• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Floody

Will try this today after work.

How much space does the game takes to download?

Fortnite is over 13GB on PSN. I assume there'll be a sizeable update at some point too though.

Edit: ^ Or the update is already there. My download is 13.433GB on PSN.

derFeef

How are friendslist handled in the PC version? Is there a list we should get going? Discord maybe? I want to try squad for sure.

3 player squads will work, right, or do I need to fill the last slot with a random?

Only 2 or 4 players will work.

''New Duos and Squad match types have been added, alongside Solos.
Play in groups of 2 or up to 4 and fight to eliminate all the other teams''

''Use the “Fill” option to automatically fill your team with other players''

bombshell

Only 2 or 4 players will work.

''New Duos and Squad match types have been added, alongside Solos.
Play in groups of 2 or up to 4 and fight to eliminate all the other teams''

''Use the ”Fill" option to automatically fill your team with other players''

I read "up to 4" as meaning that you can play with 3 in a squad, also with fill mentioned as an option. You'll just be playing against 4 player squads.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Looking forward to trying this. I am on PC and plan on playing with my Dualshock so hope I don't get slaughtered too badly.

I played PUBG for a good amount of time with a controller, it wasn't too bad. A lot of these kind of games is in the head and not in the twitch controls. You'll make a good amount of kills by just not being an idiot and picking off those who are.

JDB

Banned
Just launched it, got the message that the Fortnite servers are currently undergoing maintenance? Anyone else?
dd42a762cac6d90a8b2509a1ce518b3b.png

How's the performance on the OG PS4 in the Battle Royale mode?

Absolutely fine. I've had a bit of stuttering/getting teleported a few feet in front of me a handful of times, but that's all network based.

I can't tell if it's ruining at a locked 30fps, but it's definitely around there, and I've not experienced any noticeable slowdown at all.

Lucifon

Wait...duo mode is not in? WTF

It's in, just not activated until they see how the numbers settle. I think they don't want to split the queues instantly and let things settle basically. I suspect it won't take long for it to appear.

Most people I've seen teaming are 2 man groups, so duos imo should be a priority but squads allows for you to queue as a 2 man and either go with randoms or just as a 2.

Wait...duo mode is not in? WTF

This was from the State of Development blog post:

Our big news is the initial version of Squads coming 9/26 with support for DBNO (down but not out), duos (2 players) and squads (1-4 players). Emphasis is on ”initial" as we are optimizing for getting the feature out ASAP and will continue to iterate and polish afterwards. The squads playlist will be enabled on 9/26 and we will monitor population numbers to decide when to enable duos. In-game communication (text, voice, hints, etc) is crucial for auto-filled teams and is next on the list.

Can't wait, hope it's live and running when I get back from work ~6:30pm BST.

Absolutely fine. I've had a bit of stuttering/getting teleported a few feet in front of me a handful of times, but that's all network based.

I can't tell if it's ruining at a locked 30fps, but it's definitely around there, and I've not experienced any noticeable slowdown at all.

Good to know, thanks :)

Top Bottom