• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Meier

OHHH my fiancee is gonna flip her shit!

73372_445898518827940_205956340_n.jpg

The AC 3DS is officially coming! She has been waiting over 2 years for Animal Crossing to get a 3DS.. this is perfect for her.

Slizz

Juve AND Inter! New Jersey will go mental.

This made me laugh harder than it should.

They are saying 1-2 of the remaining teams will be from the PL. Then probably a Mexican team and a South American team.... Would like to see Dortmund or Bayern though... Shit PSG even.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

They are saying 1-2 of the remaining teams will be from the PL. Then probably a Mexican team and a South American team.... Would like to see Dortmund or Bayern though... Shit PSG even.
Liverpool.

Meier

That ESPN article mentioned 7 European teams (and the Galaxy) but it could just be conjecture on their part.

Slizz

That ESPN article mentioned 7 European teams (and the Galaxy) but it could just be conjecture on their part.

Yeah the official site for the Cup doesn't mention specifically European teams just 'prestigious and powerful' teams.

Last few Exhibition matches here have involved 1 European team and a Mexican team, I'm all for the European teams though.

deGod

Yeah the official site for the Cup doesn't mention specifically European teams just 'prestigious and powerful' teams.

Last few Exhibition matches here have involved 1 European team and a Mexican team, I'm all for the European teams though.

Fullham was one of them last year weren't they?

Moobabe

I'm on board for this Schurrle deal. I don't like that De Bruyne is involved, but if we hold onto ownership, and he's alright with staying out on loan, then I think it's good business for everyone.

I just hope whomever our manager is next year is behind this as well.

I doubt it - we were linked with Schurrle last summer but it fell through iirc - this is a move of our "director of football" I think.

Saying that he looks a good player - I don't know where that leaves Lukaku though, or De Bruyne - two players who I would very much like to see playing for us.

Serie-A mafios... fans, does Roma got what it takes to beat Inter? haven't followed it closely for a few months, i do know Inter is merda since Mourinho sapped the lifeforce out of the San Siro walls.

Jin_7

Speaking of that. Football could learn a thing or two from Hockey. Make the matches 80 min and add the injury time and wasted time from players like Krul into that. That or stop the time whenver the game is not on. Would save us pricks who just feign injury to waste time.

Agreed. I'd also like to see each team captain be able to contest 1 or 2 ref decisions per game which would be examined by a video ref team on the spot.

AS English ‏@English_AS
Mourinho declares that he won't be at Real Madrid next season, more to follow.

ChelsTransferGossip‏@ChelsTransfer
As posted yesterday, that Jose Mourinho was in London, confirmed by @RTLFrance

Coming home, he's coming home.

will end up with Pellegrini... lol :(

Wasn't he in London because his property had been robbed?

Fucking Atalanta and Cagliari had what it took to beat Inter the last two matches.

holy shit, just bet the farm on Roma.

thinking about laying some € on both Chesters too, but i like West Ham chances of griding out a draw, their head-to-head record is anything but consistent at the Upton Park.

FeD.nL

When we finally (officially) get the cup I hope all the players enter the stage with the new superman theme playing.. damn that trailer/music, amazing.

faridmon

Agreed. I'd also like to see each team captain be able to contest 1 or 2 ref decisions per game which would be examined by a video ref team on the spot.

Excellent idea. No need to mob on the ref. if one player just argue with the decision, it would save us a lot cringe worthy dramas.

I don''t see this happaning though, especially as long as that prick Blatter is on the helm.

Meier

Apparently van Wolfswinkel's contract with Norwich included a clause that if they get relegated, the deal is off. I think they're probably safe but who knows. That third relegation spot is going to be an absolute battle.

Agent Louis Laros told A Bola that, if Norwich were relegated, the future of the striker would again be up in the air, Sky Sports reported.

"There is a special clause in the deal accepted by all parties that stipulates that if Norwich leave the Premier League the future of Ricky van Wolfswinkel will be open again," he said.

"That is the reality, but we are confident in the ability of the English club to remain in the top division.

"For now, Ricky is only thinking about Sporting and helping them to get results. At the end of the season, he will start to focus on Norwich."
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1415652/striker-move-needs-norwich-survival?cc=5901

They're gonna need him next season. Can't believe Grant Holt has only managed 5 this season.. you know he's pissed he didn't get that transfer he requested after last year. His value is nothing now.

Carbonox

Apparently Van Wolfswinkel's contract with Norwich included a clause that if they get relegated, the deal is off. I think they're probably safe but who knows. That third spot is a battle.

I don't see Norwich going down. Newcastle will occupy that third spot.

Wes

venison crêpe
Probably smart all around. Norwich couldn't afford him in the Championship and he wouldn't want to play in that league.

Slizz

I haven't played this years but I always thought it was harder with Barca than it was with RM, Bayern of Chelsea just cos of dat physicality which is basically king in Fifa.

This, I never use Barca due to lack of size.

When I get beaten by Barca its mainly due to spam lead balls either on ground or through the air to Messi, who then just speeds past all the defenders.

Top Bottom