• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Still no gunplay fixes in the patch? Wow.

Why try and fix probably the most important element that's severely broken?

GET RID OF HITSCAN AND RNG!

The fuck is wrong with epic? This is a free to play early access demo-thing. Release projectiles and let us help tweak it.

I'm willing to bet this is a lot more difficult to implement and balance than you realize. There's so much more to consider. The server has to keep track of so much more when every bullet is a projectile. Damage has to be tweaked. Bullet speed and drop has to be tweaked. Recoil needs to be considered.

This is probably one of the features that will take them the longest to get right. As such, I'm not expecting it to come until the end of their 4-6 week plan, assuming it makes it into that window at all. There's all the possibility that they never get it right for this game and they just stick with hitscan. I'm not ruling out that possibility...

For those unaware.. this has been Epic's statement on complete conversion to projectiles

Lastly, enabling projectiles for all weapons (not just the Sniper Rifle) is something we’d like to explore. Doing this would allow for tighter accuracy overall. We’ve run prototypes internally and it shows promise, but there are challenges preventing us from turning it on. Once those are sorted out, we’ll consider running a broader test.

Source: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/...ale-updates-duos-supply-drops-weapon-accuracy

Shields are not okay. The RNG is too unbalanced for it because it's the only kind of health bonus that exists. PUBG does it better, and I think its better to just include variations of shield potions to combat that.

I like what someone suggested about shields reducing over time too, because then people need to carry it and use it strategically, but regardless, I think they need to add different shield potions.

Not much in the patch, but I do like the decreased in rocket ammo. It's super annoying in the end-game to have someone just nonstop spam rockets\grenades at you.

Yeah, but Im wondering if even 25% is not enough.

Maybe its better to include a flat ammo limit on them, but lets see how this works out.

Loving the pace of the updates to say we're only a few weeks in and have had a lot of patches and communication. It's spoiled me though, starting to wish for a post every day now. Really I just want to know what progression and cosmetics are looking like and how they'll be implemented, on top of more news about how projectiles are going.

Still have fun whenever I play though. May be a minor thing but I really feel like the sounds add a lot to the game. Particularly the sound of picking up loot, opening chests and firing the bolt action. Looting is so satisfying in this game that I still find myself being caught short by the circle some games just from having found something like Retail Row completely untouched mid-game.

Did they change the Legendary Scar at some point? Absolutely melts people now. Haven't had it often though so hard to tell.

The fuck is wrong with epic? This is a free to play early access demo-thing. Release projectiles and let us help tweak it. Instead we're left with this amateur implementation of a competitive shooter.
Are you incapable of posting feedback without dissolving into a tantrum or something? Might be worth stepping away as you suggested initially if you find the game this frustrating.

Rodelero

WHY IS THERE STILL FRIENDLY FIRE?

I am sick of getting team killed because I have a gun someone wants.

Friendly fire should be part of this game. I know that people are abusing it right now and that sucks, but friendly fire adds a great deal of intensity to this game as well as presenting certain cheese tactics that exist without it (I run into a room of enemies just after my teammate starts lobbing grenades).

The ๖ۜBronx;252380664 said:
Did they change the Legendary Scar at some point? Absolutely melts people now. Haven't had it often though so hard to tell.

It's always done a ridiculous 39 damage and.... uhh... 98 damage headshots! But what I've noticed is that they're literally everywhere now. Last night I killed 3 different people with the golden scar and they all dropped the gold scar! They're just giving them out like candy now on the battle bus I guess.

It's always done a ridiculous 39 damage and.... uhh... 98 damage headshots! But what I've noticed is that they're literally everywhere now. Last night I killed 3 different people with the golden scar and they all dropped the gold scar! They're just giving them out like candy now on the battle bus I guess.

People like Dakotaz (sp?) making the chest spawns well known means more people are dropping and immediately hitting chest spots rather than running around randomly looting what they come across. That's why higher quality everything is becoming more common to see.

May be a minor thing but I really feel like the sounds add a lot to the game. Particularly the sound of picking up loot, opening chests and firing the bolt action.

Particularly like their positional audio implementation. Playing with simple stereo headphones and I can pinpoint where shots are coming from, how far someone is building, every single time. It's something so simple, yet some games fail badly at it.

Friendly fire should be part of this game. I know that people are abusing it right now and that sucks, but friendly fire adds a great deal of intensity to this game as well as presenting certain cheese tactics that exist without it (I run into a room of enemies just after my teammate starts lobbing grenades).

Yeah, if you remove the threat of killing your teammates, explosives become totally broken while playing as teams.

People like Dakotaz (sp?) making the chest spawns well known means more people are dropping and immediately hitting chest spots rather than running around randomly looting what they come across. That's why higher quality everything is becoming more common to see.

As for the chest spawns, I think people are just learning the map. There's no chest that Dakotaz could show on his stream that I don't already know about just by playing the game a lot myself.

Even so, the gold scar is rare, and I usually only get it from a supply crate if I'm lucky.

As for the chest spawns, I think people are just learning the map. There's no chest that Dakotaz could show on his stream that I don't already know about just by playing the game a lot myself.

Even so, the gold scar is rare, and I usually only get it from a supply crate if I'm lucky.

I've gotten several Gold Scar's from chests.

While true that a lot of the population will have chest locations in a few spots scouted, it's much harder to have a ton of chest spawn locations in every corner of the map scouted without crowd sourced information unless you're the type of player who has a lot of time to dedicate to playing the game.

Given the random routes of the bus and peoples propensity for dropping in hot spots for the action, it's definitely feel like it's more about the community being shown/told where the best chest spawn areas are rather than dropping in random places throughout the map and finding these spawns themselves.

Weston

Patch screwed up my mouse sensitivity. I like having high DPI for everyday computer tasks. So I set the sensitivity in game to .5 but now the sweet spot is somewhere .3 and .4.

Hoodbury

Really I just want to know what progression and cosmetics are looking like and how they'll be implemented,.

How does progression usually work in these types of games? Is it more beneficial to get a lot of kills but not win or is winning with a kill or 2 better?

I think they need a resource cap. Like 300 of each material.

And the structures should build a little bit slower.

One strategy I think is absolutely not fun is having just about infinite resources to keep rebuilding the same wall over and over and over again. Yeah, they'll eventually run out, but you'll usually run out of ammo first since the amount of resources on the map dwarfs the amount of ammo on the map.

I like the fort gameplay, I just think certain aspects of it are too cheesy. If I shoot down a metal wall, the next metal wall they place should be more vulnerable while it's building. Yeah, it starts at low health. If you shoot it at the right time you might take it down before it completes. But I think it should either 1. take more damage while being built or 2. build slower.

Now that I think about it, I'd prefer to see it take more damage while being built. And slow down wood build time a little. In addition to a resource cap. 300 resources of each is plenty. And with duo/squad you're obviously 300 per resource type per player, so you can still put down a lot of stuff. Whatever the number, I don't think it should be 999.

Slacker

Wanted to check this out tonight. First try I got booted as soon as I jumped, supposedly for using a VPN (I'm not). Second time it locks so hard I can't even end task to get rid of it. Rebooted and tried again with the exact same results. :(

Now that I think about it, I'd prefer to see it take more damage while being built. .

Naah you can't build a sky fort with 300 resources :p

I agree though. The build spam when someone is shooting at you is just a little too annoying to deal with. But at the same time, forts are also destroyed so easily once they're built. So I'm ok with them being weaker under construction but stronger once finished.

Wanted to check this out tonight. First try I got booted as soon as I jumped, supposedly for using a VPN (I'm not). Second time it locks so hard I can't even end task to get rid of it. Rebooted and tried again with the exact same results. :(

Uhhh... yeah. That's not normal.

I'm getting like 1-shot sniped with full shields in mid-air while jumping. I don't fucking get it. I guess the cheats are out in full force....

I do like the varied sensitivities though. Pistol headshottin fools like it's nothing.

But.... ugh. I Just have so many problems with the game in general right now. Got my 60th win so I can rest peacefully for a while...

The problem I have with looting in this game is that you can get into a situation where you're basically following behind someone that's looted everything in front of you, so chances of you finding any shields if you didn't get any early on are slim to none. In PUBG, the map is so freakin huge and you can just grab a vehicle to drive somewhere remote if you need to loot for a bit. But in Fortnite, you're basically stuck where you land with no means to get somewhere far away quickly.

I still think they should reconsider the headshot multiplayer for anything other than the scoped AR and sniper. That 98 damage headshot for the scar is insane... especially when you can get them by accident so very easily. At the very least, weapon (or headshot damage) should decrease with distance. I also don't like snipers killing you with 1 shot to the body no with no shields either.

Obviously I'm looking forward to seeing how the projectile bullet project pans out.

As of right now, the game is some good casual fun. But if you go into it trying to be competitive on a consistent basis, you're going to get frustrated very quickly.

delSai

Encountered my first hacker last night. He was able to kill my whole squad at once with a rifle and had an aimbot or something similar. Obviously all 3 of us reported him and thankfully Epic seems to do well with banning people

Sucks, because the round was fun up until this point

Quick dumb question: Does buying the Founder's pack net you the camo umbrella or is that just for the people that bought it prior to FNBR's release?

Change the scoped multiplier o 0.50 in the settings menu. How the hell did they sign off on that change if it's not a bug... :|

I'm confused. I thought it was a % (from 0.1 to 1) of your main sensitivity setting. In which case wouldn't setting it to 1 yield the sensitivity you had before?

*Splinter

And the structures should build a little bit slower.

One strategy I think is absolutely not fun is having just about infinite resources to keep rebuilding the same wall over and over and over again. Yeah, they'll eventually run out, but you'll usually run out of ammo first since the amount of resources on the map dwarfs the amount of ammo on the map.

I like the fort gameplay, I just think certain aspects of it are too cheesy. If I shoot down a metal wall, the next metal wall they place should be more vulnerable while it's building. Yeah, it starts at low health. If you shoot it at the right time you might take it down before it completes. But I think it should either 1. take more damage while being built or 2. build slower.

Now that I think about it, I'd prefer to see it take more damage while being built. And slow down wood build time a little. In addition to a resource cap. 300 resources of each is plenty. And with duo/squad you're obviously 300 per resource type per player, so you can still put down a lot of stuff. Whatever the number, I don't think it should be 999.
I think the problem is if you damage a wall while it's building (or repairing) it will continue building until it's either complete or destroyed, so if you only do a little damage it repairs itself and you've just wasted ammo.

What should happen when you damage a wall that's being built is it stops building and just exists as a damaged wall at whatever health it had when you damaged it (until the player chooses to repair it).

Damage should interrupt repairs, is what I'm trying to say.

Geeky

Has anyone tried mouse and keyboard on console? Is it advantageous?

I tried it this morning and it appears a long standing issue is that there is NO mouse cursor on the menu screens. Which makes looking through and trying to change hotkeys extremely frustrating.

I googled it and the issue has been around for months.

But you get the cursor in match, but disappears again once you try to do anything with a menu (controls/inventory)

Smilebomb

Neo Member
So I started using the burst rifle over the normal assault rifle yesterday and my performance is soooooo much better. It's just so much more consistent. No more rng shitfest gunbattles.

The default Scope and Aiming sensitivities have to be a bug, right? No way that was set as the default on purpose. My first game I got a scoped rifle and I zoomed in the for the kill and couldn't move the reticle lol went in and bumped it up to 90% for both and was great after that. Many will not know about this and will play the game for the first time and never play it again because of it. They better patch it again soon and fix this.

So yesterday, someone one-shotted me with a pump-action shot gun. I had 77 shield and 100 health. How is that even possible? I got soooo fucking pissed lol

With a headshot, you can do that. The semi-auto shotgun can already do north of 150 damage on a clean headshot.

Man, I feel like it's a bit cheap, but whatever. Guess I have to be more careful.

Also, yeah, fuck RNG, though.

Like, okay, I had a Gold SCAR. I was standing like maybe three steps behind a guy. It's me, the guy in front of me, and one other person left. I put the reticle on the guy's head/neck area (I had plenty of time to set up the shot. He had no idea I was standing right behind him.) I fire, and not a single bullet hits him. He turns around and blasts me.

That's a thing that really happened, and I do not feel like it was a failure on my part. Am I crazy, or should I have killed that guy at that proximity and accuracy?

That's a thing that really happened, and I do not feel like it was a failure on my part. Am I crazy, or should I have killed that guy at that proximity and accuracy?

Depends on whether or not you were crouched and still, or standing and moving.

If you're standing and moving, your shots can practically fire sideways from your gun and hit someone standing beside you. But if you were still and\or crouched, then.... that sounds fucky.

Top Bottom