• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

WrikaWrek

Banned
Isn't GT5 getting shown today anyway? Probably will look better, those dudes are gods, and they've been developing it for what? 4 or 5 years?

But if it doesn't have cockpit for all cars like Forza 3, plus the whole physics and damage shit Forza is pulling out, then failaton.

chase

chespace said:
It feels awesome to go into a corner faced with understeer, only to kick the clutch to induce rear slippage and then modulate throttle to power-over for the turn. It's so subtle but the fact that you can ride that edge of traction all the way through while adjusting all the while puts Forza physics into a whole separate category. It's a gameplay mechanic I've really yet to experience in any other racing game on consoles.

What language is this?

Meier

FLUXCapacitor said:
Problem 3 will reserve judgment until later date: Career mode

FM2's career mode simply put sucked IMO. And although they have stated in a quote from a few posts back that they have revamped the career mode I will reserve judgment until I see it first hand. Hopefully it ends up being well thought out and makes you want to keep progressing through the game.
Where have they mentioned that the career mode was revamped? That is my biggest concern. I beat the Arcade and Career sections and really the Career mode was such a chore. I think they also need a complete, 100% overhaul of the auction/selling system.

Let us raise the bid on our own and make it end like an eBay auction. The whole raising the bid by 500 bucks and then it going back up to a minute, etc. was so tiring. I never would win cars because I'd get so bored and realize I had better things to do than sit there repeatedly bidding. Even if they keep that same mechanic, letting people raise bids their own amount will lessen my complaints.

KHarvey16

chase said:
Shit I'm intimidated by Forza again. Not going to buy it now!

Forza is for Everyone
It's easy to go for a spin: "Forza Motorsport 3" redefines the racing genre by blurring the definition of simulation and arcade. Simulation games can be too hard for some players. "Forza Motorsport 3" rises above the distinction between simulation and arcade games by using a myriad of cutting-edge driving and gameplay assists such as auto-braking, gameplay rewind and auto-tuning. "Forza Motorsport 3" delivers an experience where everyone can have fun behind the wheel, regardless of your skill and dexterity. Whether you're a newcomer or a seasoned racing game pro, "Forza Motorsport 3" caters to how you drive and the game evolves with you over time as your skills develop.

But it's for everyone!

From that link, the comments make me smh.

Gt5 will stomp on every racing game when it comes out, it's not the most successful racing game franchise for nothing.

The graphics look like crap to me, and this was the same problem with forza 2-great physics terrible roadside graphics, You'd think turn 10 would have learned a lesson, but from what I've seen, I guess not.

h3ro

RSTEIN said:
I know "this is GAF" but why can't we all just get along and appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of both Forza and GT? I mean, fuck, everyone gets so hung up on the smallest details that nobody sees the forest from the trees. Here we are where these two games keep pushing the envelope year in and year out. Both teams have an absolute passion and devotion to cars and give their 100% to give us the best experience possible. They put countless man hours into each game, come up with two of the most critically acclaimed series of all time, only to receive criticism about how the shifter doesn't look "quite right." We got real time tire deformation! Insane physics! 60fps! Glorious graphics! 400+ customizable cars!

WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE THIS IS A GLORIOUS TIME TO BE A RACING FAN ON EITHER CONSOLE!

Truth.

Che, will we be able to map the clutch to the controller?

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
LOL @ all the haters in this thread, you guys are so transparent

Between SC and FM3 Microsoft really did a solid job this year, possibly the first time I've ever been actually impressed by their showing @ E3.

Flo_Evans

chespace said:
It feels awesome to go into a corner faced with understeer, only to kick the clutch to induce rear slippage and then modulate throttle to power-over for the turn. It's so subtle but the fact that you can ride that edge of traction all the way through while adjusting all the while puts Forza physics into a whole separate category. It's a gameplay mechanic I've really yet to experience in any other racing game on consoles.

I believe Richard burns rally had full clutch support on PS2 ;) no wheel with a pedal at that time though! :D

I am pumped! People that know me know I am possibly one of the biggest polyphony digital fanboys ever. But before that I am a car and racing fanboy. Forza 2 really blew me away. It is awesome to have another legit console sim racer.

Console fanboys can go fuck themselves. If you hate sim racers please refrain from making stupid GT vs. forza comparison trolls.

I'm surprised how good this looks. I expected it to have the same slightly cartoony/not-quite-right look from F1 and F2, but they nailed the realism here.

Wish there was a PC version.

neojubei said:
Forza 3 looks great, Che.
I agree ! :)

i just need some other info :D what about day/night cycle ( endurance races) and the same old question.. " what about the wheather in game ? always sunny or something else ?"

A PC version would be amazing. :(

Regarding the wheels.

I have played games(GTR EVO) on the PC where the G25 has occasionally showed up in the controller as a fanatec wheel.

I have accidentally raced a couple of races like that and aside for my custom config from the g25 the wheel functions fine.

Could it be a case of just plugging the G25 and it working with the fanatec drivers??

I can dream can't I?

Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:
I agree ! :)

i just need some other info :D what about day/night cycle ( endurance races) and the same old question.. " what about the wheather in game ? always sunny or something else ?"
If they haven't added it, you best tell them to get on it Che.

Meier

Confidence Man said:
I'm surprised how good this looks. I expected it to have the same slightly cartoony/not-quite-right look from F1 and F2, but they nailed the realism here.

Wish there was a PC version.
Nothing about Forza 2 was "cartoony" IMO. The not quite right look was a result of the tearing!

Shawn128

blah I wish this game would support the G25 (unless I missed something in this thread). Is it too much to ask for this? I'd hate to have to buy another wheel....

Burai

shitonmychest57
Shawn128 said:
blah I wish this game would support the G25 (unless I missed something in this thread). Is it too much to ask for this? I'd hate to have to buy another wheel....

I'd happily buy an XID dongle for it if Microsoft are worried about not being able to rape us in some way.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Meier said:
Where have they mentioned that the career mode was revamped? That is my biggest concern. I beat the Arcade and Career sections and really the Career mode was such a chore. I think they also need a complete, 100% overhaul of the auction/selling system.

Career mode totally revamped. We'll go into more detail on this later. It's radically different.

Also, h3ro, yes, you can map clutch to a controller button. It was like learning to drive stickshift all over again. :lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the "community at play teaser" is obviously pre-rendered (no way that was gameplay driving), but was it using in game assets? it looks like about the same quality as the gameplay trailer. are those other locations actually in the game?

also, che, or anyone that has seen the e3 demo, any other courses/stages to race in?

chespace said:
Career mode totally revamped. We'll go into more detail on this later. It's radically different.

Also, h3ro, yes, you can map clutch to a controller button. It was like learning to drive stickshift all over again. :lol

How many cars on track at once che? is it more than in FM2?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
chespace said:

wat

WAT

wat.jpg

acm2000

chespace said:

how many cars on track this time? please say more than 8...

day/night races?

and most importantly, demo? :D

Cheeto

chespace said:

Button....or trigger...or either?

adelante

chespace said:
Lol reminded me of RallyCross gmes for the PS1...nice

Shawn128 said:
I'd like to see support for the G25 as much as the next guy, but really, the ball's in Logitech's court, and has been for ages. They've understood how the 360 handles ffb for what, four years now? If they wanted to do something about it, they've had ample time to do so.

op_ivy said:
the "community at play teaser" is obviously pre-rendered (no way that was gameplay driving), but was it using in game assets? it looks like about the same quality as the gameplay trailer. are those other locations actually in the game?

also, che, or anyone that has seen the e3 demo, any other courses/stages to race in?

What would be awesome is if you could leave your 360 on overnight or something to record the demo at a higher quality by having it render everything with better settings. That would be beyond cool.

rjcc

eso76 said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/forza-motorsport-3/11395

apparently there's two new videos, one being an interview detailing new features.
unfortunately gametrailers is too slow to see anything for me right now

nah, no new footage just the cg trailer during the interview and the already posted gameplayfootage in shitty overcompressed gametrailers form in the other one. the interview with greenawalt doesn't have any new info either.

iam220

chespace said:

You can't induce oversteer with clutch in gt5p? What exactly about what you described puts F3 into a whole separate category? (on consoles)

rjcc said:
nah, no new footage just the cg trailer during the interview and the already posted gameplayfootage in shitty overcompressed gametrailers form in the other one. the interview with greenawalt doesn't have any new info either.

One new thing Dan mentions in the interview is new types of cars: SUVs, econo-minis, new race car classes, etc.

Not sure how I feel about SUVs in mah Forza, but I'm getting PGR2 vibes from the wider array of vehicles, and that can only be a good thing.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Spaceman Spiff said:
One new thing Dan mentions in the interview is new types of cars: SUVs, econo-minis, new race car classes, etc.

Not sure how I feel about SUVs in mah Forza, but I'm getting PGR2 vibes from the wider array of vehicles, and that can only be a good thing.

ewww. no, i'd much rather them concentrate their effort on cars i'd like to race with.

op_ivy said:
ewww. no, i'd much rather them concentrate their effort on cars i'd like to race with.

Yeah, I actually do know how I feel about SUVs in mah Forza: they're shit and I'd like nothing more than for them to GTFO.

It's not the end of the world, though. I was more interested in the new race cars, perhaps Formula racers of some sort.

saladine1

chespace said:

Che, will there be an option for auto/ manual clutch for the controller. Similar to the PC sims?

Flo_Evans

iam220 said:
I already knew the answer to my own question :D . I was just trying to call out che on his last statement.

Che is slightly hyperbolic in his support or forza, but I like the fact that turn10 has a dedicated dude to manage the community. Tons of GT fan sites and forums have sprung up, I think turn10 recognized this and I applaud their efforts to interact with the fans.

I am sort of surprised play-asia or ncsx doesn't make some hong kong G25 > x360 adapter yet. It can't be all that hard... I already have 2 logitech wheels and I don't really want to buy another.

God damn this game looks incredible. cannot wait.

If they put a last generation WS6 trans am in this, it will be the best racing sim ever created. That is the only car I've ever wanted in these racing sim games.

Cheeto

Lionheart1827 said:
God damn this game looks incredible. cannot wait.

If they put a last generation WS6 trans am in this, it will be the best racing sim ever created. That is the only car I've ever wanted in these racing sim games.
Yeah, now that there is drag-racing this is a no-brainer. More pony cars with Forza's customisation please.

Top Bottom