• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

the game isn't out yet.
It was for those with a founder's pack.

I still wouldn't answer that question since it would be judging the game before this massive patch gets in. There was hitching on stuff like when people fly out of the bus and sometimes randomly when the first kill would happen. Hard to tell if it was network or hardware related. It seemed mostly good though of the several hours I watched my friend play.

Downloading Battle Royale now, but since the servers are down I guess I'll play it when I get home today after work. Good thing I only work four hours today, so I can go shopping for snacks and get ready for the CARNAGE!!!

Lucifon

Might dl this, PUBG updates are super slow rn. Hard to maintain interest.

Why not, it's free!

Must agree PUBG updates have really slowed down lately, the latest update wasn't very substantial and later than previous ones to boot.

So, all I need to download on PS4 is the Battle Royale mode? It's only 6.5 GB so that's why I ask.

It's the standard launcher and it downloads 15gb.

huh, apparently US store has this as a separate thing, in EU store it's just the old Fortnite that has both modes?

No, they renamed the standard Fortnite launcher to Fortnite: Battle Royale but it's still the same, there is only one.

Got one more win in last night before the servers went down. The guy just holed up in a big fort and refused to come out. Then the next circle was outside his fort and he still refused to come out. He died to the storm...

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Got one more win in last night before the servers went down. The guy just holed up in a big fort and refused to come out. Then the next circle was outside his fort and he still refused to come out. He died to the storm...

Fear makes people do strange things...

It really gets extremely tense during the last few minutes.
Also sometimes there's such a great atmosphere in this game.
One time it was getting dark and the last zone was in the deep forest, so good!

Maximus P

Was it self built? Becuase I came across a guy in one of my games that had a huge tall fort. Unlucky for him I had a grenade launcher and I took out the bottom and watched him plummet to his death.

sp3ctr3

Will Fortnite Battle Royale blow up? Seems it's getting some positive hype and being free is a big plus.

Me and my friends on PS4 was getting pretty hyped about a console version of PUBG, but now with the Microsoft shenanigans it might be a long time before it lands on Sonys console.

We're pretty hyped about being able to play a battle royale game on console.

Yeah. Download that and you're golden. But like others said, it's gonna be at least 14gb when it's done downloading.

It's the standard launcher and it downloads 15gb.

No, they renamed the standard Fortnite launcher to Fortnite: Battle Royale but it's still the same, there is only one.

huh, apparently US store has this as a separate thing, in EU store it's just the old Fortnite that has both modes?

Yep

It'll be around 14GB or so when it's installed and updated though.
Oh, alright. I'm downloading it remotely while I'm at work so that's why I was asking. Thank you guys.

Will Fortnite Battle Royale blow up? Seems it's getting some positive hype and being free is a big plus.

Me and my friends on PS4 was getting pretty hyped about a console version of PUBG, but now with the Microsoft shenanigans it might be a long time before it lands on Sonys console.

Being free is key to it success, I think. I wouldn't pay for a BR type game because I don't know if I'm gonna like it or no, but for free? I'll totally give it a chance.

Maximus P

If Epic support the game well it definitely has the potential to be huge. In its current state I don't think has the variety to keep the game popular.

I hope it is a hit, becuase I personally love it.

It 101% needs customisation and stat tracking before it blows up, but there's definitely potential.

If Epic support the game well it definitely has the potential to be huge. In its current state I don't think has the variety to keep the game popular.

I hope it is a hit, becuase I personally love it.

Thats the bone of discontent with PUBG and bluehole towards Epic at the moment isn't it.

Now Epic have created a competitor they could hold features of the unreal engine back from bluehole or anything bluehole figure out regards to optimising and enhancing would mean Epic get those results too.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to trying this. I am on PC and plan on playing with my Dualshock so hope I don't get slaughtered too badly.

Oh you will :)

Looking forward to trying this for the first time, I have about 130 hours into PUBG which I enjoy but it runs like absolute shit for me since the last patch so I'm hoping Fortnite runs properly.

Alienous

Thats the bone of discontent with PUBG and bluehole towards Epic at the moment isn't it.

Now Epic have created a competitor they could hold features of the unreal engine back from bluehole or anything bluehole figure out regards to optimising and enhancing would mean Epic get those results too.

I don't believe either of those things is the case.

As I understand Bluehole's issue, it's that Epic could have used information from helping adapt UE4 to Bluehole's requirements (i.e. 100 player support) to gain a competitive headstart in making a PUBG-like game.

Epic can't hold back engine features per project, as far as I'm aware. They could hold back their own internal developments for their own games, but they have no obligation to share the tech behind all of their projects. And I also believe that Bluehole have no obligations to roll their technologies into the main Unreal SKU either - I certainly haven't heard of other developers being required to do that.

Cerium

Servers up for PS4

tumblr_m9t31sX4ER1qgcra2o1_500.gif

Was it self built? Becuase I came across a guy in one of my games that had a huge tall fort. Unlucky for him I had a grenade launcher and I took out the bottom and watched him plummet to his death.

It was self built and not extremely tall either. Just every time I'd shoot a wall, he'd instantly repair it. For all I knew, he had more materials than I had ammo. And no rocket launcher. I was going to build a ramp and sit on top of his roof, but the circle came and I didn't have to. I guess he didn't want to fight.

I had a few gravity kills the other night though :)

#1 https://streamable.com/n4fvm
#2 https://streamable.com/hyq21 (win)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's downloading, slowly.... I guess they're getting hammered.

JDB

Banned
Man, the inventory system will take some getting used to. Trying to quickly grab stuff while it's all in one pile is a bit annoying.

Man, the inventory system will take some getting used to. Trying to quickly grab stuff while it's all in one pile is a bit annoying.

Quick tip. Switch to the pickaxe and spam grab all ammo\resources first. You can't accidentally grab a gun while holding the pickaxe, so this will make looting a lot easier. After you quickly clear all that stuff out, you can choose to loot weapons or leave them.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Takes way too long to get back in to a game if you die quick.

That's sad to hear, one of the main boons of PUBG is you can get back into another round in like 2 minutes flat. 42% on the download here, come on!

Top Bottom