• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

big_z

How’s the frame rate on consoles? According to digital foundry the original fortnite ran better on Xbox because of frame pacing issues on PS4 or something like that. Curious if epic fixed that issue.

MrBlonde

I guess I'm a little confused, is this the same fortnite game that was for sale recently and now it's free or is this something different?

Portugeezer

I guess I'm a little confused, is this the same fortnite game that was for sale recently and now it's free or is this something different?

This is a game mode in Fortnite, and this game mode is free to play. The other Fortnite stuff is not free and you have to purchase it.

This is a game mode in Fortnite, and this game mode is free to play. The other Fortnite stuff is not free and you have to purchase it.

The PVE side of the game is not f2p, yet. It'll be f2p later on. Right now you can buy an access bundle. It's a solid game. Here is the OT http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408699

MrBlonde

This is a free Battle Royale mode. And it's pretty good!

The PVE side of the game is not f2p, yet. It'll be f2p later on. Right now you can buy an access bundle. It's a solid game. Here is the OT http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408699

Thanks, I'll check it out

souppboy

Neo Member
Is BR crossplay with PS4 too or only the main modes are?

Yes. PC and PS4 are crossplay

HGAU2pF.png

Come here to get a squad together!

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
They nixed PC/Xbone cross play

From what I gather on the forums PS4 people cannot play with PC people. So it seems they killed it on both. If they haven't then fuck this game I am out. Not going to play a ps4 game with PC cheaters and Keyboard and Mouse users. Totally defeats the purpose of playing on PS4.

How’s the frame rate on consoles? According to digital foundry the original fortnite ran better on Xbox because of frame pacing issues on PS4 or something like that. Curious if epic fixed that issue.

PS4 Pro, feels like a locked 60, is probably a fluctuating 50-60. Very hard to say.

Yes. PC and PS4 are crossplay

Come here to get a squad together!

They nixed PC/Xbone cross play

Battle Royale is not cross-play at all. PC/PS4 is likely to happen in the future.

From what I gather on the forums PS4 people cannot play with PC people. So it seems they killed it on both. If they haven't then fuck this game I am out. Not going to play a ps4 game with PC cheaters and Keyboard and Mouse users. Totally defeats the purpose of playing on PS4.

PS4 has keyboard & mouse support though lol. PC cheaters what?

MUnited83

For you.
Cheaters are not an actual concern unless Epic has barely invested in decent cheat protection, and every game on PS4 can be played with keyboard and mouse so your "purpose" has been long lost tbh

I thought they used to have crossplay enabled "by accident" the first couple hours BR launched.

They did, and it was all 3 platforms. It was disabled.

The game is currently "cross-progression" meaning your stats are recorded together on PC/PS4 if your Epic account is linked. But there's currently no public stat system available.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Cheaters are not an actual concern unless Epic has barely invested in decent cheat protection, and every game on PS4 can be played with keyboard and mouse so your "purpose" has been long lost tbh

Battle Royale is not cross-play at all. PC/PS4 is likely to happen in the future.

PS4 has keyboard & mouse support though lol. PC cheaters what?

The amount of PS4 KB&M users is small, thus the chance of dealing with one is also small. The amount of KB&M users on PC is, well, everyone, and controller players dont have a chance.

You can use cheat programs and other stuff to cheat on PC games. Consoles generally don't have that problem.

Only people who want to use KB&M on PS4 are those that want to have an unfair advantage due to low skill with a controller.

MUnited83

For you.
The amount of PS4 KB&M users is small, thus the chance of dealing with one is also small. The amount of KB&M users on PC is, well, everyone, and controller players dont have a chance.

You can use cheat programs and other stuff to cheat on PC games. Consoles generally don't have that problem.

Only people who want to use KB&M on PS4 are those that want to have an unfair advantage due to low skill with a controller.

Again, cheat programs are not really a program if Epic uses a decent anti-cheat solution.
The amount of PS4 KB&M is definitely not just "small", and if you are a decent player you will eventually get matched with them.

kendrid

Banned
Again, cheat programs are not really a program if Epic uses a decent anti-cheat solution.
The amount of PS4 KB&M is definitely not just "small", and if you are a decent player you will eventually get matched with them.

On Epic's forum a development manager has said priority #1 is detecting and banning cheaters. Since the game is free they know there will be a lot.

He said he wouldn't go into any details on what they are doing because that gives the people that make the cheats too much info.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

Do you not see the problem with matching with PC players? Honestly? I played a ton of battlefield 4 on PS4 and never have felt outmatched like I was trying to play BF4 on PC with a controller.

I literally had no chance at getting close 1 K/D ratio going against PC players with an Xbox controller.

On PS4, with a ps4 controller, I have a 3.0 K/D ratio.

ON PC with a M/KB I had a 2.3 K/D ratio.

Mouse and Keyboard is a MASSIVE advantage and it pisses me off it is allowed on PS4.

Or...they feel more comfortable playing shooters with KB&M. Some people play with a gamepad on PC for the same reason.

So you are cool with FNBR leaderboards being all PC players or PS4 Keyboard and Mouse users? How do you not understand that is is a huge problem. The best controller users have no chance against even bad M/KB players.

No, I can say for certainty this is bullshit. I'd prefer to play with KBM on any platform, not because it's better but simply my preferred choice of input on most if not all games.

Man, I shotgun someone like 5 times and didn't kill him... I wish I could practice with the guns.

I hope they put in a shooting range, it'll also double as a zone to learn the building mechanics.

Is there a way to mark the map on PS4? How am I supposed to know where my squad is going besides just seeing their name as they jump off the bus?

souppboy

Neo Member

was just playing with my buddy on PC. PC/PS4 are crossplay

Edit: weird paste issue on mobile

Nialrot

Is there a way to mark the map on PS4? How am I supposed to know where my squad is going besides just seeing their name as they jump off the bus?

There is a marker on the map in the middle when you initially open the map. Just use the right thumb stick to move it about.

GHG

Gold Member
It seems that the more you move, and depending on the quality of your weapon you may end up taking longer to kill people.

Yep. Crouch and ADS is the most effective way to take other players down in this game. Resist the temptation to move/jump around while in firefights.

arghhhh!!!

Got top 4. Finally got a sweet sniper kill.

Then I was getting shot and couldnt figure out from where. Im so ashamed

Need to work on getting the walls up

Redders

The bush tip is God like.

Managed to guess the middle with 15 players to go, found a bush and waited down to 3 players with me in the middle watching 2 players taking pot shots at each other was brilliant.

Came 2nd after one killed the other as had no shield and only green weapons, highest finish so far though.

Top Bottom