• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Anyone looking for a duo partner?

PS4 - Leebabins

I have 12 wins in solo, but am getting bored playing alone.

So... all I was thinking while the site was down was "there's not a decent place on the internet to discuss Fortnite BR except on GAF."

Where is everyone planning on going? I imagine many people will be moving away from here.

I plan to watch from afar to see how things pan out.... but I doubt I'll be posting much anymore on this site.

HiiiLife

So... all I was thinking while the site was down was "there's not a decent place on the internet to discuss Fortnite BR except on GAF."

Where is everyone planning on going? I imagine many people will be moving away from here.

I plan to watch from afar to see how things pan out.... but I doubt I'll be posting much anymore on this site.

ResetEra. Apparently Shinobi is the admin(?)

ResetEra. Apparently Shinobi is the admin(?)

I haven't seen anything about this site yet. No idea what it will look like or what kind of structure it will have. I kinda like that GAF only has a few sections and it just a big list of threads. So many other forums mess things up by overdesigning. Or complicating things like posting images with annoying interfaces.

So far when checking out other forums, I haven't found much that I like. There's beauty in GAF's simplicity.

Ultryx

I am having so much fun playing this game with my friends and even solo. IMO it's far easier to win solo just because (for example) when you build you only have to worry about yourself. It's a PITA to build with lots of people around.

Really looking forward to the road map the developers have been discussing. I'd really like to see in-game cosmetic purchases. Things like clothing, weapon skins, and different dances. As long as there is no change to game play, I will spend the money, Epic.

Well, until the dust settles and we can see where everyone's ending up, may as well post the new Developer Update:

Near Term

Voice chat coming soon to consoles
More weapons coming soon
More consumables coming soon (including potentially a health/shield combo potion)
Testing changes to Assault Rifles, including potentially increasing accuracy on the move, reducing bloom/increasing recoil
Will continue to iterate on scope adjustments

Longer Term

Account progression/character customization
Aim assist fixes
Prototyping console control alternatives
SMG tweaks
Jump pad tweaks
Visible grenade arc
Inventory "vacuum" that picks up all non-equipment loot automatically

Thanks to JShredz on reddit for typing that out. They're also still looking into projectile based gunplay across the board but need to see how it'll play before deciding to go with it or not.

If anyone's got a Discord invite, PM me.

Miggytronz

The ๖ۜBronx;252777639 said:
Well, until the dust settles and we can see where everyone's ending up, may as well post the new Developer Update:

Near Term

More weapons coming soon
More consumables coming soon (including potentially a health/shield combo potion)
Testing changes to Assault Rifles, including potentially increasing accuracy on the move, reducing bloom/increasing recoil

Longer Term

Aim assist fixes
SMG tweaks
Jump pad tweaks
Visible grenade arc

Thanks to JShredz on reddit for typing that out. They're also still looking into projectile based gunplay across the board but need to see how it'll play before deciding to go with it or not.

All great changes coming.

AllGamer

All of that sounds great. Love how they are constantly updating the game and communicate with the community.

I also hope that cosmetics are not too far off. I have spent a lot of time with the game already and it's still so much fun. Would like to give the devs some money :)

So close to the duo's umbrella. #3 two times in a row, absolute blast though. Nice change of pace to solo.

Can't wait to see what the Halloween update brings for BR. Hopefully one way or another we can find ways to keep discussion around this gem open.

thenexus6

Not sure why it never struck me to do this before, but made my girlfriend a PSN account, made an Epic account then linked them.

I was on my PC and her my PS4 and we played together. Totally forgot about cross platform play. Good times. Surprised how much better the game looked on PC, even medium settings.

thenexus6

This game is crossplay between ps4 and pc?

-Link your PSN and Epic accounts together (on the Epic website)
- Add your friend to your epic friends list
- Then in game the player on PC can join the PS4 players / lobby. If you are on PS4 you can not join a player on PC.

Thats it. Not sure about Xbox though. Seems like not that many people know about this feature.

Memnoch

The ๖ۜBronx;252777639 said:

Near Term

More weapons coming soon

Longer Term

Aim assist fixes
SMG tweaks
Jump pad tweaks
Visible grenade arc

Very cool. 7 solo wins now and loving this game.

majik13

You can earn them playing PVE (Save the World) or buy them with real money.

hmmm, where is that info from, cant find it on the update page. And I thought the whole customization thing was one of their ways of thwarting hackers. But Id guess most hackers didnt buy PVE, and arent spending real money on the game. Would make much more sense if you could earn v-bucks playing in PVP too.

Also 30 fps locked on Pro? wtf, what is the frame rate on X1?

Hoodbury

Anyone else having a harder time getting victories? I haven't had one since Friday night. I guess with more and more people playing and it being out for awhile the playerbase is getting a bit more skilled than it was those first two weeks or so. Or maybe I'm just getting more sloppy or something with my playstyle?

Anyone else not getting victories like they use to lately?

Hoodbury

Wtf so there is no reward still for winning?

Hardly, do you guys even realise how dumb this is if you really can’t get V-Bucks any other way than PvE or purchasing? What’s the point in winning?

Jesus Christ man. Some people.

I'm not sure where he is getting that from, it doesn't outline how to get v-bucks in the patch notes. Unless it was said somewhere else?

Read the update. Pissed about bandages still not healing to 100....

Anyone else having a harder time getting victories? I haven't had one since Friday night. I guess with more and more people playing and it being out for awhile the playerbase is getting a bit more skilled than it was those first two weeks or so. Or maybe I'm just getting more sloppy or something with my playstyle?

Anyone else not getting victories like they use to lately?

I won 3 out of 5 games last night. If anything it's getting easier.

Voorhees

Hardly, do you guys even realise how dumb this is if you really can’t get V-Bucks any other way than PvE or purchasing? What’s the point in winning?

1) Season XP, winning/placing grants you this and you can choose to spend it on customizeable things for that season.

Voorhees

I'm not sure where he is getting that from, it doesn't outline how to get v-bucks in the patch notes. Unless it was said somewhere else?

I'm getting it from the Patch Update Thread on Reddit from the Devs themselves.

Per Twitter

3GMpUTF.jpg

majik13

1) Season XP, winning/placing grants you this and you can choose to spend it on customizeable things for that season.

Im confused, your original comment said PVE only(or real Money) but this comment above could also maybe pertain to PVP too no? Havent played PVE, but do you win or place in PVE? thought it was more of sort of Campaign or horde mode type thing.
Also I think the whole "Season" thing is BR/PVP only anyways...

edit:
ok, so v bucks and season xp store stuff are 2 separate things then I guess?

Voorhees

Im confused, your original comment said PVE only(or real Money) but this comment above could also maybe pertain to PVP too no? Havent played PVE, but do you win or place in PVE? thought it was more of sort of Campaign or horde mode type thing.
Also I think the whole "Season" thing is BR/PVP only anyways...

2 way to get customizeable things:

1)V-bucks - Only granted through PVE and Real Money Purchase
2) Season XP - Ranking up during a season will grant you customizeable option as well. Glider/Umbrella, Pickaxe etc.

All of which will be accessible in the Locker

Alastor3

hmmm, where is that info from, cant find it on the update page. And I thought the whole customization thing was one of their ways of thwarting hackers. But Id guess most hackers didnt buy PVE, and arent spending real money on the game. Would make much more sense if you could earn v-bucks playing in PVP too.

Also 30 fps locked on Pro? wtf, what is the frame rate on X1?

30fps lock, not good at all!

Think about it, if a PS4 player play on 30 fps against a Pro player at 60 fps, that's unfair.

What??? It's a free 2 play game, the only wait they can make money is like that (when the single player will be free) so I see no harm in that.

Read the update. Pissed about bandages still not healing to 100.....

I mean, bandage are everywhere, it would be too easy to get 100% all the time and the first aid kit would be useless.

Memnoch

I don't mind spending real money on cosmetic upgrades at all. The game is fantastic and I'll support it with my wallet.

I don't mind spending real money on cosmetic upgrades at all. The game is fantastic and I'll support it with my wallet.

Agreed. From the look of the screens, cosmetic items will range from about $5-20 each, but there's no RNG, you get what you pay for. I'm totally okay with that since you know what you're buying and I'll likely pick up a few skins!

GodofWine

Agreed. From the look of the screens, cosmetic items will range from about $5-20 each, but there's no RNG, you get what you pay for. I'm totally okay with that since you know what you're buying and I'll likely pick up a few skins!

Thats a good point, a loot crate that cost $2, but gives you a 1 in X chance to get something good can end up costing more than a $20 skin, especially if its a really rare one.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Great update.

Still need bandages to heal to 100%, projectile weapons/dispose of rng-hitscan.

Top Bottom