• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 - Bathurst circuit debut

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I know very well what sort of effort is involved!

I consider myself fairly quick but am still not a top 100 times guy, even with a lot of practice with a certain car and track.

pretty proud of the fact that i was a top 100er on rally di positano (could it be anything else?) back when we had our fm3 time attack challenge. the car we used, the seat leon supercup, was stock and wasnt even at the top of its class.

of course, i'm aware that the amount of people aiming for the best time on that track was probably significantly less then those racing on the real world circuits... but still!

p3tran

Banned
Poor t10. all the "meaty"details, we learn from other sources and not from them... :)

24 PLAYERS ONLINE BELIEVE!

p.s.
ok, lets pick a track and a class, and we'll all go for the highest leaderboard time we can. winner gets to fly to t10 hq and shave dan's beard!
you know we got the time until we get a video or something... ;)

Seanspeed

Banned
pretty proud of the fact that i was a top 100er on rally di positano (could it be anything else?) back when we had our fm3 time attack challenge. the car we used, the seat leon supercup, was stock and wasnt even at the top of its class.

of course, i'm aware that the amount of people aiming for the best time on that track was probably significantly less then those racing on the real world circuits... but still!
Its just hard to get a clean lap on some of the real long tracks.

Still a damn impressive feat, though. There may have been less people going for it, but less doesn't mean 'small amount' by any means.

p.s.
ok, lets pick a track and a class, and we'll all go for the highest leaderboard time we can. winner gets to fly to t10 hq and shave dan's beard!
you know we got the time until we get a video or something... ;)
Joking aside, I miss playing quite a bit. Would be fun to get together in a lobby again before FM5 hits.

Megasoum

Banned
98caJrHl.jpg

LMAO...on the roof of a Porsches dealership.

Bobnob

24 online will be great i was quietly hoping for more though.I wonder if there'll be anymore info/news today or just a clarification of what's been posted.

p3tran

Banned
Joking aside, I miss playing quite a bit. Would be fun to get together in a lobby again before FM5 hits.
I'm not joking

actually I have been sort of playing a bit of forza lately, after i hadnt touch the 360 for 6months-a year.

I said about hotlapping because I'm still a bit out of touch, and everyone can do it in their own free time, but if we can whip up a forzaGAF lobby that would be great. 8)

m23

24 online will be great i was quietly hoping for more though.I wonder if there'll be anymore info/news today or just a clarification of what's been posted.

It's Turn 10 man, we're a little over 2 months from launch and we have maybe 1 or 2 direct feed gameplay videos from them. I wouldn't hope for any news anytime soon since we just got the bathurst announcement.

I said about hotlapping because I'm still a bit out of touch, and everyone can do it in their own free time, but if we can whip up a forzaGAF lobby that would be great. 8)

I'd be down, I'll probably get crushed but whatever.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm not joking

actually I have been sort of playing a bit of forza lately, after i hadnt touch the 360 for 6months-a year.

I said about hotlapping because I'm still a bit out of touch, and everyone can do it in is own free time, but if we can whip up a forzaGAF lobby that would be great. 8)
Ah. Well when I said I miss playing, its because I don't have a 360 anymore! Otherwise, I would still be on regularly.

Would still be cool for y'all to figure something out, though.

p3tran

Banned
Ah. Well when I said I miss playing, its because I don't have a 360 anymore! Otherwise, I would still be on regularly.

Would still be cool for y'all to figure something out, though.

ela re man, I didnt know you got rid of the toaster! imagine that just two days ago was that I fired up forza, and decided to play some rivals (that I dont usually). and on topgear rivals, there is one event at tsukuba with a stock porsche gt2 rs. I thought "thats the best way to get back in", but then some time later I found your ghost fucking difficult to pass :DDD
I left it somewhere like 1:31:5 while you have like 1:31:4, and beating your time was the first thing I wanted to do when I go home later today since you are the only one above me in my f/l :)

ps
are you in for xbone forza?

Xanadu

Banned
any chance of news today or was that it, at least release a few more sceens of it with maybe a new car on it

Seanspeed

Banned
ela re man, I didnt know you got rid of the toaster! imagine that just two days ago was that I fired up forza, and decided to play some rivals (that I dont usually). and on topgear rivals, there is one event at tsukuba with a stock porsche gt2 rs. I thought "thats the best way to get back in", but then some time later I found your ghost fucking difficult to pass :DDD
I left it somewhere like 1:31:5 while you have like 1:31:4, and beating your time was the first thing I wanted to do when I go home later today since you are the only one above me in my f/l :)

ps
are you in for xbone forza?
I don't even remember that rivals event! I'm gonna be upset if you beat my time and I have no way of getting you back! lol

And no, I'm really not considering the Xbox One at the moment. I decided to buy a PC for now and I'll eventually get one of the consoles like 2-3 years down the line. Forza is really the only thing keeping me that interested in the Xbox, so I'll still be paying close attention to all things Forza. I definitely want to stick around with ForzaGAF.

nib95

Banned
DC showed off a shitload of Jags today, hopefully they have an exclusive on those.

Wonder if T10 have the balls for some direct feed gameplay?

My guess is they won't show off direct feed of Laguna Seca Right away because the track isn't as impressive visually as Prague.

Side note, Rushy said the aliasing has already been sorted in the newer build of DriveClub.

Oh look. Turn 10 put a blazing sun right at eye level again on another track.

So fucking obnoxious. Every track they've shown has this and it's really annoying in the gameplay videos.

I would think it's very likely Bathurst will have various time of day for races. That looks like a late afternoon setting and there's not one track in FM4 that is locked at that time of day. In fact every track that has one also shares has a mid-day variant.

p3tran

Banned
I don't even remember that rivals event! I'm gonna be upset if you beat my time and I have no way of getting you back! lol

And no, I'm really not considering the Xbox One at the moment. I decided to buy a PC for now and I'll eventually get one of the consoles like 2-3 years down the line. Forza is really the only thing keeping me that interested in the Xbox, so I'll still be paying close attention to all things Forza. I definitely want to stick around with ForzaGAF.

cool beans. if you are going to have one right now, pc is the right choice! we'll hook up in assetto corsa 8)

I am going to pass your f4 ghost though, as soon as I play again :D

lil smoke

Banned
The various times of day, honestly did nothing for me.

Was cool for the first week, but did not really add anything to the game play.

saladine1

It's better than nothing I guess, but yeah, it doesn't compare to the challenge that could be had with night racing.

Damn, imagine FM5 did indeed have dynamic weather and TOD?
It's a dream..

cbox

FINALLY. I've been asking T10 for blue mountain or bathurst since they took it away in 2.

I'm really hoping with dedicated servers MP racing will become better because it's usually kinda jumpy with everyone's shitty connection. It would be really cool to have smooth driving from all parties.

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
Someone at Amazon might be having his ass slapped at the moment...
Quick translation for those who don't understand french:

The reference of sim racers, exclusively on Xbone !

Forza Motorsport, the best-rated racing franchise of the last 10 years, celebrates its comeback on the new generation Xbone.
Virtual has never been so close to reality.

-The reference of racing games : Beginners or experienced players, Forza Motorsport 5 is made for you ! Hundreds of cars perfectly reproduced, with more than 120 new cars available right from the beginning. Modify them in your garage and drive them on mythical tracks or at cities from all around the world.
-Breathtaking realism : Play for the first time in 1080p high definition in lively and ultra-realistic environments. Admire all the cars under every angle with ForzaVista with Kinect or the controller. discover for the first time in Forza single-seaters race cars, like Niki Lauda's mythical Ferrari 312T2.
-A new online multiplayer experience : With 24 racers for the first time on the same race, make yourself a name among the player's community. The matchmaking system Smart Match offers a brand new online multiplayer experience, fast and competitive, perfectly matched to your skills and style. And for the first time FM5, will have dedicated servers.
-Discover Drivatars : The A.I revolution is coming. No more virtual drivers driving on rails, Forza will analize the behavior of pilots from all around the world and your friends to reproduce them on your Xbone.

It's a nice perk when you do the world champ races and they're broken up into 2 legs with each track variant making an appearance. Keeps things fresh.

saladine1

C;mon Turn 10, if you don't want to show off the game, at least let us hear it.
Helios, champ, mate, dude, get in the ear of these guys and ask for some audio clips to be let loose on the public. A guessing game or something....anything.

I'll be your friend...?

O2bWOIG.jpg

p3tran

Banned
After the Bathurst announce I thought we were already.... :'(

it was a great announcement, and a good heads up from you in advance ;)

that being said, of course you understand that the forza community is something that you will have to feed almost every day, unless you want to be eaten alive... :)
problem is, you cant really show something that is not polished to death either, because then you will get a very nice shitstorm from exactly the same group :D
so pick your poison :pP

Is this a controlled release of info or does anyone think they are struggling?

The pressure must be immense right now so it's understandable that dishing out the goodies isn't a big deal, the game is a launch title and will sell no matter if they feed us or not.

eso76

Why the complete and utter lack of any media, Helios? What are Turn 10 playing at?

This is from BADNED.
While it's still unclear if he's T10 he's certainly very close to the dev:

Turn 10 is doing a fresh start at the launch of a new generation.
[snip] That the info and media flow would be different compared to the previous titles is totally normal as the product evolves on a daily basis and the finalization does not happen until that fixed and unchangeable "launch deadline" which is quite different compared to a normal deadline. So it does not make sense to release too much media too early because you risk to show something that looks much worse or different compared to the final product due to the daily evolvement on the new hardware.
So I'd like to say enjoy those WIP materials for now, but the beauty comes November 22nd

Also, he has a new car-related hint to keep us busy until the next screenshot !

"One of the last, the sixty-one."

Maserati Tipo 61 ?

Maserati_Birdcage-1.jpg

"the last of Maserati's front-engined racing cars. and one of Maserati's last four-cylinder racing cars"

Or is it one of the last front engine F1 cars from the year 1961 ?
heh

p3tran

Banned
ok, just to be a little reasonable here.. I just went through the fm.net site, forza 5 section.
its not like we can say that there is no information. actually, lets compare to the information released about other day 1 games. how much more information we have about those?

they have released 2 videos, the prague and the autovista, more than 3-4 interviews, and described some of the major points they are working on. and they have playable demos of the game in major shows lately.

also with the recent overclocks the xbone got, it only makes sense that t10 will use it. its not like they are the kind of devs that dont squeeze it out technically. so even more work for them rebalancing etc.

already we know important stuff like laser scanned tracks, like dan is in love with calspan, like some of the tracks we wanted will be in, and the most fuckin' important thing of all:
that the game will be out day 1 the new microsoft h/w launches. again, I remind you that forza did not hit 360 until day ...553

so be happy and let them twerk!!

Shaneus

This is from BADNED.
While it's still unclear if he's T10 he's certainly very close to the dev:
Is it not concerning to anyone else there might be things that could look drastically different to the final game that's due to go on sale in two months?

Top Bottom