• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: The World's Highest Paid Actors 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtf Jackie killing it
Rock makes sense but goddamn

8. Shah Rukh Khan – $33 million
10. Akshay Kumar – $31.5 million
10. Deepika Padukone – $10 million

I have no idea who these people are

5. Fan Bingbing – $17 million

Fan KILLIN IT

Fan played Blink in DOFP, right?

Come on guys there are other film markets out there besides Hollywood. Just because YOU didn't see anything with Jackie Chan in it does not mean he wasn't in anything.

pj

Banned
"I started w/ $7 bucks. If I can overcome, so can you. "

I'm tall and handsome and so can you

Bishop89

How does Jackie make that much?
No seriously?

It must be all in China because I don't think Ive seen any movie with him in it, in the cinemas.

dramatis

Fan played Blink in DOFP, right?
Yes.

She did a lot of other movies in China as well the past year, and she probably rakes in a good deal of her sum from advertising contracts. What she got paid for being Blink probably isn't as much as people think it is.

Wow the top two males were entirely unexpected. I didn't even know Jackie Chan was still working, guess its all Chinese movies?

And dat pay gap between male and female, geeze.

Yes.

She did a lot of other movies in China as well the past year, and she probably rakes in a good deal of her sum from advertising contracts. What she got paid for being Blink probably isn't as much as people think it is.

I know, but I've not seen her in much so I tried to recall a movie with her that released in Sweden.

Markets outside the US like India and China are huge but the movies almost never shows up outside them. We almost never get to see the movies that brings in so much money for them.

Tom Nook

Jackie at #2!

Went to IMDB, looks like there could be a Rush Hour 4. LOL @ Tucker

Jackie Chan has admitted that he was not interested in reprising his role as Lee. He says that he would only reprise his role if the script is good. Chris Tucker on the other hand, joined in not even looking at the script

Markets outside the US like India and China are huge but the movies almost never shows up outside them.

They don't need to. Smaller budgets and gigantic domestic audiences mean they are profitable without having to work around the constraints of trying to appeal to international (especially western) audiences.

Even then the bigger Bollywood and Chinese movies are generally released regionally as well.

Line_HTX

Dang, I might just take up on The Rock's offer and try Waffle House for the first time ever!

Huge congrats and The Rock is so awesome. It's like his character in Central Intelligence. Work out everyday for 6 straight years, hahaha

That discrepancy between male and female is something else..

Also, congrats to The Rock. He worked his ass off and seems like a great dude.
Is it? Don't male leads generally star in movies as the main star a ton more than female actors? What exactly is so shocking about this?

Agree on the Rock. Dude seems awesome and is rightfully getting paid for being a hard working guy. Also Jackie boy #2 :eek:

Alrus

Jackie Chan is super rich but he's not worth 2 billions guys... Forbes estimated his net worth at 350m last year.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Rock, you started with 7 bucks... and a family that was already involved in the wrestling business. Come on now.

kunonabi

It's cray most of the females actors won't make the top ten male list.

Well outside of the top 3 none of them are really a draw at this point. It will be interesting to see if Lawrence stays at number 1 with the Hunger games and X-Men behind her.

Depp better hope the next Pirates is a hit.

Zimbardo

amazing to see The Rock topping the list.

i remember him first starting out in the WWF, and sucking so bad that he got booed as a babyface. you know you suck when you're trying to be a good guy and get booed more than the heel.

after that, he eventually moved on to become the best and most entertaining wrestling personality in the business ...to now topping the highest paid actors list ...beating out guys like Tom Cruise.

amazing to see his journey.

@TheRock Dwayne Johnson Retweeted Forbes
Want to say two things about this.

I started w/ $7 bucks. If I can overcome, so can you.

Waffle House on me!!

image.php

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
For real I haven't seen a Jackie chan movie in forever

I was thinking this as well. It's an interesting feeling to know there could be 6-12 Jackie Chan films to catch up on. 62 years old, he's younger than I thought.

NastyBook

Jackie Chan #2 and hasn't spent a DIME of that getting Rush Hour 2 out on Blu Ray. Worthless motherfucker...

*salty af*

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Jackie Chan is super rich but he's not worth 2 billions guys... Forbes estimated his net worth at 350m last year.

If you google it, google says net worth of 1.75 billion, with source of Forbes. If you look at Wikipedia it says 350 mill. Forbes actual site says 350 mill as well. Wonder where they're getting that number from.

kswiston

I wonder if this is the first time that white guys only nabbed 5 of the top 10 best paid actors spots (I would imagine the percentage goes up if we looked at #11-50).

Maybe people read 2B Yuan as $2B USD.

$350M is 2.3B Yuan.

the peoples champ putting in that work, daaamn. also wow at jackie chan, the dude is like 200 by now and still doing movies, crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom