• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 2 Screenshots... yes, they're REAL

megateto

I just hope that as soon as the screens are confirmed as fake (or not) the thread gets a name change so I know there's been a real development in this whole thing.

Heres a post by someone from a different forum...

Originally Posted by Skate-Zilla@www.forzacentral.com
a. why would one screen shot have AntiALiasing and another not?,

b. why would one screen shot have anti-strophic filting and ther others not?

c. why would the cars have 2 different reflections on them?,

d. why would some parts of the car be relfective and parts like headlights not?

e. why would that G35 Screen have them on a Track that isnt even in the game (dont even say its Alpine Ring, look at the map, its prolly some track off of Battle Gear.

f. why would the cars be hi-res and clear and the track in the backgroudn look like it was originally a 640x480 screen scaled to 2560x1440 noise filtered and sharpened extremely then downsized back to 1280x720.

g. the rims on the shots wre radial blured in photoshop... and disgustingly i might add... the decals on some spots are blurred and not on others....

h. the Ghosting on the Beemer/Ferrari Shot.... common sense.. to get motion blur/ghosting the camera would be stationaly with cars zooming by, but that would only make the cars have the ghosting... the ghosting on these shots were done by ghosting the ENTIRE image in photoshop, why... because not only the cars are ghosting, but aspects of the track and rumble strip as well, to have the track ghosting the camera would have to be moving, and in which case the cars wouldnt have been ghosting, and dont try to say its "de-interlacing" ... the game runs 720p "P" meaning Progressive..

i. the G35 Shots Over lays are totally fake and arcade... they are perfectly on the Overscan Guidelines (no dev puts their overlays poerfectly on them most put them inside a bout 10%, and in 2K's Case outside by 10%..., and wtf is up with the standings/positions "+128"? what in tarnation is that, why go from MM:SS:Te,H,Th (M=minutes, S=seconds, Th=tenths, H = hundreds, Th=thousands) and move to something that says +128, +21-49? wtf......

j. why would there be a gamertag "Turn10" on that Gamertag List, if the Gamertag Doesnt Exist on Xbox.coms GT Data Base by searching for Gamertag?

k. the G35s Redline is 7500 not 6500, and the Tach would go up to 8000

then the obvious one... NO 3d Grass..... and the Photoshop trail that goes around every car (sorry .. im not saying how i know, but lets just say there is evidence that the cars were copy and pasted from elsewhere..)

the 3d Models used in the CGI are the Game models, so you honestly think the difference between a 3d Studio Max Rendered scene and their next gen Game engine will make the car models look that disgusting?

lets just say these are Fake, and prolly stolen renders that were cut/pasted from other screenshots.. on to drastically different and disgusting low-ress backgrounds...

Faizal

Banned
What's the ETA on those pics on Tuesday? Can we expect them at 12:00 AM? In the afternoon? WE need to know!!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Kangu said:
Just one thing. Don't you think che would have set the record straight by now?

That's true, but given that he is a longtime member of GAF, and he knows how these things work, he could be holding off to let people run with this for a minute, for comic relief. You never know.

Kangu

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
That's true, but given that he is a longtime member of GAF, and he knows how these things work, he could be holding off to let people run with this for a minute, for comic relief. You never know.

It's seems rather immature for a developer to do this, and most of the developers on GAF are extremely level headed. Not to mention the importance of first impressions and the fact that setting the record straight on FUD (?) like this is hard to do.

But as you say che is a longtime poster here so he might be having some fun at the expense of the community.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
m0dus said:
Gek, my friend, I thought you'd enjoy this.

blurjc5.jpg

OH SHITS :lol :lol :lol

Klocker

Kangu said:
It's seems rather immature for a developer to do this, and most of the developers on GAF are extremely level headed. Not to mention the importance of first impressions and the fact that setting the record straight on FUD (?) like this is hard to do.

But as you say che is a longtime poster here so he might be having some fun at the expense of the community.

sometimes it's best just not to say anything when people are over-reacting to something that may or may not be true, let things settle down while they actually figure out what happened.

Maybe they/he doesn't know for sure or can't say.

There are any number of reasons to not deny.

GhaleonEB

Kangu said:
Just one thing. Don't you think che would have set the record straight by now?
Yup. I think his "we cannot confirm or deny" line is a dead giveaway that they are legit. If someone photoshopped unmitigated bullshit and people reacted like this, the community guys would comment.

Kangu

Banned
Klocker said:
sometimes it's best just not to say anything when people are over-reacting to something that may or may not be true, let things settle down while they actually figure out what happened.

Maybe they/he doesn't know for sure or can't say.

There are any number of reasons to not deny.

Listen, there is NO WAY that the forza guys can't tell if that's a screenshot of the game they've been developing for the past god knows how long. If it isn't then the only sane thing to do is nip it in the bud. For che to just sit there and laugh it up while GAF goes apeshit is frankly stupid and damaging to his game.

Speevy

Banned
Maybe that was an example of a car pre-something. Before they added this or that.

If all these guys are asking for is two days, give them two days.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Kangu said:

It's not really a first impression if Turn 10 themselves didn't release these and with nobody else having these out in the wild somewhere, I'm inclined to think this is some kind of hoax. The new pics will be out Tuesday and everyone will go apeshit then. They should be up Tuesday at 12:00. Che can postpone his Chromehounds appointment for the gaming community for a few seconds, right?

Klocker

Kangu said:
Listen, there is NO WAY that the forza guys can't tell if that's a screenshot of the game they've been developing for the past god knows how long. If it isn't then the only sane thing to do is nip it in the bud. For che to just sit there and laugh it up while GAF goes apeshit is frankly stupid and damaging to his game.

well of course.

I'm not saying they wouldn't but maybe they don't know exactly what build they are from or if they have or have not been tampered with. Even if they did know, one strategy is to say nothing and just show the good chit on tuesday.

I'm saying, not telling GAF (read: the world) that "yea these are probably our game but it was PS'ed or really early work never meant for public consumption" could be worse from a company POV.

sometimes it's better to say NOTHING and then show your real hand.

Last Hope

Even if this was infact from an early build, the fact that the director had the idea in his head to add PGR3 level (aka horrendous) blur really scares me. Seems most people are very opposed to this (and I downright hate it) so I don't see how this can become trendy but I fear it may if this game has it.

Kangu

Banned
Klocker said:
I'm saying, not telling GAF (read: the world) that "yea these are probably our game but it was PS'ed or really early work never meant for public consumption" could be worse from a company POV.

sometimes it's better to say NOTHING and then show your real hand.

I just don't think this is one fo those cases.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Part of DOA4s problem is the bullshots released for the previous DOA games. Those super hi-res FSAAed things that came out with the Xbox launch. The actual DOA4 shots looked marginally better than those.. but once you play DOA4, I dont see how you can complain, its a gorgeous game.

If these are real, its pretty bad... unless it looks a shitton better in motion.

IJoel

Slightly better (shots,) but not as good as I expected. Why release images of an uninteresting track that does nothing to showcase lighting?

Gek54

Nice ghost trees. Looks like the camera on the hood view might be offset depending on which side the steering wheel is located? I hope! Looks like no AF.

Dante

Definetly looks better with less blur on the BG, but still a bit underwhelming something about them looks cartoonish, which I think is fine in games like RR, but seems odd in these ultra realsitic driving sims.

RumFore

Banned
Meh, same quality as the first batch imo. Nothing to be floored at really. I really wish more games could get down the real look which Gran Turismo gives off. Not to say other racers dont look good but there is something about the quality of GT which none of these racers have been able to match. PGR3 was the first to come near it though.

Top Bottom