• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

majik13

Are there new structures in the game? Got to a spot maybe id never seen before with cars and trucks stacked really high into the sky like towers and stairs, and then later like a car giant person/robot made of cars. Saw them back to back in 2 different games. Maybe id just never been to these spots before?

Anyways finaaaallly got my first win. Whole 4 man squad made it all the way to the end. Was only the 2nd game for of my 2 friends.

After the WORST PUBG games I've ever had since the game came out.Raged outta battlegrounds and got friends to play Fortnite on xbox and we got 5 wins and 2 place twice..I would kill if we could do as good in this game as PUBG but enjoying this game alot more than battlegrounds lately

Maximus P

Are there new structures in the game? Got to a spot maybe id never seen before with cars and trucks stacked really high into the sky like towers and stairs, and then later like a car giant person/robot made of cars. Saw them back to back in 2 different games. Maybe id just never been to these spots before?

Anyways finaaaallly got my first win. Whole 4 man squad made it all the way to the end. Was only the 2nd game for of my 2 friends.

Yeah, they've always been there.

Congrats on the win.

phen0m24

Watching my son play this tonight and oh my gosh he's a bona-fide bush wookiee.

He hopes and prays for the circle to include some camp-worthy bushes and he gets some hilarious kills that way.

"Ohhhhhhh look a pile of untouched loot!"

Itsatrap.gif

I watched him kill 4 people that way and about fell over laughing.

Playing this with friends is so much fun except when the loot/circle screws you over for a few rounds in a row. But oh well.

Project Spark: PUBG for life

Got a 1st in solo in my 3rd game, was more luck that skill for sure. I went massively out of my way at the start to get away from the crowd but turned out that the area where I was in ended up being the middle of the circle at the end. Managed to pick up a sniper on my travels and at the end when it was 1 on 1 the last person was scrambling to get in the circle throwing up walls while running towards me but I managed to get them. 1st place with 1 kill, felt so good lol

sn00zer

Oh boy feel a little bad aboit a new tactic im using on duis. Wait until an enemy group isnseperated a bit and take out one of the guys but leave them in the down state. If youre lucky and the other guy didnt see you, just sort of wait, eventually they will gonfor the downed guy which is perfect to strike

SMG legit sucks.

I will literally take any other gun over it. I had a purple SMG. I dropped that shit for a green pistol. Not even joking.

The most worthless gun in the entire game.

3 round burst though has saved my ass more than once.

The burst rifle is a starter gun. As soon as you get an AR, they are completely pointless. Unless they have some kind of unique selling point? It's got me killed more than once :D

vocab

SMG legit sucks.

I will literally take any other gun over it. I had a purple SMG. I dropped that shit for a green pistol. Not even joking.

The most worthless gun in the entire game.

3 round burst though has saved my ass more than once.
Yeah I avoid using it at all costs. Its has been highly ineffective for me.

Defensive Fort Building Pro-tip: Double and Triple up your Walls.

sharefactory_2017100877ot7.gif

Whether you're setting up your Endgame Fort, setting up Barrier walls for a safe heal, or putting up Panic Walls when someone gets the jump on you, you want to try to get up one or two outer walls to buy you some extra security from nades and rockets.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Is there a faster way to switch weapons than just pressing triangle the number of times to get to the weapon?

Building forts isn't necessary.

It's not. But if you have a good defensive position, you're at an advantage against people that don't.

I love the fort building. At the very least it's a good way to put a wall behind you if someone is shooting at you from the back.

I had a fort built in my last match and a rocket launcher. I could run around on my own slanted rooftops firing rockets down and there was absolutely nothing he could do. I could rebuild faster than he could destroy my fort with guns.

Memnoch

It's not. But if you have a good defensive position, you're at an advantage against people that don't.

I love the fort building. At the very least it's a good way to put a wall behind you if someone is shooting at you from the back.
I'm just VERY good at stealth.
They don't see me coming.
Forts give away your position.

Kei-

Is there a faster way to switch weapons than just pressing triangle the number of times to get to the weapon?

Unfortunately not, they said control schemes is something they are looking at as a priority. I think they should just make it left and right d-pad to switch between weapons and building parts, or just let ppl customise fully. Either way, they will address it in a timely manner I'm sure, they are pretty good about it.

Finally jumped into this and I'm really liking it, not yet having played PUBG. That said, I find it completely unacceptable that Epic will not allow you to play this game on both PC and Xbox One on the same Epic account. The only work around is to make a second Epic account. This is from a developer that is open to cross platform play but they can't even enable players to play on multiple platforms because of their own proprietary accounts? Seems a bit archaic and hypocritical.

Finally jumped into this and I'm really liking it, not yet having played PUBG. That said, I find it completely unacceptable that Epic will not allow you to play this game on both PC and Xbox One on the same Epic account. The only work around is to make a second Epic account. This is from a developer that is open to cross platform play but they can't even enable players to play on multiple platforms because of their own proprietary accounts? Seems a bit archaic and hypocritical.

I'm not sure why it's this way for Xbox as PS4 and PC have cross-save, so it uses the same Epic account (though your name on PC and your name on PS4 don't have to be the same).

Have you checked to see if you can connect your Xbox GT to your Epic account?

They can do it for the PS4, so I'm not entirely sure the problem is with Epic, really.

I generally find that, for CQB, I prefer the SMG over either shotgun or the rifles. Since it has little added recoil for auto-firing and much higher sustained fire rate, it's a bit more forgiving and you can put a lot of lead in the air really fast.

Redshirt

Banned
You can connect your Xbox account to your Epic account. I'm not sure if there's any benefit for Fortnite.

Cross-save even with PS4 is weird since V-bucks are saved in different pools across platforms.

That doesn't affect BR right now but likely will when microtransactions are added.

Have you checked to see if you can connect your Xbox GT to your Epic account?

Yes, it is connected, that is the problem. Once you've logged into the game on Xbox One with your Epic account, you can no longer log in to the PC version with the same Epic account. This isn't a bug or a glitch it's the way that it is set up right now.

Yes, it is connected, that is the problem. Once you've logged into the game on Xbox One with your Epic account, you can no longer log in to the PC version with the same Epic account. This isn't a bug or a glitch it's the way that it is set up right now.

See that's super weird. When I connected my PSN account, it lets me play with my Epic account on Epic games and my PSN account on PS4. It's the same account, just has a different in-game name.

Bushes work... But I say you are a pussy if you use them.
Sorry, but bushes are OP. Cheap as fuck to sit in a bush to scab cheap undeserved kills.

I'm all for camping in this game but I refuse to sit in bushes, did it a couple of times at first and felt like a bitch.

/raises flame shield :)

Sorry, but bushes are OP. Cheap as fuck to sit in a bush to scab cheap undeserved kills.

I'm all for camping in this game but I refuse to sit in bushes, did it a couple of times at first and felt like a bitch.

Thats like....your opinion. Not my problem.

WoolyNinja

Once I realized people were hiding in bushes - when in doubt I shoot a bullet at the bushes if I'm not 100% sure they're clean.

Won

Finally got around playing this tonight. Easy to see why the PUBR and this "genre" took off. Especially love the "just move on to the next game" aspect of it. Easy casual fun.

Not sure of the quality of the game itself of course. Quite a few aspects, like shooting or inventory management just feel off so far.

Dosia

Trying to play on xbox and its failing to log in due to user generated content settings. Any1 seen this before?

Edit: figured it out

Bushes work... But I say you are a pussy if you use them

I say you're a pussy if you camp under the stairs in a house and ambush people with a shotgun as they walk in. People do even more cheap shit in PUBG. It's a part of the game. If you want something to blame, blame the 3rd person camera because that's the only reason the bush strat works in Fortnite and PUBG.

I won't be surprised if they tweak the shape of the bushes though... or give them collision and make them destructible.

I say you're a pussy if you camp under the stairs in a house and ambush people with a shotgun as they walk in. People do even more cheap shit in PUBG. It's a part of the game. If you want something to blame, blame the 3rd person camera because that's the only reason the bush strat works in Fortnite and PUBG.

I won't be surprised if they tweak the shape of the bushes though... or give them collision and make them destructible.

At least if you camp under stairs (or anywhere really) you don't have a 360 degree view of your surroundings, and you are visible... That's thin text book camping which is what this game is about.
You shouldn't be able to clip into bushes, bet they fix it.

Edit- I'm with you regarding the camera, the way you can look around corners and under structures is pretty stupid.
1st person not only takes that away but it would also stop busy wookies as they wouldn't be able to see.

I would be very surprised. The very fact they aren't destructible says a lot.

And is it cheap to hide behind a tree? Or only half cheap? And realistically it only matters during the end game, because if you're hiding in a bush before that you're just wasting your own time. Just entering a bush during the end game is as risky a strategy as you can get, because you're saying, "If you can see me? Please kill me now". And if you don't get killed you never needed to hide anyway. In fact the logic behind it is pretty clear, hiding in a bush during the end game is more likely to get you killed than building a fort, because you have cover in one and are probably dead in the other. And even if you do get a kill from a bush, you've just given your position away and have no cover.

Its for people with no skill to reach the end game.

Someone a few pages pack posted a victory screen with 1 kill! Lol.

Also hiding behind trees and anything else is different because you are not clipping into it, that's my issue... You can't walk into the tree trunk and have a 360 degree view of your surroundings. That's what bush wookies do, takes to skill at all

Top Bottom