom