• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5: Behind the scenes look (video) [Up: 1080p/60fps]

Jira

I usually don't play any kind of racing games, but for some reason when my friend showed me this picture (http://abload.de/img/0814ru4f.jpg) I instantly wanted to play this game. Maybe because the car looks so freaking rad, I don't know...it just all looks so perfect.

Holy crap! I'm in love!

Err, I don't want to destroy your dreams but that's Project CARS on PC, not Forza 5. Only footage we have now say all in-game footage on them all from one video it seems.

iFxCywnhJkpgd.gif

I said this in the E3 thread, but can we take a moment and just marvel at the amazing attention to detail on the gloves.

I'm honestly legit shook. Stitching on the gloves is literally the last thing I ever expected to see.

Portugeezer

Looks fantastic, I like the saturated look, though I'll save my final judgement until we see some gameplay rather than in game footage.

Klocker

Dunno, doesn't look nearly as impressive as PCARS or DriveClub. However, I'm a sucker for Forza's incredible Physics so let's see...

that's true, 1080p 60fps and the physics system updating at what? 60 also? yea this will be something even if they may not have as much eye candy as a 30fps racer

Mascot

New teaser looks good, but I dunno... I was expecting more somehow. More what I don't know, but it didn't blow me away.

Need to see actual gameplay footage.

New teaser looks good, but I dunno... I was expecting more somehow. More what I don't know, but it didn't blow me away.

I thought you were done?

A message to ForzaGAF: I seriously hope that FM5 lives up to all of your expectations and turns out to be an incredible experience. It looks fantastic from the teaser trailer. I'll surely miss playing it (having owned all four previous versions) but I'm sure it will bring joy to many of you.

A message to Microsoft: Where did it all go so horribly wrong?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

I think it has to do with the time of day and the over abundance of sunflares. I can barely get a good look at the game.

hHauf7E.jpg

Please for the love of everything Turn 10, pick a different time of day for E3. :p

Mascot

I think it has to do with the time of day and the over abundance of sunflares. I can barely get a good look at the game.

http://i.imgur.com/hHauf7E.jpg[IMG]

Please for the love of everything Turn 10, pick a different time of day for E3. :p[/QUOTE]

That's maybe what it is - a lot of POVs are looking directly into the sun with details subsequently crushed in semi-silhouette.

Seems to confirm a global lighting scheme though, which maybe bodes well for variable TOD.

[quote="soundscream, post: 62166697"]Sure[/QUOTE]

Maybe new Baldydan is putting me off. I have a healthy fear of Easter European gangsters after a run-in with a few of them on Jersey a few years ago.

creyas

Looks ok and being 1080p60 reminds us that even while disappointing compared to the competition the xbone can deliver enjoyable visuals.

I don't feel the city environment though, being used to pc it doesn't give me a real next gen feel, looks distractingly empty and sterile, sharp repeating patterns stand out

velociraptor

In engine is the same as in game, in game = "in game" engine. It is not the same as real time however.
I think it's in-engine in the same way as Gran Turismo trailers. They all use ingame assets. All rendered using the game's engine. But pre-rendered with max resolution and AA.

That's maybe what it is - a lot of POVs are looking directly into the sun with details subsequently crushed in semi-silhouette.

Seems to confirm a global lighting scheme though, which maybe bodes well for variable TOD.

That, and there would be little point in having working headlights if there's no night racing, right?

Right?

This unprecedented partnership with EA better mean we have Porsche back. I don't want no damn RUF I want Mah Porches.

The fact that NFS just happens to have Ferrari all of a sudden has to mean something, right?

Right?

Hotsuma

If the new NSX is in this, I might have to get excited. I like the graphics, but I hope it is not too much of a sim game as I can barely crank out enjoyment in those. I couldn't get into Forza 4, but I really am enjoying Horizon.

If the new NSX is in this, I might have to get excited. I like the graphics, but I hope it is not too much of a sim game as I can barely crank out enjoyment in those. I couldn't get into Forza 4, but I really am enjoying Horizon.

Well you can turn on almost all of the assist to make the driving part easier, but I wouldn't expect racing hot air balloons or helicopters.

Majanew

Banned
Looks good. Still looks off, though. I was hoping it would look more lifelike instead of just a pretty videogame.

Hotsuma

Well you can turn on almost all of the assist to make the driving part easier, but I wouldn't expect racing hot air balloons or helicopters.

I don't expect anything like that. I'm more into the arcade style racers like the Sega games, R4, Burnout etc. I give games like Forza a try because I like some of the cars and I just hope that the game is interesting enough to keep me playing to unlock new cars and tracks. What I liked a lot about Horizon was the presentation (it made me think of Electric Daisy Carnival for some reason) and finding the hidden cars on the map. I do wish they had more cars by Honda/Acura and that the team finds a way to make doing custom designs and artwork for the cars easier as the Forza series goes on. I always have ideas for what I want to put on my S2000, but I'm not that good at creating that vision with the system they have. I am amazed at some of the artwork people put on their cars.

derFeef

QJCkPHt.png

Forza 4 launch trailer using "Actual Gameplay Footage": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0RUjeJdkZU

Turn10/Microsoft have always had a funny definition of gameplay etc. I'll wait to see someone actually playing it.

Autovista looks like that, you can even see the aliasing. And while the cameras all all custom, that's how the game looks - again - you can see the aliasing still.
"Actual Game Footage" would have been better though :)

Shaneus

hHauf7E.jpg

Please for the love of everything Turn 10, pick a different time of day for E3. :p
Turn 10, in conjunction with JJ Abrams presents Forza Motorsport 5.

Edit: Oh shit, looks like we have super-shiny roads in FM5 as well. Woo.
Honestly, you'd think they would've fixed that by now.

Seanspeed

Banned
Do we have a grid count yet? I see at least 6 on the track at once in that last vid.
I saw more than 8 in the short little preview just posted today(as they were zooming down the bridge). I would suspect 16 players again. Which is fine. I honestly never had too big a problem with 8 players. 16 players is great if you're doing longer races, but that doesn't exist if you're doing matchmaking and not enough user-created lobbies took advantage of it. I'm glad the option exists, but its like hardly anybody really understood how to best utilize it. A 1-lap 16 player race on the Nurburgring was fucking headache-inducing.

Gek54

Here is a thought, ghost racing with a minor speed penalty when passing through a ghost. Has that ever been done in any other game?

Ty4on

I don't expect anything like that. I'm more into the arcade style racers like the Sega games, R4, Burnout etc. I give games like Forza a try because I like some of the cars and I just hope that the game is interesting enough to keep me playing to unlock new cars and tracks. What I liked a lot about Horizon was the presentation (it made me think of Electric Daisy Carnival for some reason) and finding the hidden cars on the map. I do wish they had more cars by Honda/Acura and that the team finds a way to make doing custom designs and artwork for the cars easier as the Forza series goes on. I always have ideas for what I want to put on my S2000, but I'm not that good at creating that vision with the system they have. I am amazed at some of the artwork people put on their cars.

Check the Honda/Acura car count from Forza 4. They rarely remove cars. Only ones I really know of were Porsches due to licensing and some tuner cars from Forza 2.

Shaneus

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Multiplayer without collisions? Yes, Rallisport 2 did it with wireframe racing. Four player you could have collisions, but I guess because of latency and the likelihood of jumping cars, for 8 player you could only have wireframe. Great idea at the time, also means people aren't wallfucking you 24/7.

Oh wait... but with a penalty? No, would never work. If said lag fucks you over, who's to blame?

Fuck....

must.not.give in.
You don't have to. Look at dem shiny roads! I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a road reflect that much glare when it wasn't wet. I know it's possible, but it's not that damn common.

Gek54

Multiplayer without collisions? Yes, Rallisport 2 did it with wireframe racing. Four player you could have collisions, but I guess because of latency and the likelihood of jumping cars, for 8 player you could only have wireframe. Great idea at the time, also means people aren't wallfucking you 24/7.

Oh wait... but with a penalty? No, would never work. If said lag fucks you over, who's to blame?

The idea of a speed penalty with ghosts would mean there is still some incentive to avoid contact with other cars so as to maintain some interaction with other drivers but contact will not cause you to lose control or be knocked into a wall in the case of lag or novice drivers.

Shaneus

The idea of a speed penalty with ghosts would mean there is still some incentive to avoid contact with other cars so as to maintain some interaction with other drivers but contact will not cause you to lose control or be knocked into a wall in the case of lag or novice drivers.
But what about drivers who would just swerve for shits and giggles? And who would get the penalty? If I'm driving normally and captain fuckstick is all over the shop, then who gets penalised and by how much? And besides, novice drivers would get penalised anyway by having slower times than genuine drivers.

Too many variables that could wind up dicking people around, IMO. I think you either need collisions on or ghost mode with no penalties.

Mascot

QJCkPHt.png

Forza 4 launch trailer using "Actual Gameplay Footage": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0RUjeJdkZU

Turn10/Microsoft have always had a funny definition of gameplay etc. I'll wait to see someone actually playing it.

That's by no means Turn 10's best Forza trailer, but still trumps these last two for FM5 by a country mile. I'm guessing they've been thrown together fairly quickly for pre-E3 hype, but I know Turn 10 can do better.

Also: Prague. We get it. PLEASE show more than just this environment at E3.

Top Bottom